Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #241
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Great attitude, Rich...I'd encourage you to join and help fix the club, but even though I haven't met you, I wouldn't do that to you...thanks for your insight, tho'...BTW, the IRS info is accessible, and while it may be considered 3rd hand, it's THERE...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #242
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
two mans opinions !!!

I must say I laughed until my sides hurt. We had identical experiences in 2004 when we too we told it's what you put into it !!!! We purchased an o4, 05 and 06 AS all the time listening to the complaining of the WBCCI membership about the same things you mentioned. And---It's always "hang in there and put more into the club , things will change. It's nearly 2010 an the same thing is happening , same complaints etc. We have since sold our AS and are living full time in a SOB. Still it's fun to lurk and laugh at the post like this one.-------Pieman
Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #243
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Where did all our members go?????

AIR # 22776
Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #244
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Maybe camping...????m
Old 10-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #245
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
They have left us for a SOB site.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #246
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
Roger,
You have no idea what you are writing about. Unit Presidents get nothing for travel. Nothing. The Presidents pay International rally fees just like everyone else. They may have to be at the International early to do stuff but they get nothing paid for.

Dude, you really need to step back and quit being a WBCCI basher when you have NEVER been a participating member.

Your posts are starting to get under my skin (I'm being PC here).

Lets just get this said; "Shut up about WBCCI stuff you know nothing about"
Ed
Ed,

Some people let their mouths fly with no regard for the truth. You can't stop them, best to ignore them.

The forum software provides a feature for this, just go User CP > Edit Ignore List. Enter their user name in the "Add member to your ignore list" box and click OK. You won't see their posts and they can't send you a PM.

Saves a lot of aggravation.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #247
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Are we having fun, yet...???m
Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #248
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
Are we having fun, yet...???m
No! Not really.
Attached Images

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #249
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKING View Post
I hesitate to even post to these wbcci-geared threads. It's a bit like walking in on a bar fight.
I am not a member and probably won't be. Not due to anything I've read here. This is great entertainment! I am just not a fan of clubs in general. And I really run from most ORGANISED activities like my pants were on fire.
I just want to go somewhere quiet and beautiful, and spend some time there enjoying it to the fullest.
The third-party information posted here about the financials of wbcci is really doing this thread a dis-service. The problems with third-party information are obvious and well known, as are the problems with the club.
I look forward to the part of this discussion where someone says "I have a great idea of what to do to help solve the problems with wbcci".
Who knows where it could go from there...
Come join the 4CU we have California member and you might get your pants set on fire but no bar fights.
We do not care what the WBCCI old folks do but I guess they are having fun.
All we do is go camping with friends and have fun.Our ORGANISED activities are less than ORGANISED.No shuffle board here.
Come have a Bloody Mary with us some time.It is all free and you do not have to be a member.You might find our Disorganised ways to your liking.See the rally thread for info on Q3-T2 rally that will be in Quartzsite AZ this Thanksgiving and New Years rally at Picacho Peak AZ.Hope to see you around on of our campfires soon.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #250
Rivet Master

Thanks for the offer Jimmini!
I met Ken and Richard and a lot of your club members at the vintage restoration rally and they are all great folks. I had a great time there, even though it was somewhat ORGANISED!
Your unit and the WDCU are becoming known for being forward-thinking clubs. I wonder, does your unit prez get flack from the higher-ups at wbcci for bucking the trend?
I love bloody marys, by the way. I had one at Burningman made with Castle Rock Habanero Vodka. I still can't taste with the right side of my tongue!
My wife is from Az and my brother-in-law lives in Nm so you will most likely see me pop up at one of your rallys at some point
Rich
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #251
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Rich,
If you make it to Quartzsite(and I hope you do), the dues and beer are on me...the major organization you should see is that the firepit will be somewhere near the middle of the circle, and happy hour occurs when it's 5:00 somewhere...Jimmini makes a really good BLOODY MARY, even at 8 in the am...mike
Closed Thread