Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
Las Vegas , Alaska
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
WBCCI number search

Can anyone help me with WBCCI # 5312? Thanks in advance
__________________

66Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:11 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,623
Are you trying to see if anyone has that number because you want it for yourself?

Or are you more interested in exactly WHO has that number so you can get in touch with them?
__________________

__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
 
Las Vegas , Alaska
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Are you trying to see if anyone has that number because you want it for yourself?

Or are you more interested in exactly WHO has that number so you can get in touch with them?

I would be more interested in knowing if the numbers are available for myself. However being a new and first time owner I would also be interested in any historical significance of the numbers meaning when they were first assigned time frame this was in the club and caravans it may have been I. etc. At this point I am very green and anything helps.
66Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Boxite's Avatar
 
2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Heathen View Post
I would be more interested in knowing if the numbers are available for myself. However being a new and first time owner I would also be interested in any historical significance of the numbers meaning when they were first assigned time frame this was in the club and caravans it may have been I. etc. At this point I am very green and anything helps.
It's a question of privacy. How would you look at it if someone wanted to know who owned your phone number, and how often you used it, and where you lived when you owned it, and who you conversed with from that number, and... If it used to be your number... would you want anyone/everyone knowing what/where/who you had been?

WBCCI will allow you to request a particular number if you wish, and if it's available they'll assign it to you. When you join, you'll receive a Directory which will allow you to determine who currently has a particular number and provide you with the owner's contact info. In other words, it's a bit sensitive to some people.
__________________
2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4.7L 4X4
Rambox
WBCCI 14676 TX ALAMO UNIT
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:22 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member
 
2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
It's a question of privacy. How would you look at it if someone wanted to know who owned your phone number, and how often you used it, and where you lived when you owned it, and who you conversed with from that number, and... If it used to be your number... would you want anyone/everyone knowing what/where/who you had been?

WBCCI will allow you to request a particular number if you wish, and if it's available they'll assign it to you. When you join, you'll receive a Directory which will allow you to determine who currently has a particular number and provide you with the owner's contact info. In other words, it's a bit sensitive to some people.
The 2018 Membership Guide shows number 5312 is owned by a North Carolina Airstreamer.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member
 
Las Vegas , Alaska
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Sanctuary View Post
The 2018 Membership Guide shows number 5312 is owned by a North Carolina Airstreamer.


Thank you for the response.
66Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:10 AM   #7
Rivet Master
 
rideair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,248
66Heathen,

It appears that number has changed hands from 2015 to 2018 so it is a recent reissued number. If the current users of that number decided to leave the club and then after two years of non-renewal dues, it will come available once again to be reissued.

There are certain numbers that people will often want for various reasons, year of trailer (1950-2018), maybe year the person was born, etc... so we all have our own reason. I personally changed my number within the WBCCI to "1966" when it came available some years ago after being in the club for many years.

As for the historical side of the house, you can get in contact the WBCCI person that handles the historical information and they will provide for you the historical data around that number, when first issued, to whom, caravans traveled, etc.... If I had to guess, that number was first issued back in the mid-late 1950's.

Hope this helps,

Enjoy,
__________________
Paul Waddell
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:59 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member
 
Las Vegas , Alaska
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
66Heathen,

It appears that number has changed hands from 2015 to 2018 so it is a recent reissued number. If the current users of that number decided to leave the club and then after two years of non-renewal dues, it will come available once again to be reissued.

There are certain numbers that people will often want for various reasons, year of trailer (1950-2018), maybe year the person was born, etc... so we all have our own reason. I personally changed my number within the WBCCI to "1966" when it came available some years ago after being in the club for many years.

As for the historical side of the house, you can get in contact the WBCCI person that handles the historical information and they will provide for you the historical data around that number, when first issued, to whom, caravans traveled, etc.... If I had to guess, that number was first issued back in the mid-late 1950's.

Hope this helps,

Enjoy,


Thank you very much for the info. You would not happen to be able to tell me the state of the 2015 owner of that number would you? Also should I remove the old numbers from the trailer? They are not faded or anything and I think they give it character?
66Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #9
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Heathen View Post
Thank you very much for the info. You would not happen to be able to tell me the state of the 2015 owner of that number would you? Also should I remove the old numbers from the trailer? They are not faded or anything and I think they give it character?
Best if you do remove them. Those who belong to WBCCI/WBAC pay for the privilege of owning those Big Red Numbers and displaying them. If you haven't paid for the privilege, keeping the numbers on the trailer might be considered disrespectful to those who have. Especially to the current owner of said numbers.

Of course you are welcome to join WBCCI/WBAC and display your own numbers on your trailer…

And if that doesn't suit you, then consider that "ghost" numbers— meaning the visible outline of numbers that have been removed— also add character to a trailer and show some of its history.
__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #10
Rivet Master
 
rideair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,248
66Heathen,

In the 2015 WBCCI Directory, that number was assigned to someone out of the state of Massachusetts if this helps.

As for taking off the numbers, being a member of the WBCCI, I can understand the feelings of other WBCCI members and the numbers there of, but it's "your" trailer to do with what you want. I or anyone else has no right to tell you what to do with it, that decision is up to you. If the owners of those numbers were so concerned with it, they would have taken them off the trailer before selling it in the first place.

Enjoy,
__________________
Paul Waddell
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:16 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member
 
Las Vegas , Alaska
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Wbcci number search

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
66Heathen,

In the 2015 WBCCI Directory, that number was assigned to someone out of the state of Massachusetts if this helps.

As for taking off the numbers, being a member of the WBCCI, I can understand the feelings of other WBCCI members and the numbers there of, but it's "your" trailer to do with what you want. I or anyone else has no right to tell you what to do with it, that decision is up to you. If the owners of those numbers were so concerned with it, they would have taken them off the trailer before selling it in the first place.

Enjoy,


Very good point. Just got my 66 overland home today can't wait to dig into it a see what works and what does not. Thank you for your post.
66Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:41 AM   #12
Rivets?
 
nvestysly's Avatar

 
1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,623
To the OP...

There is an ongoing thread regarding "research" of WBCCI red numbers. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ml#post2061890

Look over the thread to determine what kind of information you need to provide (see post 1000 for reference) so the WBCCI club historian can help you identify information related to your numbers and trailer.
__________________

__________________
Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
#vin number search ronboy Airstream History 0 11-29-2015 04:58 AM
original owner number search walter1 WBCCI Forum 4 04-17-2015 04:03 AM
number/ old owner search gparker WBCCI Forum 13 11-01-2006 12:21 PM
Search - Where did SEARCH Go? Foiled Again Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info 4 10-16-2005 09:49 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.