Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
... and you did say yourself, you knew he wouldn't like your comment when you were making it.
I was really thinking back to a previous post in the thread where PeeWee cautioned people about staying on topic. But, I don't see how my post was off-topic; it was on-topic. It just wasn't supporting his viewpoint, it was an alternative viewpoint.

Quote:
Let's make another thread and perhaps the moderators could move some of the posts if the posters so request.
I have thought of this based upon the suggestion of "Goin camping"; but then others continued to post here and I thought: why should a new thread be started? The topic fits, it's relating back to the original post. If you post something, you have to be willing to accept that there might be people who don't agree 100%. Maybe a moderator will disagree and move posts to a new thread, but I think we're on track with the original topic of the post.

There's a number of anti-WBCCI threads out there. I chose to question people in a pro-WBCCI thread to express their reasons for being in the club and instead of positive viewpoints, I received personal attacks.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Thank you Carol.

Losing PeeWee's input would be a travesty. I thoroughly enjoy the historical components he posts. He has every right to be proud of his involvement and knowledge of the trailer we at least can all agree we are proud to own and the club he was so much a part of and has been so important in his life.

If I was disappointed to find the thread hijacked I can imagine how PeeWee must have felt. How sad. A major loss to the thousands of us who have enjoyed his posts.

Barry

Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
You guys are preaching to the choir. You think I don't agree with your points of view. You would be mistaken to think that. But every thread does not have to contain every subject. What makes you think Pee Wee wants to talk dues increase in this thread? He isn't IBT. He isn't even pro-IBT. He has a pride of WBCCI as it was intended and originated. We can't fully appreciate that from our standpoint. What do you want from the man? You know who to go after with your concerns. Of course he becomes incensed to see what has become of the legacy.

photography
Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
You guys are preaching to the choir. You think I don't agree with your points of view. You would be mistaken to think that. But every thread does not have to contain every subject. What makes you think Pee Wee wants to talk dues increase in this thread? He isn't IBT what do you want from the man? You know who to go after with your concerns.
Dues increase has nothing to do with it...

I want to know why people that love their local unit and say that this is the source of "fun" can justify paying their membership dues (no matter what the amount) to a national organization that gives little or nothing back to the unit.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
... and you did say yourself, you knew he wouldn't like your comment when you were making it.
For sometime I have found it interesting that there is a sentiment among some that a different level of sensitivity in posting is due to Peewee than to other forum members. For my part, I don't buy that he is any more, or less, deserving of deference than anyone else. OPs do not get to exercise editorial control over the course a thread takes. Threads wander, go off topic, and get hijacked, that is just how the ball bounces. And frankly, the sanctimonious and scolding tone he has often chosen to take toward others has made some push back inevitable. If he wants to take part in the forums with the same status as everyone else great, if not, in my world he is welcome to pick up his toys and go home like he claims he has.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I did say if the posters wanted to start a new thread they could. It seemed there were going to be disputes about the appropriateness of the new direction.

I appreciate what you are saying and I have put in a sharp word myself in reaction to certain attitudes as you have mentioned, but it was in direct response, within context. I am all for putting up the dukes.I just don't like sucker punching or blind siding anyone before they put on the gloves.

Aint no saints here on any sides. I don't disagree with anything you or Jason or the others for that matter are saying. I didn't mean to hijack the hijack, or did I? Sorry i am going to go look at Airstream pictures some more, which is how I got in this thread last to begin with.

Did you all see the guy in the ladies underwear in the Xmas card below?

photography
Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 AM   #21
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Did you all see the guy in the ladies underwear in the Xmas card below?
Yes I did and then I saw how Pee Wee got the beginnings of a tizzy with you over that... But Jason gets thrown under the bus.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Yes I did and then I saw how Pee Wee got the beginnings of a tizzy with you over that... But Jason gets thrown under the bus.
Jason wasn't thrown. He jumped.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 02-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Fun

Camping is fun!

I am proud to be an Airstream owner. When I first put my big red numbers on my trailer "Lucy" a friend said "they look ugly" that same friend was working the gate at Burning Man one year when I pulled up he said "I knew it was you because of your numbers" My friends and family always check out Airstream numbers going down the road to see if its me!

There is nothing like caravaning and camping with other Airstreamers!

2003 International CCD
Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Here's the funny thing: this thread is three years old. There were posts on the first page alluding to the politics and difficulty that the club was going through. That was before the long list of recent WBCCI misadventures, which there isn't really a need to duplicate here.

I think Jason asked a valid question - how do members reconcile the fun with the stuff on the higher level? Different people could have different answers. He asked the question rather politely, only to be stomped down by PeeWee ("you don't ask me anything" - oh, that's civil) and other self-appointed thread moderators.

Really, I should just say "whatever" - and indeed I will. Each passing birthday teaches me that online forum spats are pretty damn much wasted time...

Tom
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Tom, thi is the electronic communications era and, as such members everywhere now have an opportunity to express their "differing opinions" - theses are not spats but expressions of frustration over the actions and / or inactions of the club leadership If the leadership pays attention, the club will thrive, otherwise it will go down the tube in failure.

The termination of Leo was a very bad mistake by the current leadership - all are to blame for this, the PIP's, the EC7 and the IBT. This action may well have killed the club. I told all of you that "change" was coming, but no you did not pay attention. I know how to sve the club. Oops, gotta go, talk to you latter.gotta go

Bob T
Old 02-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
Jason wasn't thrown. He jumped.
You sure got that right.Thejumped.
The loss of Pee Wee What ever the cause or reason is a grate loss to the folks that like the history about the WBCCI whether they are a member or not.
We have this thread and enough so lets it now.
We all know the WBCCI's troubles and each of us has made up our mind about what we are going to do.So with Pee Wee gone lets close this thread.It has died a natural death just like the WBCCI is going to do with out change.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
WHAT HE SAID!!! Just too bad that it wasn't closed before Dale left...the sanctimonious self-admiration used to justify personal attacks belongs in the garbage; a lifestyle which created our existence as unit and club members should be remembered and revitalized or buried...I have met Dale on a few occasions, and respect his willingness to share his experience with those interested. On the forums, you push a button; at the campfire, you get up and walk away...RESPECT YER ELDERS< ya little twerp> mike
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Here I go. I try to stay out of WBCCI discussions on the forums because you can never win them, but every once in a while I feel like I've got to give my 2 cents worth, so here goes.

WBCCI is like family to a lot of folks. It may be a big dysfunctional family, but it's a family none the less. The trouble is when people start tossing nagetive comments around about the club, some of us take it personally. Yeah our family's got problems, but don't "you" (meaning no one in particular) pick on our family or we're gonna have a fight. We're gonna have to stand up for them, like them or not.

I feel this way a lot of the time when WBCCI gets bashed here over and over. PeeWee feels it much more personally. He was there are the beginning and saw his mother build the club from an idea to a great organization. I don't blame him for pushing back every once in a while.

It does get irritating that any thread here that mentions WBCCI is going to eventually (often sooner than later) turn into a complaint fest about the club. Dale knows that the club has issues, but I think he just wanted one thread to celebrate the positives so that the negatives could be forgotten for a little while.

I know Jason's comments are valid and that he didn't mean to hurt Dale or usurp the thread, he just happened to be the one to make the post that broke the camels back. That's the way it goes sometimes.

I wish the posts that shifted the topic could be moved to another thread to try to keep this one to it's original intent, but if that's the policy half the threads on AirFourms probably need to be split. What's done is done. Let's just get back to celebrating the positive (what little there is in some eyes) about WBCCI in this thread (or not).

Now I'll crawl back under my rock . . .

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
Closed Thread