Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Without reading all the details of this thread - but going back to the first question... and the fact that I have not been at an international Rally Yet - hope to attend the one in Georgia.

How about keeping it simple

A nightcap tent.

When regular entertainment is over and people head back - put their kiddies to bed (arrange for baby sitter, dog sitter) and if you can not find a "gathering" then head to the "NightCap Tent" for Hot Chocolate - opps sorry wrong season make that an Irish Cream.

What starts in the tent stays in the tent young or old - dance, drink coolaid, fan each other or whatever. It is an organized place for entertainment that has the proper equipment to facilitate large crowds. Rent on a tent is cheaper than a building and the air would be nice outside.

Rent a couple of Electric fireplaces for the ambiance if you have to.

Getting out and about is the key - and not everyone goes to bed at 9:00 - so move the side parties to a common place. (to be considerate of those who do go to bed early)
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #42
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_hollow
I think it goes both ways that if people who decide to go to sleep earlier should expect it to be quiet then it's just as easy to say that people who decide to stay up later should expect these people to close their windows.

I travel with a six year old who goes to bed at 8:30PM (and that's a late night, it's typically 7:30PM) and she sleeps fine at our rallies even next to the louder folks. It's amazing how soundproof these trailers are when they're all buttoned up.

So for all you early sleepers, shut your windws!

D
Obviously you have never been to Georgia in the summer time.

Let me paint a picture:

Daytime temperatures in the hovering around the 100's
Nighttime temperatures in the mid 80's
Humidity levels in the mid 90's

Temper levels in the stratusfere.

Will it be that bad for certain...probably not, but you can count on it that it won't be far from it. And it is definately a posibility that it could be that bad.

Asking someone to sleep with the windows closed in a metal tube that has been sitting in the sun all day is like asking someone to sleep in a sauna. Except the sauna will have lower humidity!

If you were talking November or March, it would be different, but not July!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
hello, is alcohol allowed at the place where the rally is to be held??
Bob
Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
is the pope catholic? :O)
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Let me paint a picture:

Daytime temperatures in the hovering around the 100's
Nighttime temperatures in the mid 80's
Humidity levels in the mid 90's

Temper levels in the stratusfere.
I dunno, Minnie's Mate. That picture looks a hekuva lot like Massachusetts in July to me. The only difference is we'd have to add a few thousand mosquitoes under the awning here in MA.

If there are that many people around who can't sleep because of the heat and humanity, might as well have a night spot set up and let them commiserate over a cold drink. If the entertainment, or nightcap tent, is in a remote location away from the trailer/motorhome sites, would it really be that much of a nuisance to people sleeping with windows open?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
30 amp service = air conditioning = windows closed
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
WHY NOT?
Looking at just one small aspect of the 'WBCCI Nightclub' discussion, I say, "Why not put together an old-time rock & roll band?"
I have played with both the WBCCI Concert band and the WBCCI Dance Band.
They are made-up of WBCCI members who volunteer their time & talent to create a temporary, amazingly high quality, band just for the International Rally.
I love the big band sound but I also love other types of music. I grew up with 50's, 60's, & 70's Rock and love it.
I suggest this could begin as a notice to those attending of rock & roll "jam sessions". I am sure there are others in WBCCI who are accomplished in this era of music. Anyone interested would provide their own equipment and we'd see what could be assembled.
If interest, and results, merited; later years could bring arrangements similar to the WBCCI Dance Band: they rehearse daily for two weeks prior to the starting date of International Rally. I'm not suggesting this.
Just a place where we could get together, rip up some oldies, and have fun (hopefully, folks would leave the "ego" at home).
This should result in some cool after-hours (post Big Band) music for the evenings.
How much more "garage band" can you get?
I mentioned in a post, a couple of years ago, that the present WBCCI Bands had to start somewhere, so why not try it with some newer music. "Jam sessions" may be a way.
Anyway, back to the original thread.
WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #48
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
MarkE

Interesting idea.Thanks for your post.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE
WHY NOT?
Looking at just one small aspect of the 'WBCCI Nightclub' discussion, I say, "Why not put together an old-time rock & roll band?"
I have played with both the WBCCI Concert band and the WBCCI Dance Band.
They are made-up of WBCCI members who volunteer their time & talent to create a temporary, amazingly high quality, band just for the International Rally.
I love the big band sound but I also love other types of music. I grew up with 50's, 60's, & 70's Rock and love it.
I suggest this could begin as a notice to those attending of rock & roll "jam sessions". I am sure there are others in WBCCI who are accomplished in this era of music. Anyone interested would provide their own equipment and we'd see what could be assembled.
If interest, and results, merited; later years could bring arrangements similar to the WBCCI Dance Band: they rehearse daily for two weeks prior to the starting date of International Rally. I'm not suggesting this.
Just a place where we could get together, rip up some oldies, and have fun (hopefully, folks would leave the "ego" at home).
This should result in some cool after-hours (post Big Band) music for the evenings.
How much more "garage band" can you get?
I mentioned in a post, a couple of years ago, that the present WBCCI Bands had to start somewhere, so why not try it with some newer music. "Jam sessions" may be a way.
Anyway, back to the original thread.
Putting together an old time Rock and Roll band sounds great. Someone would need to volunteer to head that up and get it organized. If this year is going to be formulative jam sessions, someone would need to volunteer to get that going. It could be official or unofficial. What do you think? Would you want to head this up? If so, I'll gladly pass on the idea if you like.
Communicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Okay, for Perry what if we propose an event called something like "Night-Streamers". Have a DJ and ask them to play a little of everything: oldies (50-60's), classic rock, maybe a little disco, country and contemporary. (One member suggests she'd prefer no hip-hop or rap.) People can bring snacks to share if they want and their own drink if they like. Have it run something like 9-11 PM? I also know of a musician that might be fun, but I'm not sure of his availability.
Communicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #51
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Communicator
Putting together an old time Rock and Roll band sounds great. Someone would need to volunteer to head that up and get it organized. If this year is going to be formulative jam sessions, someone would need to volunteer to get that going. It could be official or unofficial. What do you think? Would you want to head this up? If so, I'll gladly pass on the idea if you like.
Yea! Finally some ideas coming forward rather than the same old political mish-mash. Yes, we are all aware of the internal problems with WBCCI. Let us take the high road and put forth some really concrete suggestions to show the 'old boys' that the 'new kids' in town know how to have a good time, organize it and share it! I would bet that there is a sea of talent in the general membership of WBCCI. We are the WBCCI and we will show them. If you were to start polling the membership, I mean really take it to heart, you would find many extremely talented musicians in our ranks who would love to JAM with other members for a night of memorable music. I would bet you $1.00 that with our membership we could put together a rotating jam session of two hours (or more) of organized players which in turn would present a large musical variation for the attendees. BYOB and your dancing shoes!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote