Old 12-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Fred ~

Too much coffee this morning or not enough?

Shari

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
FRED---Do we have to have our WBCCI membership current before we can be "Virturalist". Also I'm not sure I like the name of this organization. I know "Virtural" has been with us since the begining and expresses the spirit of the club from the time it was originated but it fails to include the name of it's founder. May I suggest ,FCVCCI. { Fred Coldwell Virtural Caravan Club}. I'm wondering if we could have a Virtural Survey sent out from the Virtural Headquarters to get the consensus concerning this name change.------------Pieman
Mike:

I recently held a seance with Wally and he instructed me to use his name for this new free-spirited club. I take no credit; after all, I'm only the channeller, the earth bound instrument of his divine directions.

As for membership prerequisites, no, you don't have to be burdened with a WBCCI membership to join. And, you can choose virtually any membership number you wish! Because this virtuous new club will exist in an infinite number of space/time continuums, we can have duplicate membership numbers as long as they never share the same space/time coordinate. That unfortunate event would produce a black hole which would take cosmic polishing efforts to remove, and both identical membership numbers would get wiped out in the process.

As for policies and procedures, well, you'll have to contact VHQ, who can also supply you, electronically of course, with an upload of the latest Virtural Survey. Finally, because the operation of this virtural Caravan Club will be highly poll-driven, you can expect there will be a lot of VS!

Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:05 PM   #115

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Thanks for the graphic, Lou, it rocks Now I'm a little dissapointed they want to change it.

I was at the unit Christmas Luncheon today and Jim Franklin from Region 10 brought these samples of the new logo the comittee has chosen. They will be presented at the IBT meeting in Jan, and then voted on at International. So I guess if people don't want the name to change, there is still time to try to organize a movement to stop it and keep things the same. Jim said that he has heard a lot of grousing about the changes, but that only 17% of people bothered to vote in the first place, and apparently the majority of those voted for change.
Attached Images

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:12 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
I was right

AOA, I guessed that was what it was going to be back on Post 81. I don't care for it. So, with AOA, I guess the Base Camp will be allowed. The lady at WBCCI said right now it wasn't allowed at WBCCI...that they were going to vote in Jan to allow it or not....but if it is AOA, how can in not be allowed, it has the name Airstream on it, right?

I still like WBC...Wally Byam Caravanners!
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #117

1968 17' Caravel
Who knows how many people are currently in the club? I'm wondering just how many votes 17% is.

Old 12-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #118
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
New Graphic

Thanks for keeping us informed Stephanie. It's great to be able to get the latest updates.

What does everyone think of the proposed graphic? And what would be the proper procedure to have input on the decision?

Quote:
I was at the unit Christmas Luncheon today and Jim Franklin from Region 10 brought these samples of the new logo the comittee has chosen. They will be presented at the IBT meeting in Jan, and then voted on at International. So I guess if people don't want the name to change, there is still time to try to organize a movement to stop it and keep things the same. Jim said that he has heard a lot of grousing about the changes, but that only 17% of people bothered to vote in the first place, and apparently the majority of those voted for change.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:26 PM   #119
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
And less than that for a name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Who knows how many people are currently in the club? I'm wondering just how many votes 17% is.
If the majority of 17% voted for the name change less than that number of voters were actually for it.

photography
Old 12-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #120
_

. , .
hard to believe it,

but i just had a nearly rational thought........

take a look at the blue hat mag and most other places where the wbcci is spelled out in full, the 2nd line (subheading) is "the recreational vehichle club of airstream owners"....

yes, i realize this has already been mentioned.......

BUT
what if the new name sort of swapped lines.....in other words put wally's name in the 2nd line......which would keep it as part of offical name but without leading........

something like.....

"airstream recreational vehicle owners club" (arvoc)
the "wally baum's caravan club international" (wbcci)

or.....

aoa
wbcci

of course we could just go with t.a.c.i.
(thor's airstream club ingrates)

or some other lame first line with the wbcci dropping down to line 2....this would keep wally in the mix, pay tribute to the original name and yet allow for the word airstream to move up...........

offically i'm against any name change that's been proposed. this really isn't a new issue......i recall complaints about the name from dealers/newbies 25 years ago....but the old fart members were much stronger then & better organized and had better numbers to squash the youngin' new fangled ideas..........

the truth is very few people know how to pronounce wally's last name and that has always made newbies uneasy.....this is the REAL issue......hell i've met many airstream sales staff who can't pronounce it correctly.......

cheers
2air'
Old 12-17-2005, 09:35 PM   #121

1968 17' Caravel
Shoot, slip of the fingers! Sorry about that, sometimes they get ahead of my brain!

Old 12-17-2005, 09:47 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Need I really say that logo is CRAP! Maybe I don't need to say that logo is CRAP!

You folks want to trade in Wally for THIS logo and THIS name?

Wally Byam Adventurers' Club here I come!! Who can put me in touch with the family? I want to get permission to use Wally's name!

Hey Steph -- how'd Lou work his way into this one? Yeah I know -- where's that edit button when you need it!

__
Could we have a virtual crap club??? Our logo could be a turd with rivits.--Pieman
Old 12-17-2005, 10:27 PM   #123
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Thumbs up WBCCI New Name/Logo

I like the proposed new name, "AOA" and graphic, except I think the AS in the graphic should be either a small vintage unit or a more modern smaller CCD. Apparently the super tubes aren't that popular with the new buyers.

Of course the Basecamp should be included. Why is that even aquestion?

The name change alone won't make much difference, but it's a step in the right direction.

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:12 PM   #124
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
But gee

I'm old with a new Airstream, doesn't anyone want me? -sniff- I want to play too!

photography
Old 12-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #125
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
Mike:

I recently held a seance with Wally and he instructed me to use his name for this new free-spirited club.
Hey! In all seriousness... Airstream Free Spirits! Howz zat!!!!??? I like it! Or for the ghost hunters out there, how about In the Spirit of Wally Byam! Big grin!

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 12-17-2005, 11:44 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe
AOA, I guessed that was what it was going to be back on Post 81. I don't care for it. So, with AOA, I guess the Base Camp will be allowed. The lady at WBCCI said right now it wasn't allowed at WBCCI...that they were going to vote in Jan to allow it or not....but if it is AOA, how can in not be allowed, it has the name Airstream on it, right?

I still like WBC...Wally Byam Caravanners!
My brother already belongs to the AOA - The American Optometric Association. I have no interest in joining the AOA - I avoided medicine as a career for a reason. I think "Airstream Owners Association" is perhaps the weakest of the new names proposed for the WBCCI. I don't like it one bit.

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote