Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #261
2 Rivet Member

2003 33' Land Yacht 33
Fort Myers , Florida
Ibt

Excuse my ignorance, but what does the abbreviation IBT mean?
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:19 AM   #262
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Los Alamitos , California
Hello: Sherry and I are very very new to owning a brand new 2006 Safari SE LS. We just sent out check in to the WBCCI for a member at large membership.

I can add very little to the overwhelming and thorough discussion substantively, but felt compelled to at least add our initial thoughts, (admitting we know little if nothing about the club hierarchy).

We joined the WBCCI to enjoy the company and camping experience with other Airstream owners. This is a very simple sentence, yet the word experience requires some explanation.

The scene is somewhat as follows, but varies from place and time:

"Good morning, would you care to share a cup of coffee with us, my name is Robert and this is Sherry?"

"Why sure, my name is _______. I see you have a new Airstream"

"Yes, just been out twice now, and looking forward to the next unit rally"

"Well, I am the membership chairman of Unit _____, and we will be going to ________campground in two weeks, please come and join us. Everyone is friendly, and supporting, willing to share experiences about camping, and experiences about Airstreams" You will find us open minded and generous of heart and spirit"

"We will be there"

"Great, and thanks so much for the coffee"

I am very much a solo spirit myself, and will not engage in political infighting, my time is too precious. We may not even join a unit, although we did find the San Diego Chapter just full of charming people. We will attend different chapter gatherings and meet the people before considering a specifc unit, being even more cautious after reading the volumn of messages on this thread.

One last thing, I do not know if Airstream has publicly written their name can be used in conjunction with the proposed name change, but if they have not done so, the entire process to advance such a name change is riddled with litigation.

This is my first, and final post, on the subject.

In conclusion, Sherry and I hope to meet many of you on our camping trails, whether it be through an informal forum rally organized here (where non Airstream owners are welcome as well), or through more formal unit rallys. We look forward to discussing events in our lives which have substantive meaning, our children, our health of our parents, and our personal concern for those with whom we interact daily.

Our very best to all of you, Robert and Sherry Vogeli
OpenHigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #263
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
Robert
Very well said.
My wife and I just bought our first Airstream,due in about 3 weeks,and are new to this as well.From reading all of these posts I see I have much to learn about the WBCCI. I to joined in the hopes of being part of something fun.I guess I will just have to wait and see if it was a good choice.

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:05 AM   #264
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS
Robert
I to joined in the hopes of being part of something fun.I guess I will just have to wait and see if it was a good choice.
Hi Brad:
The Minnesota Unit just needs some younger folks to pep it up and we seem to be getting them. Most of the old-timers are down south right now and little goes on in the Winter anyway. Try to make the Spring rally.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #265
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
OpenHigher, BradS;

Congratulations on your Airstreams. My wife and I have had our '05 for nine months now. We have attended a Region Rally and a couple of Unit Rallies. Of course I'm referring to the WBCCI. All of the people are great. I've met new members as well as the International President Jim Franklin. All great people. What I want to say is don't let this thread lower your spirits or enthusiasm. Just go out participate in the WBCCI and enjoy your Airstream.
Charlie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #266
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
Channel 8 News covered our Vintage Rally last weekend. They billed us on the air as the Wally Byam Carnival Club. Best argument for a name change I have heard in a long time!

By the way, the general feeling regarding the name change in every member I have been in contact with is "Fine".
Not here. The weekend unit event was a strong against. Even talk of a new club. AOAII. Not that's a big help. Change the club keep the name. I like the Carnival Club idea
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:02 AM   #267
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
OK, time for a compromise. I think this sums it up. Of course those who like wearing those funny hats may object but it's them that made me think of it.

Wally's Airstream Carnival Club International.

WACCI for short. Got to have that sticker....
I crack me up....
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:08 AM   #268
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
You crack me up too! I want stickers!!!!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #269

1971 21' Globetrotter
1998 33' Land Yacht
Palatine , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohanastar
I don't know why others won't join or stay with the club but I know why I've chosen not to renew my 1 year membership. I'm 43 years old and still working. We have two elementary school age children. I enthusiastically joined about a year ago right after we purchased our vintage unit but the schedule for our club just doesn't fit our lives. The newsletters we got seemed to indicate a tight-knit group but didn't seem to offer family style activities. It just isn't a "fit" for us as working parents. I'm sorry to let it lapse because I thought it might be great fun to connect with others who love Airstreams too, but I think my membership money would be better put to use on something else ...and I don't think that has anything to do with the name of the club.
I fully concur that the club doesn't do enough for working/younger members. They could be the life blood of tomorrow. I'm sorry that you decided not stay a member, since only people like you who participate and try to bring about the changes necessary to meet your needs as well as others will the club survive.
BILLEVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #270

1971 21' Globetrotter
1998 33' Land Yacht
Palatine , Illinois
Club Name Change

Changing the name of the club will not solve the clubs membership problems. The club of the future requires a continuation of the things that have made the club successful in the past, ie WE WERE A CARAVAN CLUB and now seem to be only a rally club which has caravan's. Most of all we must meet the needs of new/younger/working members. If we don't then as our present OLD members, ie 55 plus, pass on the club will become smaller and smaller.
BILLEVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #271
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohanastar
I don't know why others won't join or stay with the club but I know why I've chosen not to renew my 1 year membership. I'm 43 years old and still working. We have two elementary school age children. I enthusiastically joined about a year ago right after we purchased our vintage unit but the schedule for our club just doesn't fit our lives. The newsletters we got seemed to indicate a tight-knit group but didn't seem to offer family style activities. It just isn't a "fit" for us as working parents. I'm sorry to let it lapse because I thought it might be great fun to connect with others who love Airstreams too, but I think my membership money would be better put to use on something else ...and I don't think that has anything to do with the name of the club.
I responded to this before, but to add, it is unfortinate that you decided not to renew, after apparently not attending a rally. There will never be activities for working parents with children if they never attend an event. Why schedule an activity if there is no demand, create the demand and then complain if it doesn't happen.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #272
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLEVANS
Changing the name of the club will not solve the clubs membership problems. The club of the future requires a continuation of the things that have made the club successful in the past, ie WE WERE A CARAVAN CLUB and now seem to be only a rally club which has caravan's. Most of all we must meet the needs of new/younger/working members. If we don't then as our present OLD members, ie 55 plus, pass on the club will become smaller and smaller.
Billevans,

Watch that language, 55+ is not old

60 this year and still not old.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote