Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #181
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
SSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssslam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Maybe we can get this one considered...

___
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:02 PM   #182

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Cool!
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:43 PM   #183
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I've never seen such a species.......hmmmm....a female parker.....
I resemble that remark!!!!

This forum is loaded with capable women, including those who can drive, tow, back, and maybe even PARK those big ole silver bullets! Maybe Jack should get out and attend some Airstream Forums rallies and campouts....

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 PM   #184
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Me too

I usually solo. Besides I wouldn't have to drive just move my arms.

And Steph, I look for pullthroughs if at all possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5

This forum is loaded with capable women, including those who can drive, tow, back, and maybe even PARK those big ole silver bullets! Maybe Jack should get out and attend some Airstream Forums rallies and campouts....

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #185

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I can do everything but back up. "I could do that, but I don't want to."

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:50 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
tsk-tsk-tsk...I'm ashamed of you Jack!!!

Quote:

I AM one of those who can handle the trailer by myself...I did 50+ of the days I was out this summer while Mr. InsideOut held down the fort at home!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #187
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Burn....

Quote:
Maybe we can get this one considered...

___
The 70's show, of course. Now that's definitely not your father's decal!

photography
Old 12-21-2005, 08:37 AM   #188

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:

Nope you miss my point. The parkers are the folks at WBCCI rallies who direct you and sometimes help you park. Never have seen a female doing this job. No reference to where you were going with this. We don't do this at Forums rallies. Unless you arrive in darkness or ask for help, I don't park anyone. Everyone has their own way and system. My only encounter with a tree occurred because a well meaning parker at a WBCCI rally distracted my attention away from Patty who guides me on the straight and narrow.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #189
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Greetings all, I have attached a letter that I sent to all of the Region 9 Officers after the International Rally this past summer in Springfield.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Greetings%20Regional%20Officers[1].doc (23.5 KB, 100 views)
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #190
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
ground work for an electronic petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight
Greetings all, I have attached a letter that I sent to all of the Region 9 Officers after the International Rally this past summer in Springfield.
Dwight that typlifies my feeling and I wish I had written a letter as well. I wonder if we could all snail mail and e-mail our petitions for consideration to the WBCCI now.

Thank you for posting this. I applaud you for actually taking action and initiative to make your stand clear.

Stand up, stand up!

photography
Old 12-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight
Dwight,

Thank you!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 12-22-2005, 01:38 PM   #192
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
I vote for a name change to something like "Airstream Caravan Club".
Airstream has more name recognition than Wally Byam.

Minimize the cost of the change by moving away from some of the trappings like jackets, hats, flags, etc. Schedule the name change when it is time to order new stationary anyway.

I think the club should be more about having fun at rallies and on caravans!
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:02 PM   #193
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Don't forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
If the majority of 17% voted for the name change less than that number of voters were actually for it.
That subsequently, every member in every unit in the country had the opportunity to vote. The delegates then voted for their units at the 2005 International. The delegates were given the choice to vote proportionally or vote their unit membership as a block.

I don't know how each unit gathered their vote, but obviously, the majority of active members voted for a change. In our case, we voted at our business meeting at a major rally after hearing an explanation of the proposal from the Region President (now the Internatinal 3rd VP). Approximately half of our members were at the meeting and virtually all the active members were there. There was one dissenting vote.

Far more than 17% of the membership voted and most supported the change.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #194
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Don't Forget

Read the bylaws. We are talking about an amendment to the consitiution. The procedure taken so far is in violation of the bylaws/constitution of WBCCI.

The delegates are not authorized to vote for this change or for that matter anything binding withrespect to the constitution.

Read the process that must be taken for an amendment to the constitution.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #195
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Oh!

From the constitution:
Quote:
Sec. 2 Amendments to this Constitution may also be adopted by a two-thirds vote of the members represented by Delegates present and voting at the annual Dele¬gates Meeting voting in accordance with Article XII of the Constitution. Such proposed amendment(s) may be submitted in writing by any chartered unit, by the Board of Trustees and by the Internation¬al President. Any such amend¬ment(s) submitted by a Unit shall bear a certification by the Unit President that it has been approved by a majority vote conducted in accordance with the Unit's Constitution and Bylaws. The proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the originating unit is a part, that the amendment has also been approved by a majority of the members of the Region Board of such region. Such proposed amendment(s) shall arrive at Headquarters by March 1. Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all chartered Units by April 1 (90 days prior to the Delegates Meeting to which such proposed amendment(s) are to be presented, in order to give the units ample time to vote and instruct their Delegates. (6/30/93)
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #196
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Really?!? And the unit certified amendment proposal is where??? Regional certification is where?? HQ certification is wherre?? This is bunk and not proper parlimentary procedure.
As I said, not one bit of parliamentary procedure has been used at this point to do this.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:16 PM   #197
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Statistic Retraction

I apologize if the 17% voted statistic I understood from my reading of posts was interpreted incorrectly by me. I do not know any of the statistics as fact.

But I still contend that I believe that there is a very high number of members who did not vote. I don't think I was the only one who did not know: 1. that I even get to vote; or 2. that it was called or held. I heard of surveys but I did not know the club votes on results of surveys. I thought that was a general sampling of climate. And I have not seen a survey. Now this was all prefaced initially with a solicitation for opinions and discussion. I submit my posts were presented in that manner and not as having any absolute knowlege and consisted of much conjecture and supposition.

Again, I apologize for misleading anyone due to a mistaken statistic.

The post I must have misintrepreted is this one.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...0-post130.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
That subsequently, every member in every unit in the country had the opportunity to vote. The delegates then voted for their units at the 2005 International. The delegates were given the choice to vote proportionally or vote their unit membership as a block.

I don't know how each unit gathered their vote, but obviously, the majority of active members voted for a change. In our case, we voted at our business meeting at a major rally after hearing an explanation of the proposal from the Region President (now the Internatinal 3rd VP). Approximately half of our members were at the meeting and virtually all the active members were there. There was one dissenting vote.

Far more than 17% of the membership voted and most supported the change.

photography
Old 12-22-2005, 03:22 PM   #198
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Really?!? And the unit certified amendment proposal is where??? Regional certification is where?? HQ certification is wherre?? This is bunk and not proper parlimentary procedure.
As I said, not one bit of parliamentary procedure has been used at this point to do this.
What makes you so convinced that these things don't exist and parlimentary proceedure was not followed? As a recent past unit president who was involved in this proceedure, everything I observed was followed per the constitution & bylaws as stated.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #199
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
What makes you so convinced that these things don't exist and parlimentary proceedure was not followed? As a recent past unit president who was involved in this proceedure, everything I observed was followed per the constitution & bylaws as stated.

Shari
I am really trying to understand this...

Show me where in the constitution it says that the delegates can direct the IBT to do anything, let alone change the name of the WBCCI.
Show me where an amendment was proposed to change the name and where any certification at any level was made.
Show me how a delegates meeting provides the best way of ratification of anything (those furthest away will be less likely to attend).
Show me how many actual delegates voted for or against the name change and how many abstained (because they didn't know about this issue).
Was there a quorum of delegates at the last delegates meeting?

I do stand corrected that the delegates can in fact ratify an amendment. I was looking at section 1 and not focusing on section 2. What I contest is that this does not provide a fair representation of every member as voting at the unit level does. I am going to make a bet here the method of voting will be by delegates for the ratification of this name change. The reason is that it stands a better chance of passing if not all units both don't know about and if not all units can provide a delegate or alternate (those furthest away).

One fact that does stand is that it has been expressed numerous times already that not all units reported knowing about the name change issue in the first place. I have a real problem with this and hope that the IBT will choose to allow this to be ratified as per section 1 rather than the less representative section 2.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:15 PM   #200
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Hey Fred!! Try this one on... The 1st Past President of the Metro Chapter of Unit 2 just wrote me back and said that the Metro Chapter didn't vote on anything with regard to a name change.
Hey 65GT (or whoever you are if you have a name your are not ashamed of): Then I say you are blessed that guy is no longer serving as President of your Unit! I can't explain and certainly won't apologize for his shortcomings; I never voted for him. Perhaps you should contact Elliot Spitzer, as this sounds like a major wrongdoing case right up his prosecutorial alley. My well run Denver Unit discussed then informedly voted on the name change. That must be why Patti abandoned Long Island to moved to Colorado. Sounds to me like its well past due the time for a name change on the 'Guyland, if for no other reason than to protect the innocent!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote