Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #421
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
From Don Shafer - Recommendations concerning the proposed new WBCCI Constitution

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Don was never the head of the Revision committee.

Dona is.

I believe that when reading Don's opinion, yes opinion not recommendation you must pay attention.

2. RECOMMENDATION
A. After careful consideration of the new proposed Constitution, it is the
recommendation of this committee that this new constitution NOT BE ADOPTED, certainly not at this time.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #422
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
sure based on false opinions,

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #423
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Art X, sec 4

I have my first punch list. Is it better to post each subject separately?

I like a smaller EC and less regions which will put more members together and evenly grouped into areas, with the necessary exception of having at least 5 distinct geographical areas for accessability.

I like MALs getting a vote and can hold office with the exception of area and unit positions. That would seem to be acceptable as indicated by choosing a member at large status.

Sec. 4 There shall be two (2) meetings of the IBT each year. One such meeting shall be held within the first five (5) days of July of the year in which the IBT is elected, and one during the first calendar quarter. The President may call special meetings of the IBT upon giving the members thereof ten (10) days prior written notice of the time and place of any such special meeting.

One meeting to be held in the first five days of July, but the International can go from July to the last full week in August, would that double or increase traveling expenses or decrease attendance at one or the other? Why not make the second meeting during the quarter when the International is held as the other meeting is held any time during the larger range of 1st quarter rather than a 5 day window of opportunity?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #424
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Art XIV sec 3

Sec. 3 The Nominating Committee shall interview all verified candidates and prepare a report listing the slate of candidates in alphabetical order for each position. The report will include recommendations of those candidates who have met the minimum qualifications as found in the Bylaws and are most qualified for the position they are seeking.

I see no reason pre-election to prejudice membership with a complimentary seal of approval or an unnecessary recommendation or report of the most qualified by the nominating committee. That was a practice followed but not part of any bylaws to be included if I have that correct. The alphabetical order and having been checked as to qualifying as a member should be sufficient. It then will be accompanied by the candidates own campaign statement, mission or vision statement, and any credentials they so choose to list. I see absolutely no reason to hand some candidates the vote of those that will merely follow the recommendation of another rather than investigate the options on their own volition. I see that as unfair advantage to fortunate candidates that the individual of a committee may prefer personally. I think it has no place in a proper election process.

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #425
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Is it better to post each subject separately?
Carol if I can suggest using the "Title" (above the message) for the Article number,

Art #May be easier to follow and we can then build a FAQ section on the club website.

Carol please include the Art # along with the sec.

tks

Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #426
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Art XVI sec. 1 & sec. 2

Members caucus replaces delegates. I would love to hear comments on how this is distinct and an advantage or disadvantage. The IP still presides however all members can take part rather than selected delegates, but I am not clear on what the part can or will be.

ARTICLE XVI
MEMBERS’ CAUCUS
Sec. 1
There shall be a Members’ Caucus scheduled during the summer months or at a scheduled International Rally, if needed, to address proposed amendments to the Standard of Conduct or Constitution. Discussions at the Members’ Caucus shall serve to inform members and the originators of proposed amendments about concerns, possible modifications and benefits of the proposal before a direct vote by members takes place.
Sec. 2 All WBCCI members may attend and participate in a Members’ Caucus.

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #427
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Great idea Bob! I have misplaced the doc and was going from notes. I hope my posts don't time out before I can correct them.

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #428
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
All that read this have to remember that Don Schaffer has a personnel addenda that does not always reflect the wishes of the membership and has presented this recommendation without the record of the committees vote on this. I would look upon this so called recommendation of the Constitution Committee with greater respect if it were presented over the signatures of the complete committee.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #429
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Art X, sec 5

Sec. 5 A quorum of the IBT shall consist of a majority of members.

I think this needs to be written with more clarity. I will assume this means the majority of IBT members. However it could mean the majority of total WBCCI members or the majority of members present.

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #430
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Art X, sec. 3

I like the electronic voting for the IBT and the nominating committee.

Did I miss a part about not charging MALs more as a penalty to get them to join a unit? Is that in there?

Sec. 3 The IBT shall define the Bylaws and policies of, and shall have full administrative authority in all matters pertaining to the WBCCI and shall exercise general control and supervision of all officers and committees.

Is there any part about expenses other than the IBT gets to vote on them? Are they reviewable in regard to money or any other subject short of an amendment that they will need to approve themselves, to make changes?

I will try to tackle the other two longer versions now...I leave the hard stuff to the lawyer types.

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #431
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
A quick read yields one thought:

With a minimum of 5 Areas and an Executive Committee that 6, the balance of power is shifted in the wrong direction.

I would suggest that Recording Secretary be appointed and that the Recording Secretary and Immediate Past President NOT have a vote on the IBT.

With that change, I think this a reasonable proposal.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #432
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The caucus does not replace the delegates meeting. In fact the term caucus IMO is a bad choice of words. It it a member discussion only as I read it.

With the elimination of the delegates meeting, two things are eliminated. The ability to amend a motion and the ability to have a candidate from the floor. These would be replaced by the "direct voting" provision.

Quote:
Members caucus replaces delegates. I would love to hear comments on how this is distinct and an advantage or disadvantage. The IP still presides however all members can take part rather than selected delegates, but I am not clear on what the part can or will be.

ARTICLE XVI
MEMBERS’ CAUCUS
Sec. 1 There shall be a Members’ Caucus scheduled during the summer months or at a scheduled International Rally, if needed, to address proposed amendments to the Standard of Conduct or Constitution. Discussions at the Members’ Caucus shall serve to inform members and the originators of proposed amendments about concerns, possible modifications and benefits of the proposal before a direct vote by members takes place.
Sec. 2 All WBCCI members may attend and participate in a Members’ Caucus.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #433
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
One quick question. Is it possible for the majority of delegates to accept a revised constitution and the IBT or EC or parliamentarian dismiss or delay its acceptance? I just don't want anyone to get too worked up and then be disappointed at the alter.

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #434
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
The caucus does not replace the delegates meeting. In fact the term caucus IMO is a bad choice of words. It it a member discussion only as I read it.

With the elimination of the delegates meeting, two things are eliminated. The ability to amend a motion and the ability to have a candidate from the floor. These would be replaced by the "direct voting" provision.
It also seems to take away the process by which Forrest's amendment is traveling to circumvent the IBT to pass an amendment with member support only (that is if the EC would play and be honor bound by the present books) and his particular amendment would give delegates the power to review IBT decisions, correct?

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #435
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
One quick question. Is it possible for the majority of delegates to accept a revised constitution and the IBT or EC or parliamentarian dismiss or delay its acceptance? I just don't want anyone to get too worked up and then be disappointed at the alter.
A simple majority of the delegates can "perfect" (revise) the proposed change. It requires 2/3 of the membership (voted by the delegates) to approve.

They are the final authority.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #436
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
It also seems to take away the process by which Forrest's amendment is traveling to circumvent the IBT to pass an amendment with member support only (that is if the EC would play and be honor bound by the present books) and his particular amendment would give delegates the power to review IBT decisions, correct?
That is correct.

Forrest's amendment would give the delegates the ability to nullify changes made by the IBT to the bylaws.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #437
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Don S.'s Recommendation, pg 2, 2b

Has the current International President already invalidated the results of the committee by breaching the current by-laws? Could this be used at the International and ruled to dismiss the new constitution? At any rate is anyone nearing trepidation about the business conducted by the current IP, in the past with breached agreements that were called by Don S. out of order and the IP conceded and doubledback and hereto in the present with Don S. calling the misstep will the IP not doubleback again, or perhaps in the very near future? There you go 87 MH. Your answer about opposition in the committee(s) Still reading...

B. It is to be noted that instead of a "blue ribbon" committee of knowledgeable and experienced members from a cross section of our organization to develop a new Constitution that meets the Ohio Code and the wishes and desires of our entire membership, the committee who developed this document represented primarily only a small segment of the interests of our membership. In fact, since there were no members of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee on this committee, it was in violation of Bylaws Article III, Section 8, and Robert’s Rules of Order (10th edition, page 474, lines 28 through 30) from the beginning: "A special committee may not be appointed to perform a task that falls within the assigned function of an existing standing committee". This task was not an emergency requiring minimum time and bypassing the wishes and input of the entire membership. This violation was reported at the July 5, 2010 IBT Meeting when the forming committee for this new Constitution was originated, but was not heeded.

photography
Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #438
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
It was ruled upon.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #439
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post

I think you may want to take a look at that part again please in re: the originator.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #440
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
A simple majority of the delegates can "perfect" (revise) the proposed change. It requires 2/3 of the membership (voted by the delegates) to approve.

They are the final authority.
It would take effect immediately on the spot

Tags
constitution, wbcci