Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #1121
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I trust that this request is being sent some additional way to the delegates, since very few frequent this forum.

Will the bylaws be available on the WBCCI site for review for those members who do not attend the international?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
The long awaited Bylaws in a rough draft form will be availible at the International.

We ask that all delegates bring ALL proposed Revision amendments with them for the Revision Committee to review and debate at the delegates seminar.

This will allow the members to study the entire set of Bylaws long before next years vote.

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 AM   #1122
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I am a delegate and UP. All I have received is an e-mail from Norm Beu, forwarded by my Region President. It indicates we will discuss this in the Seminar but doesn't indicate what we should do with proposed changes.

I will arrive with my changes on Monday afternoon 6/27. HQ did not want them in advance. I am open to any meetings or discussion sessions, formal or informal.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #1123
Rivet Master

"We ask that all delegates bring ALL proposed Revision amendments with them for the Revision Committee to review and debate at the delegates seminar."

"This will allow the members to study the entire set of Bylaws long before next years vote."

PLEASE, Please, please tell me we are not going to have to live through this stuff for another 13 months?

What about the Lawsuit?

I thought if Norm B. didn't make the changes the Lawsuit was back on? Is this not the case?

Norm B. folded (as many knew he would) I would think DW would be talking to the lawfirms ASAP.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #1124
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Paul how can you be talking about promoting a law suit when you declined to support with your pledge on the first go around as did Leo.

Ok, Paul tell us what you're going to sue them for?

Judge, the IP tabled the motion because too many units wanted more time.

That will get thrown out in 2 minutes.

How are you going to raise the money, yes you.

I don't believe you'll get support from any of the original DW group.

Which unit will be the Plaintiff? WDCU?

Keep talking the talk.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #1125
Rivet Master

Bob,

I'm sorry, I think you miss understood what I was trying to say.

Based on the "DW Lawsuit" thread from last year, "you said" that if the changes did not happen, etc... the lawsuit would be brought back for discussion and was one of the reason why money was held back. Now what you're sasying is 180% out.

And when you state,

How are you going to raise the money, yes you.

I don't believe you'll get support from any of the original DW group.

That's exactly what I said early this year and last and was told "Oh no, we will get support"

I didn't think it would happen then, now or ever.

I really don't care about the lawsuit, I just don't want to see another year of this to continue and drag the club down even more.

Please just leave this thing alone, let it die on the vine and be done with it. All these Special Committee's projects do is bring the club down, cause us to loose membership, make it to where Airstream owners don't want to join and create hard feelings between those that are left in the club.

Let it die.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #1126
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Paul, a lot of water passed under the bridge since then, things have changed.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #1127
Rivet Master

I make a Motion for a "5 year moritorium" on the creation ANY or ALL special committees, and ALL constitutional decisions and discussions, so we can get back to camping, having fun in our Airstreams and cool off.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #1128
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Hear, hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
I make a Motion for a "5 year moritorium" on the creation ANY or ALL special committees, and ALL constitutional decisions and discussions, so we can get back to camping, having fun in our Airstreams and cool off.
I second the motion.

In the last few years we have gone through,

the name change
the motor home amendment
the Thompson suspension
100K loss on the Madison International
the Garvey expulsion
the WBCCI forum fiasco
The Defend Wally fiasco
the constitutional revision fiasco

and next year, we are going to face

part II of the constitutional revision fiasco
and the motor home amendment again???

I hope not.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #1129
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
And while maybe not an official fiasco, lets not forget the ELIMINATION OF 3 AMP at the International.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #1130
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
I second the motion.

In the last few years we have gone through,

the name change
the motor home amendment
the Thompson suspension
the Garvey expulsion
the WBCCI forum fiasco
The Defend Wally fiasco
the constitutional revision fiasco

and next year, we are going to face

part II of the constitutional revision fiasco
and the motor home amendment again???

I hope not.
I have to ask just one question. Have you read the Revised Constitution? If so please be a bit more on point as to your problems with it. As I read it, it has addressed several of your points, grievances, the motor home issue, codified the name with respect to Ohio law, and advanced the operations of the Club into the 21st century. Since they have been addressed why continue to beat that drum.

I completely understand the comments coming from several of those against this Revision as they have, almost to a man, attempted to accomplish much of the same in the past and now are facing the possible completion of change at the hands of others.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #1131
2 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Dallas , Tech-Sus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post

the Thompson suspension

the Garvey expulsion
I would love to know about those three. But since I was not there, it would probably be gossip.

Gentlemen and Ladies, please allow me to recommend something to you. In the mid-1990s before I purchased my lovely 1986 Argosy, one of the exciting things for me was discovering a video entitled SILVER PALACE: An American Travel Adventure.

I was so hungry to travel and so hungry to learn more about Airstreams, about the history of the company and about Airstreamers. I used to play this short documentary for anyone who could sit still for 30 minutes.

I have several unopened VHS tapes of the program. But a few days ago, I bought the DVD version on Amazon which came with an additional feature, a Wally Byam film featuring several rallies from the 1963-64 era. What a treasure and surprise that was. I would love to suggest that you each click on the following link and get a copy of Silver Palace: An American Travel Adventure.

Sit down with your spouse and your kids or neighbours. Then turn down the lights and watch both features. The vintage footage and 1960s Airstreams have to be seen to be believed, especially since all the tow vehicles are all Buicks and Oldsmobiles. Total time for both shows is around one hour. Viewing the happy people enjoying the companionship and fellowship of the club and traveling together. Seeing them will let you know how petty this bickering and political ranting really is in the long run.

Every Airstreamer should enjoy these two short documentaries.

After watching these documentaries again tonight with a friend, it makes me hope the WBCCI is able to re-focus and find its "center" again so than new folks will look forward to joining rather than avoiding the club.

Don

Airstream FM

Easy Listening For the Internet Generation
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #1132
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Paul, a lot of water passed under the bridge since then, things have changed.

The only thing that has changed as I see it, is that you have lost your 18 month soap box. You have been marginalized by the Great and Powerful OZ, and you took a lot of good folks with you!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #1133
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
The only thing that has changed as I see it, is that you have lost your 18 month soap box. You have been marginalized by the Great and Powerful OZ, and you took a lot of good folks with you!
First I'll apologize to Dave for using him as an example...

This is one type of post that needs to be avoided. This post has a strong potential of a retaliatory post and will take the thread off topic.

Please try to stick to the facts and away from a post that can be taken or is directly personal.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:57 AM   #1134
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Lee, Unfortunately Dave is 100% correct in what has occurred here. A very divided membership was divided further by the expulsion of Mr. Garvey. Then divided further by two of the posters here with a law suit that was dropped in exchange of a constitutional rewrite which like every positive change, never happened also. What Dave has said is very relevant to this topic.
History, everything is built on it.

If people were not so upset, there would be very little reason for you to worry about this going off topic. Unfortunately, this issue and many more will never go away. Hopefully instead of a new lawsuit, fund would be solicited for a WB forum. Then there will not need to be any of this heated discussion here.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #1135
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Hopefully instead of a new lawsuit, fund would be solicited for a WB forum. Then there will not need to be any of this heated discussion here.
Those that have followed the thrust of the Revision might realize that more modern communication within the Club is a must. Along those lines the Revision Committee and others have suggested an Airstream Members Only Forum would be a leap forward.

The open access format of Airfourms was not originally directed at intra Club discussions, but rather open discussion of Airstream ownership. While Airfourms has been quite tolerant in allowing a wide variety of discussion directed towards the Club it can not and should not police or manage the access to those threads that clearly pertain only to Members issues.

I have no problem with continued open discussions here but believe the Membership should have a private area for debate, just as a unit meeting is private, and manage the direction of the Club.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #1136
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Unfortunately, the club leadership does not appear to have interest in open communication of this type. Critical review and discussion forms the best understanding and ensures the best ideas and proposals are developed. This "critical review" often looks like criticism. It can be difficult to stay on the polite and proper side of the line.

Thoughtful and timely responses from club leaders would help keep the tone civil. The previous attempt on the club website lacked the former and sometimes the latter.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #1137
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Lee, Unfortunately Dave is 100% correct in what has occurred here. A very divided membership was divided further by the expulsion of Mr. Garvey. Then divided further by two of the posters here with a law suit that was dropped in exchange of a constitutional rewrite which like every positive change, never happened also. What Dave has said is very relevant to this topic.
History, everything is built on it.

If people were not so upset, there would be very little reason for you to worry about this going off topic. Unfortunately, this issue and many more will never go away. Hopefully instead of a new lawsuit, fund would be solicited for a WB forum. Then there will not need to be any of this heated discussion here.
Nowhere did I state that Dave was incorrect...

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #1138
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I stand corrected then....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #1139
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Even though it would be unimportant now but I wonder what the vote totals were from those units that did vote. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #1140
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Even though it would be unimportant now but I wonder what the vote totals were from those units that did vote.
It might be possible to take an informal poll at the delegates seminar. I am aware of several units that voted strongly against it and one that voted for it, but by less than a 2/3 majority.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci