Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #121
Silver Mist
 
LI Pets's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,008
Images: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Bob,

What is the current schedule for the release of the revised constitution?

Bill
We are waiting on Don Shaffer and the clubs law firm to verify a few points on Ohio law as it pertains to the new Constitution.

We know it has to be before March first!



.
__________________

__________________
Bob
'77 Sovereign Intl 31' CB
WBCCI R2 Rep VAC 11411 Metro NY VP

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #122
Moderator
 
Kevin245's Avatar

 
Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,231
Images: 9
<<Mod Mode>>

We recognize the desire to discuss WBCCI topics here and encourage your dialog. This topic elicits strong opinion and emotion, and today we removed numerous posts that did not comply with the community policies.

The staff will continue monitoring these threads and will remove material as necessary to keep things on topic and civil. We strongly encourage everyone to be respectful of one another and keep posts in line with the thread title.

Thanks,

The Site Staff
__________________

__________________

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #123
Rivet Master
 
wkerfoot's Avatar
 
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,740
Remind me again, what is magic about March 1?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
We are waiting on Don Shaffer and the clubs law firm to verify a few points on Ohio law as it pertains to the new Constitution.

We know it has to be before March first!



.
__________________
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #124
Rivet Master
 
rideair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,307
Bill,

The word on the street is, it can still make it into the Blue Beret either as an "insert" or by removing some content to put in the wording of the New Constitution if it gets to HQ by the 1st, but the main reason is below.. It states in the WBCCI Constitution

Art XVI, Sec 2

"Such proposed amendment(s) shall arrive at Headquarters by March 1. Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all chartered Units by April 1 (90 days prior to the Delegates Meeting to which such proposed amendment(s) are to be presented, in order to give the units ample time to vote and instruct their Delegates. (6/30/93)"

Sec 3

"The Constitution and Bylaws Committee shall provide Headquarters with a written report containing its recommendations(s) regarding the proposed amendment(s) by March 20"
__________________
Paul Waddell
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #125
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
 
Frank's Trailer Works's Avatar
 
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,545
Images: 2
WHOA!!! It is like Paul actually knows the rule book. And to think some said you had no idea....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #126
Rivet Master
 
Over59's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,064
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Carol be nice, civility aside on your part it would be better to wait than make non productive statements.

SOS
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #127
Rivet Master
 
Over59's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,064
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Wow Mistral Blue,


I see how things are, they are allowed to take the better part of 6-7 months to write the thing and you're allow less than 2-3 months to fully understand the changes, educate your unit on the changes (good/bad/fair) get a vote from your unit membership (which the WDCU allowed up to June 1st), instruct your delegate(first find one willing to do the job) on what they can/cannot do in the voting.

Ya, seems fair to me!
SOS
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #128
Rivet Master
 
Over59's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,064
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
If you vote yes the members will be in power!

I wonder where they'll hide the MOHO exception in those 45 pages. You'll need a lawyer to find it.... Just vote yes. No need to think for yourselves SOS
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #129
Rivet Master
 
drag'nwagon's Avatar
 
1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,174
I am so bummed! It seems like I have been reading this for weeks and still no constitutional documents.

When are we going to be allowed to review said document? Is there a publish/release date/deadline? Is there any real process or plan to get this into the hands of the membership, so that we (the paying people) can perform our diligence and research without time constraint/duress?

I hope to see this soon so that it does not look like a planned last minute ram it through before anyone can read it process.
__________________
Dave
TAC# MI-1
Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (charter member)

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #130
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
I am so bummed! It seems like I have been reading this for weeks and still no constitutional documents.

When are we going to be allowed to review said document?
Hear, Hear! Even if one accepts at face value the assertion that the document requires final review and vetting, three very large questions remain that could and should be clearly answered immediately.

First: What is the fatal flaw in the current document?
Two: Does this flaw require redress by July, and what would happen if it is not?
Third: In broad terms, what are the goals of the new document?

If one assumes good faith on the part of the actors, there is no reason that these three questions cannot not addressed today with fully articulated explanations. The longer that these are not discussed the less tenable the assumption of good faith becomes.
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #131
Rivet Master
 
HowieE's Avatar
 
1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,023
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
First: What is the fatal flaw in the current document?
Two: Does this flaw require redress by July, and what would happen if it is not?
Third: In broad terms, what are the goals of the new document?
.
I can imagine someone with over 4,000 post has not read lengthily discussions of the Fatal Flaws of the current Constitution. Fiscal responsibility and abuse of power leap to mind.

You may be right that the timing tends to give the appearance of Short Notice. However those interested in change already know from passed discussions here on the Forum and over time at local unit meetings what needs to be changed. It will not take those that are interested to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

The goals are to correct the topics of the above mentioned historical discussions.
__________________
WBCCI 12156 AIR 3144 WACHUNG TAC NJ6
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #132
Rivet Master
 
Southwestern , Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,669
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
However those interested in change already know from passed discussions here on the Forum and over time at local unit meetings what needs to be changed. It will not take those that are interested to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.
HowieE,

Could you please read this paragraph over and edit if necessary?

Are you saying that those who are not interested should decide whether the new constitution meets the club's needs?
.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #133
Rivet Master
 
HowieE's Avatar
 
1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,023
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
HowieE,

Could you please read this paragraph over and edit if necessary?

Are you saying that those who are not interested should decide whether the new constitution meets the club's needs?
.
You are correct. That sentence should read. It will not take those that are interested IN Change LONG to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

Unfortunately as with any election those who are not interested most likely will not discuss or vote. I trust it will be a heated discussion among those that have posted hear.
__________________
WBCCI 12156 AIR 3144 WACHUNG TAC NJ6
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #134
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
I can imagine someone with over 4,000 post has not read lengthily discussions of the Fatal Flaws of the current Constitution. Fiscal responsibility and abuse of power leap to mind.

You may be right that the timing tends to give the appearance of Short Notice. However those interested in change already know from passed discussions here on the Forum and over time at local unit meetings what needs to be changed. It will not take those that are interested to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

The goals are to correct the topics of the above mentioned historical discussions.
My point is that the Leadership needs to speak to these issues, as opposed to mere members.
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #135
Rivet Master
 
Southwestern , Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
You are correct. That sentence should read. It will not take those that are interested IN Change LONG to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

Unfortunately as with any election those who are not interested most likely will not discuss or vote. I trust it will be a heated discussion among those that have posted hear.
OK--that makes more sense.

A couple of observations, though,

1. The devil is always in the details, and it doesn't sound like we are going to get all the details, because we are being told the new, improved bylaws will not be published (or, according to the I3VP, even written) until after the new, improved constitution is approved.

2. My own experience of several years at unit business meetings (two different units) is that there is an amazing lack of unanimity even within units. So I wouldn't bet that the new, improved constitution is going to have easy sledding at the unit level.
.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #136
Rivet Master
 
HowieE's Avatar
 
1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,023
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
My point is that the Leadership needs to speak to these issues, as opposed to mere members.
At the moment they are in no better position to speak intelligently on it because they have not yet see it in a finished form. I trust there will be extensive comments but most of those comments will not be presented here since the majority of the Leadership does not post to this Forum.

The comments will most likely flow down through to the units via Regional officers.

Those of us reading here have the advantage of early misinformation from a few with an agenda. Their hope is to convince as many members as possible, before the fact, and hope that those members will remain loyal to a negative position without doing proper investigation once the New Constitution is available.
__________________
WBCCI 12156 AIR 3144 WACHUNG TAC NJ6
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #137
Silver Mist
 
LI Pets's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,008
Images: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
because we are being told the new, improved bylaws will not be published (or, according to the I3VP, even written) until after the new, improved constitution is approved.


.
John, you love to take out of context your statements.

I already told you the new Bylaws were written, I have first hand knowledge of that, the the I3VP may not, the fact is they were!
__________________
Bob
'77 Sovereign Intl 31' CB
WBCCI R2 Rep VAC 11411 Metro NY VP

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #138
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
At the moment they are in no better position to speak intelligently on it because they have not yet see it in a finished form.
Are we to believe this committee spontaneously formed and had no direction from the leadership? Really?
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #139
Silver Mist
 
LI Pets's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,008
Images: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
Are we to believe this committee spontaneously formed and had no direction from the leadership? Really?
Yes you are, really.

Yes, there was no direction from anyone, we were on our own.
__________________
Bob
'77 Sovereign Intl 31' CB
WBCCI R2 Rep VAC 11411 Metro NY VP

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #140
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Yes you are, really.

Yes, there was no direction from anyone, we were on our own.
Holly bat****! If correct, that is about the most bizarre thing about the club I have heard in my life.
__________________

__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
constitution, wbcci


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×