Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #121
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Bob,

What is the current schedule for the release of the revised constitution?

Bill
We are waiting on Don Shaffer and the clubs law firm to verify a few points on Ohio law as it pertains to the new Constitution.

We know it has to be before March first!

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #122

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
<<Mod Mode>>

We recognize the desire to discuss WBCCI topics here and encourage your dialog. This topic elicits strong opinion and emotion, and today we removed numerous posts that did not comply with the community policies.

The staff will continue monitoring these threads and will remove material as necessary to keep things on topic and civil. We strongly encourage everyone to be respectful of one another and keep posts in line with the thread title.

Thanks,

The Site Staff

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Remind me again, what is magic about March 1?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
We are waiting on Don Shaffer and the clubs law firm to verify a few points on Ohio law as it pertains to the new Constitution.

We know it has to be before March first!

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #124
Rivet Master

Bill,

The word on the street is, it can still make it into the Blue Beret either as an "insert" or by removing some content to put in the wording of the New Constitution if it gets to HQ by the 1st, but the main reason is below.. It states in the WBCCI Constitution

Art XVI, Sec 2

"Such proposed amendment(s) shall arrive at Headquarters by March 1. Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all chartered Units by April 1 (90 days prior to the Delegates Meeting to which such proposed amendment(s) are to be presented, in order to give the units ample time to vote and instruct their Delegates. (6/30/93)"

Sec 3

"The Constitution and Bylaws Committee shall provide Headquarters with a written report containing its recommendations(s) regarding the proposed amendment(s) by March 20"
Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #125
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
WHOA!!! It is like Paul actually knows the rule book. And to think some said you had no idea....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Carol be nice, civility aside on your part it would be better to wait than make non productive statements.

SOS
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Wow Mistral Blue,

I see how things are, they are allowed to take the better part of 6-7 months to write the thing and you're allow less than 2-3 months to fully understand the changes, educate your unit on the changes (good/bad/fair) get a vote from your unit membership (which the WDCU allowed up to June 1st), instruct your delegate(first find one willing to do the job) on what they can/cannot do in the voting.

Ya, seems fair to me!
SOS
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
If you vote yes the members will be in power!

I wonder where they'll hide the MOHO exception in those 45 pages. You'll need a lawyer to find it.... Just vote yes. No need to think for yourselves SOS
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
I am so bummed! It seems like I have been reading this for weeks and still no constitutional documents.

When are we going to be allowed to review said document? Is there a publish/release date/deadline? Is there any real process or plan to get this into the hands of the membership, so that we (the paying people) can perform our diligence and research without time constraint/duress?

I hope to see this soon so that it does not look like a planned last minute ram it through before anyone can read it process.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #130
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
I am so bummed! It seems like I have been reading this for weeks and still no constitutional documents.

When are we going to be allowed to review said document?
Hear, Hear! Even if one accepts at face value the assertion that the document requires final review and vetting, three very large questions remain that could and should be clearly answered immediately.

First: What is the fatal flaw in the current document?
Two: Does this flaw require redress by July, and what would happen if it is not?
Third: In broad terms, what are the goals of the new document?

If one assumes good faith on the part of the actors, there is no reason that these three questions cannot not addressed today with fully articulated explanations. The longer that these are not discussed the less tenable the assumption of good faith becomes.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #131
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
First: What is the fatal flaw in the current document?
Two: Does this flaw require redress by July, and what would happen if it is not?
Third: In broad terms, what are the goals of the new document?
I can imagine someone with over 4,000 post has not read lengthily discussions of the Fatal Flaws of the current Constitution. Fiscal responsibility and abuse of power leap to mind.

You may be right that the timing tends to give the appearance of Short Notice. However those interested in change already know from passed discussions here on the Forum and over time at local unit meetings what needs to be changed. It will not take those that are interested to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

The goals are to correct the topics of the above mentioned historical discussions.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #132
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
However those interested in change already know from passed discussions here on the Forum and over time at local unit meetings what needs to be changed. It will not take those that are interested to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.
HowieE,

Could you please read this paragraph over and edit if necessary?

Are you saying that those who are not interested should decide whether the new constitution meets the club's needs?
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #133
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
HowieE,

Could you please read this paragraph over and edit if necessary?

Are you saying that those who are not interested should decide whether the new constitution meets the club's needs?
You are correct. That sentence should read. It will not take those that are interested IN Change LONG to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

Unfortunately as with any election those who are not interested most likely will not discuss or vote. I trust it will be a heated discussion among those that have posted hear.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #134
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
I can imagine someone with over 4,000 post has not read lengthily discussions of the Fatal Flaws of the current Constitution. Fiscal responsibility and abuse of power leap to mind.

You may be right that the timing tends to give the appearance of Short Notice. However those interested in change already know from passed discussions here on the Forum and over time at local unit meetings what needs to be changed. It will not take those that are interested to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

The goals are to correct the topics of the above mentioned historical discussions.
My point is that the Leadership needs to speak to these issues, as opposed to mere members.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #135
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
You are correct. That sentence should read. It will not take those that are interested IN Change LONG to determine if the New Constitution meets those needs.

Unfortunately as with any election those who are not interested most likely will not discuss or vote. I trust it will be a heated discussion among those that have posted hear.
OK--that makes more sense.

A couple of observations, though,

1. The devil is always in the details, and it doesn't sound like we are going to get all the details, because we are being told the new, improved bylaws will not be published (or, according to the I3VP, even written) until after the new, improved constitution is approved.

2. My own experience of several years at unit business meetings (two different units) is that there is an amazing lack of unanimity even within units. So I wouldn't bet that the new, improved constitution is going to have easy sledding at the unit level.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #136
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
My point is that the Leadership needs to speak to these issues, as opposed to mere members.
At the moment they are in no better position to speak intelligently on it because they have not yet see it in a finished form. I trust there will be extensive comments but most of those comments will not be presented here since the majority of the Leadership does not post to this Forum.

The comments will most likely flow down through to the units via Regional officers.

Those of us reading here have the advantage of early misinformation from a few with an agenda. Their hope is to convince as many members as possible, before the fact, and hope that those members will remain loyal to a negative position without doing proper investigation once the New Constitution is available.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #137
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
because we are being told the new, improved bylaws will not be published (or, according to the I3VP, even written) until after the new, improved constitution is approved.

John, you love to take out of context your statements.

I already told you the new Bylaws were written, I have first hand knowledge of that, the the I3VP may not, the fact is they were!

Old 02-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #138
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
At the moment they are in no better position to speak intelligently on it because they have not yet see it in a finished form.
Are we to believe this committee spontaneously formed and had no direction from the leadership? Really?

Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #139
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Are we to believe this committee spontaneously formed and had no direction from the leadership? Really?
Yes you are, really.

Yes, there was no direction from anyone, we were on our own.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #140
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Yes you are, really.

Yes, there was no direction from anyone, we were on our own.
Holly bat****! If correct, that is about the most bizarre thing about the club I have heard in my life.

Tags
constitution, wbcci