Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #1161
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Hopefully all the work of the committee is not down the drain.
I would hate to think this whole thing was a well thought out move by "management" to derail the pending lawsuit.
Surely you jest. They wouldn't do nothing like that...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #1162
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Whether consciously or unconsciously done, the result is the same—everything seems to have been shelved and could be completely derailed next winter. These guys could give some lessons to Congress on stonewalling.

Certainly this is fertile for black humor, bit if you are dedicated to a better WBCCI, it isn't funny at all.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #1163
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I am posting here to reach all that have taken an interest, whether pro or con, in the Constitution Revision. The International President has finally come out with a statement that would give you an understanding of his position. This is a copy of an e mail he had sent to unit Presidents.

Please read the following communication from WBCCI International President:

Recently, unauthorized communications, titled “WBCCI Revision Newsletter”, was sent to all WBCCI Units regarding the 2012 Revision to the Constitution. This issue will be brought before the delegates in June. The group, who distributed the emails, were not authorized to act on WBCCI’s behalf. Unfortunately, these communications could be misconstrued as emails from the Headquarters office and from the club’s governing body. The information provided must not be considered the official response of WBCCI. A Unit or member with questions related to any portion of the proposed constitutional revision should contact the WBCCI Constitution and Bylaws Committee – Chairman, Don Shafer.

Barry Heckenswiler
International President

It would appears the membership is now forbidden from communicating within the Club by e mail on subject that are not directly condoned by the Leadership. It would further appear that an question on this particular subject be directed to Don S, an individual that has from day one attempted to stop any effort towards change within the governance of the Club, thus stonewalling the issue.

This topic is currently being discussed on this thread.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ml#post1126148

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #1164
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
A question for the “Special Revision Committee” about the New Constitution and what has happened over the past 8-10 months and the back and forth questions, comments, answers from people that questioned how and why, who and what, etc…. many were called, Naysayers, Trouble Makers, Not having the best interest of the club in hand, etc…

For those on the Special Committee, many WBCCI members are not going to say “I Told You So” though they may like too. But some do think these members of the WBCCI that tried to give the Committee Members insight based on past experience in dealing with the IBT/EC7 and how things are done by them to be called, Naysayers, Trouble Makers, Not having the best interest of the club in hand, etc… by some Committee members. These WBCCI members are due an “apology”.

One can only hope this “apology” will happen in light of how the recent events have played out almost exactly like many of the so called “Naysayers” said it would.
Who would say I told you so? Would that be the former naysayers to the latter naysayers?? And the beat goes on...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #1165
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Please read the following communication from WBCCI International President:

Recently, unauthorized communications, titled “WBCCI Revision Newsletter”, was sent to all WBCCI Units regarding the 2012 Revision to the Constitution. This issue will be brought before the delegates in June. The group, who distributed the emails, were not authorized to act on WBCCI’s behalf. Unfortunately, these communications could be misconstrued as emails from the Headquarters office and from the club’s governing body. The information provided must not be considered the official response of WBCCI. A Unit or member with questions related to any portion of the proposed constitutional revision should contact the WBCCI Constitution and Bylaws Committee – Chairman, Don Shafer.

Barry Heckenswiler
International President

Correct me if I am mistaken but isn't this the second consecutive WBCCI International President that basically stated, "I never knew you?" There was no exchange for a seat and now this special committee has no authority to make claims once again? Twice shunned.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #1166
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Correct me if I am mistaken but isn't this the second consecutive WBCCI International President that basically stated, "I never knew you?" There was no exchange for a seat and now this special committee has no authority to make claims once again? Twice shunned.
Very perceptive.

There seems to be a "one-two punch" effect here. The previous IP established Das Kommittee, but then withdrew his motion to present the results to the 2011 Delegate's Meeting, saying that the incoming IP had agreed to re-introduce it at the 2012 Delegate's Meeting.

Now for a year the current IP has had nothing to say about it. And although he is apparently going to re-introduce the motion at the 2012 Delegate's Meeting, it sounds like it will be with an implicit, if not explicit, recommendation that it be rejected. Thereby putting an end to the whole sorry mess.

Bringing to mind the old adage,

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!"
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci