Old 02-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Following up on Mistral's comment, perhaps this is an opportune time to ask, especially since we are considering incorporating a brand new constitution, (not that the IP will approve a reduction of the Executive Committee so that might require action using the 2nd method of amendments in the WBCCI---RETAIN YOUR DELEGATE STATUS!!) but what do we need the Executive Committee for? I am serious in wanting to be educated upon their roles and pertinence to the club. Are they dispensable, because they certainly come at a dear cost to the club both in money and in power? Or am I incorrect? Instead of eliminating delegates perhaps we should be considering eliminating the top level that bottlenecks the club and chokes it for monies and direction. I realize these people have "earned" their time at bat but is this system antiquated and inefficient and too much a luxury for today's smaller and overburdened membership?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #72
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
You mean the RP's 12 v 7
I mean that the balance of power is skewed too much in favor of the Executive Committee.

The IBT has 12 Region Presidents vs. the 7 members of the Executive Committee.
Region Presidents represent the members in their Regions.
Eliminating Region Presidents will give members even LESS of a voice on the IBT.

Eliminate the Executive Committee!

That's what I mean.

How are YOU shrinking the IBT?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #73
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
not that the IP will approve a reduction of the Executive Committee
Care to bet your Airstream?

Quote:
I am serious in wanting to be educated upon their roles and pertinence to the club.
Have you read the Constitution?, perhaps you should start your education with Art 8.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #74
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
How are YOU shrinking the IBT?
What do you mean "YOU"?

Don't YOU mean Revision Committee (5 members)

There will be less regions, perhaps half, they will be called Areas.

Smaller Exec, less regions = shrinking the size of the IBT

Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #75
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Care to bet your Airstream?

Have you read the Constitution?, perhaps you should start your education with Art 8.
How about just posting the relevant information Bob? I fear if we begin to exchange ideas for education for each other to explore there may never be an end to it!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #76
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Art VIII

Sec. 1 The President shall preside at all meetings of the Delegates, the Board of Trustees, and the Executive Committee; shall enforce the Charter, Constitution, Bylaws and Policy; shall apportion Headquarters office time and services to the various committees, rallies, and other club business; and shall have such other powers and duties as normally pertain to the principle office holder, as prescribed in the parliamentary authority adopted by the International Club. The President shall not be entitled to vote except when members are equally divided on any question. (6/30/93)

Sec. 2 The Vice Presidents shall attend all meetings of the International Club, the Board of Trustees and of the Executive Committee and they shall assist the President in the conduct of the Club's business.

Sec. 3 The Recording Secretary shall attend and record the minutes of all meetings of the Delegates, Board of Trustees, and the Executive Committee; shall advise the President as to whether or not a quorum is present; and shall deliver the minutes to Headquarters within fifteen days after each meeting.

Sec. 4 The Treasurer shall be responsible for the receipt, disbursement, investment, accounting, and reporting of all funds of the International Club, within the budget approved by the Board of Trustees, and as prescribed in the International Bylaws and Policy. This responsibility includes financial statements and reports as prescribed in the International Bylaws and Policy, and interim reports as may be further directed by the Executive Board and the Board of Trustees. The Treasurer, or a deputy appointed by the Treasurer, shall sign all checks. The Treasurer shall attend all meetings of the Delegates, the Board of Trustees, and the Executive Committee. At the end of the Treasurer's term of office, the incoming President will arrange to have the financial books audited.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Sec. 1 The President shall preside at all meetings of the Delegates, the Board of Trustees, and the Executive Committee; shall enforce the Charter, Constitution, Bylaws and Policy; shall apportion Headquarters office time and services to the various committees, rallies, and other club business; and shall have such other powers and duties as normally pertain to the principle office holder, as prescribed in the parliamentary authority adopted by the International Club. The President shall not be entitled to vote except when members are equally divided on any question. (6/30/93)

Sec. 2 The Vice Presidents shall attend all meetings of the International Club, the Board of Trustees and of the Executive Committee and they shall assist the President in the conduct of the Club's business.

Sec. 3 The Recording Secretary shall attend and record the minutes of all meetings of the Delegates, Board of Trustees, and the Executive Committee; shall advise the President as to whether or not a quorum is present; and shall deliver the minutes to Headquarters within fifteen days after each meeting.

Sec. 4 The Treasurer shall be responsible for the receipt, disbursement, investment, accounting, and reporting of all funds of the International Club, within the budget approved by the Board of Trustees, and as prescribed in the International Bylaws and Policy. This responsibility includes financial statements and reports as prescribed in the International Bylaws and Policy, and interim reports as may be further directed by the Executive Board and the Board of Trustees. The Treasurer, or a deputy appointed by the Treasurer, shall sign all checks. The Treasurer shall attend all meetings of the Delegates, the Board of Trustees, and the Executive Committee. At the end of the Treasurer's term of office, the incoming President will arrange to have the financial books audited.
Is that the old constitution? If we make a new one why do we need these offices...in your own words, perhaps. I am not a fan of legalize. I do understand English however. It is my main language. So that is a count of 4 and how they are selected could be modified as well.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #78
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
How do you count 4?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #79
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
President, VP, recording secretatry and treasurer. That's all you told me so far...
Old 02-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #80
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
See Sec 2, how many?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #81
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Constitution versus Bylaws?

The WBCCI Constitution is a fairly brief document. Nine pages, including a lot of white space. It establishes the framework of the club organization, leaving many details up to the Bylaws. To name just one example, it describes a region structure without specifying the number or extent of regions.

Keeping this in mind, and bearing in mind that we have been told that the new Bylaws haven’t been written yet, let’s consider the specific changes to the club organization that were described at the Mid Winter IBT. I am relying here on two Airforums posts on the subject, which I have annotated with my own comments in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Synopsis:

- Enabled electronic means of operation Constitution doesn’t specify method of voting.

- Individual voting Constitution does say MALs don’t have a vote. (I believe this is incidental to the Delegate system—MALs don’t have a unit, hence no delegate.)

- MAL empowerment Constitution

- Reduced IBT terms for most Bylaws. Region/IBT office terms not specified in Constitution.

- Smaller IBT & region structure Bylaws – Region structure not specified in Constitution

- New "Standard of Conduct" Bylaws – not specified on Constitution.

- Ethics & grievance is eliminated. Bylaws – standing committees not specified in Constitution.

- International will have less meetings. Constitution
Quote:

· We have gone back to our club roots and replaced the Code of Ethics with a Standard of Conduct that is positive, that further enshrines the Fun, Fellowship and Adventure of WBCCI.
Code of Ethics not in Constitution

· The proposal is based on a leaner WBCCI structure, with a smaller Executive Committee and a smaller regional structure resulting in a smaller IBT.
Executive Committee is enumerated in Constitution—region structure is not.

· We are shortening the term of office for region officers and lengthening the term for the International Treasurer and Recording Secretary, for purposes of continuity. Terms of region officers not specified in Constitution.

· We are proposing to use direct member voting for election of officers and for future amendments to our Constitution while retaining a deliberative forum for discussing key issues. Constitution, to the extent elimination of the Delegate system is involved. Method of voting not specified in Constitution.

· We are giving greater flexibility in setting dates for the International Rally and, since with direct member voting there will be no Delegates, we will have fewer meetings at the rally, allowing more opportunity for Fun, Fellowship and Adventure. Constitution

· We are proposing that MALs be given more rights within the Club, such as the right to vote and hold office in Intra-Clubs and at the International level. Constitution

· There is a simplified and streamlined process for any future amendments to the Constitution and Standard of Conduct that will be the same for all, no matter where the proposed amendment originates.
Constitution presently specifies procedures for amendments. What do you want to bet the “streamlined” process for future amendments eliminates the requirement for a 2/3 majority to make it easier for the Executive Committee to get what they want? Present Constitution does not include any Standard of Conduct.

· One thing that is new is that WBCCI will be able to use electronic means to do any and all of its business, as may be appropriate. Present Constitution does not specify methods of voting, so does not preclude electronic means.
My point here is that many of the changes described at the Mid Winter IBT meeting are presently under the purview of the Bylaws, which, we are told, won’t be revised until the new Constitution is adopted.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #82
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
See Sec 2, how many?
No I don't see it nor am I about to look it up. GUARANTEED! Post it if it's relevant. Forget it if it's too much trouble. As far as my questions to you they seem to have gone unaswered as the others have afore them. If I wanted googly goo answers I could write the officers direct. Somehow the solution to meetings running over too many days and the leadership being too large doesn't seem to be satisfied with simple elimination of direct member representation by cutting out delegates from the system. BEWARE! Being reminded that we want change and here it is and accept it now or choke on it isn't exactly what the members had in mind. We want to be discriminating in our decisions. I dare say we have ample reason to be skeptical of being gifted.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #83
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
I try to stay out of these dark threads but I just wanted to interrupt y'all's perpetual argument to say Happy Valentines!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AIR Forums
Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #84
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
and bearing in mind that we have been told that the new Bylaws haven’t been written yet......won’t be revised until the new Constitution is adopted.
Not sure where you where told that, it is not correct, they have been Revised, they can not be finalized pending amendments at the delegates meeting on the New Constitution.

Tags
constitution, wbcci