Old 03-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #519
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
DanB

2/3 of the membership has e mail. Those address are available and can be sorted by unit. If any unit President want to use them as a means of accelerating the dissemination information let me know via a PM.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #520
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
I may have missed it when I was traveling without WiFi access, but is there a link up yet to the proposed documents? I just looked on the WBCCI website and couldn't fint it as yet.

Thanks.

2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #521
Rivet Master

1M1V fixes the problems?

Howie,

You are correct in the first line of your response when you said “current Constitution”. I know the “current Constitution” cannot address the problems/concerns of which I pointed out.

That’s why I asked “How does the New Constitution” resolve these issues?

I hope one of the “new voices” of the Revision Committee can answer my questions.

You bring up “1M1V”. How does “1M1V” resolve those issues/concerns in the “New Constitution”?

The way I read it, that power is still controlled by the IBT even with 1M1V implemented?

Thus the reason for my questions.

Again, I hope one of the “new voices” from the Revision Committee can answer these all so important concerns many members and the 2020 Committee point out in their reports over the years.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #522
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Kemptville , Ontario
Paul: The proposed revised constitution does not and cannot solve every issue in the Club. The items that you raise are bylaw issues and will be addressed when the bylaws are revised. The proposed revision to the constitution gives us a better framework on which to build those revised bylaws. Your concerns are legitimate and shared by many, but we can't do everything in one document. We started with what we believe is the best beginning - the constitution. Lets get that right and then move on to the bylaws.

Kerry
Old 03-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #523
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Is there to be provision for online discussion aside from Air Forums? Putting all our eggs in one basket is not fail safe. Case in point, depending upon the responses, especially of the individuals that post inappropriately violating forum ethics, this and all the other threads can easily and often are rendered inaccessable. This is not the venue but the last remaining bastion for WBCCI members to gather online. We need to have a dedicated place for WBCCI members to exchange information. To be fair to AIR moderators this IS neither the time nor place to handle the politics of our club.

So my concern in this regard is two fold. One is for the immediate project of revision discussion and the second is, when will WBCCI provide a forum for its members, and should that be included in the revision document?

Also if any revision committee member would address my earlier posts titled by article on the revision, I would appreciate it.
Good point, perhaps we need to hear a reply from the mods on that issue.

The revision of the bylaws not the constitution may address the forum.

As far as your earlier posts they may be lost in the time down

Can you repost the questions please.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #524
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
I may have missed it when I was traveling without WiFi access, but is there a link up yet to the proposed documents? I just looked on the WBCCI website and couldn't fint it as yet.

Thanks.
Should be posted tomorrow or Friday

Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #525
Rivet Master

Sorry to hear

Kerry,

Thanks for your response.

So “nothing” in the “New Constitution” will fix or begin to solve any of the concerns from the membership in regards to spending, rigidness and control of information. I’m really; really sorry to hear that and I’m sure many of the other members in the WBCCI will be too.

You say in your response “The items that you raise are bylaw issues and will be addressed when the bylaws are revised”. The way I understand the “New Constitution” the “WBCCI By-Laws” are still under the control of the “IBT” and not the “Revision Committee”.

So what authority does the “New Constitution” give the “Revision Committee” to make sure this happens in the future?

The way I understand it that “Authority” will still be with the “IBT”.

Since the “Revision Committee” was considered a “Special Committee” created under the current IP, after the election of the new IBT officers at the International Rally that Committee will cease to exist unless continued by the next WBCCI International President.

Has Barry H. already informed you guys/ladies that he plans to continue this committee?

Even if Barry H. decides to continue the “Revision Committee”, what makes any think the rest of the IBT will release the control of the WBCCI “By-Laws” or allow oversight/auditing by the general membership?

Have they already told you they will?

Have you and others been guaranteed this in writing?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #526
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Thanks, Bob.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #527
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Responding to Carol's concern, personally, I cannot think of a better place or Forum to discuss all this. It's not as if we fear too many posts take up too much space - quite the opposite.

But, as Janet has said repeatedly (and recently) - "Be kind." Make your best arguments but never get abusive. Also, please don't intentionally pull someone's string - I'm a relative newcomer to the Forum to a lot of you but nonetheless have learned where a lot of hot buttons lie, as have you. So, let's not push them. More importantly, if your string gets pulled - don't retaliate. If it rises to the level of reporting it, report it. Otherwise, walk away for awhile. Imagine you are sitting around a campfire talking. I can't imagine harsh words arising in that environment.

By the way: Go Rams - Go VCU!

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #528
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Kemptville , Ontario
Paul: The mandate of the Revision Committee is to recommend revisions to the Blue Book. That includes the Constitution, Bylaws and Policies. We are proceeding on that mandate.

Kerry
Old 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #529
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It wasn't my posts that got pulled however it did prevent everyone from being able to see or post to the thread about the revision. And unfortunately as Janet pointed out this was but (again.) I agree Pat. Everyone should play nice because it hurts everyone when one acts out. Lost time also means posts get buried and are asked to be reposted to gain visibility. Threads get pulled to the back and it can be quite some time before they reappear and then may be locked and then no one can speak on anything or know what's happened or ask and be answered. So let's try to avoid that! FYI, Bob, they are there just scroll waaaaay back. I also suggest we copy the quote of the post we are addressing for clarity and continuity. Often there is more than one dialogue currently active.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #530
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
I agree Carol,

By the way are going to the International this year, I would really like to meet you?

Old 03-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #531
Rivet Master

Member Authority

Kerry,

To give the membership the needed authority in the “New Constitution”, may I suggest the following changes in an effort to give checks a balance to the management of the club.

“New Constitution”

ARTICLE X
INTERNATIONAL BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Sec. 3 The IBT shall define the Bylaws and policies of, and shall have full administrative authority in all matters pertaining to the WBCCI and shall exercise general control and supervision of all officers and committees.

Sec. 3 The IBT shall define the Bylaws and policies of, and shall have full administrative authority in all matters pertaining to the WBCCI and shall exercise general control and supervision of all officers and committees. The Members’ Caucus shall have full authority to annually review any Club Bylaw and/or Policy during its annual meeting when 20% or more of the members present at the Members Caucus meeting agree to do so. Any repeals or changes can be made to the Bylaws by a simple 51% majority vote by the Members’ Caucus present after review.

ARTICLE XV
BYLAWS AND POLICY
Sec. 1 Bylaws and Policies not inconsistent with this Standard of Conduct and Constitution which embody additional provisions for the governance of the WBCCI may be adopted by the IBT.

Sec. 1 Bylaws and Policies not inconsistent with this Standard of Conduct and Constitution which embody additional provisions for the governance of the WBCCI may be adopted by the IBT. The Members’ Caucus shall have full authority to annually review any Club Bylaw and/or Policy during its annual meeting when 20% or more of the members present at the Members Caucus meeting agree to do so. Any repeals or changes can be made to the Bylaws by a simple 51% majority vote by the Members’ Caucus present after review.

Understand, I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just trying to help WBCCI members understand where currently the "real" power is located and how the New Constitution in its current form does very little to change who holds it and who can change it.

Good Luck.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #532
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Is it necessary to attend the international in person to participate in the Caucus?

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci