Old 03-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #351
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Bob,

I haven't received an email with a link to the language from JC yet. Do you have any idea when it will be loaded and available for study?

Thanks.

2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #352
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
If I go to WBCCI.org, and click on forum I still get the notice that the forum is down. As a MAL how do I get the info>? zz

Old 03-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
1. unit, area, IBT or IP sends a proposed amendment to HQ.
2. HQ sends it to C&BL within 48 hours.
3. they have 21 days to complete to HQ.
4. in 48 hours the oringnator must receive it back
5. Placed on the agenda
6. Published in BB and web site
7. meeting
8 ballots sent
9. ballots received published result in 5 days

Here is what the Blue Book states currently for the handling of amendments. Section 1 outlines the procedure Forrest has taken to propose his amendment. Can you show us the revision of that section Bob?

I know, I know, I said I didn't want to look things up...

Quote:
http://www.wbcci.org/documents/BB%20...stitution3.pdf
ARTICLE XVI
AMENDMENTS
Sec. 1 Proposed amendments to this Constitution may be submitted to Headquarters in writing by any chartered Unit of the club. Any such amendment(s) shall bear a certification by the Unit President that it has been approved by a majority vote conducted in accordance with the Unit's Constitution and Bylaws. The proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the originating Unit is a part, that the amendment has likewise been approved by a majority of the Units within that Region. Upon receipt of the proposed amendment(s) bearing the required certifications, Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all other chartered units for ratification or rejection. When two-thirds of the club's chartered Units have ratified the proposed amendment(s) by majority votes according to their Constitution and Bylaws and the Unit Presidents have so certified to Headquarters, such amendment(s) shall be deemed to be adopted. If two-thirds of the Club's Units do not ratify the proposed amendment(s) within one year following the distribution to the Unit Presidents, the proposed amendment(s) shall be deemed to have been rejected and to be of no further effect. (6/30/93)
Sec. 2 Amendments to this Constitution may also be adopted by a two-thirds vote of the members represented by Delegates present and voting at the annual Delegates Meeting voting in accordance with Article XII of the Constitution. Such proposed amendment(s) may be submitted in writing by any chartered unit, by the Board of Trustees and by the International President. Any such amendment(s) submitted by a Unit shall bear a certification by the Unit President that it has been approved by a majority vote conducted in accordance with the Unit's Constitution and Bylaws. The proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the originating unit is a part, that the amendment has also been approved by a majority of the members of the Region Board of such region. Such proposed amendment(s) shall arrive at Headquarters by March 1. Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all chartered Units by April 1 (90 days prior to the Delegates Meeting to which such proposed amendment(s) are to be presented, in order to give the units ample time to vote and instruct their Delegates. (6/30/93)
Sec. 3 A copy of any proposal to amend the Constitution pursuant to the provisions of this article shall be submitted by Headquarters to the Constitution and Bylaws Committee prior to being submitted to the Unit Presidents. The Constitution and Bylaws Committee shall provide Headquarters with a written report containing its recommendations(s) regarding the proposed amendment(s) by March 20. Headquarters shall submit copies of this Constitution and Bylaws Committee report to the Unit Presidents with the copies of the proposed amendment(s) distributed in accordance with Sections 1 and 2 of this article. (6/30/93)

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #354
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Here is what the Blue Book states currently for the handling of amendments. Section 1 outlines the procedure Forrest has taken to propose his amendment. Can you show us the revision of that section Bob?
Sorry I can not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
Bob,

I haven't received an email with a link to the language from JC yet. Do you have any idea when it will be loaded and available for study?
Sorry no, it's strictly up to the IP

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #355
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
As a MAL how do I get the info>? zz
good question, hope to have a resolution on that issue soon.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #356
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Well,

Now that the CoE is out, Grievance Committee out, Leo could be back in!

This thing might be worth passing after all.
Does Leo even want to come back????
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #357
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Tim can you tell us if you are aware of how Donna and the revision committee consulted with the VAC for input?

Quote:
..." I have encouraged Dona to consult with the 2020 Committee, the Vintage Airstream Club, and others as appropriate. I want to thank Dona, Kerry, Joe, Bob and Tom for stepping forward to the challenge of this significant task. My personal interest is to make the Blue Book more user friendly, to reduce the bulk, to review Standing Committee Job Descriptions, and to identify impediments to "fun, fellowship and adventure" - all the while retaining the essential character and the traditions of the WBCCI, including the Code of Ethics.Should you have an input for study by the Committee, please communicate directly with Dona.

Safe Travels

Norm Beu
President, WBCCI

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #358
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
1. unit, area, IBT or IP sends a proposed amendment to HQ.
2. HQ sends it to C&BL within 48 hours.
3. they have 21 days to complete to HQ.
4. in 48 hours the oringnator must receive it back
5. Placed on the agenda
6. Published in BB and web site
7. meeting
8 ballots sent
9. ballots received published result in 5 days
You left out the little matter of the Constitution & Bylaws Committee and Parliamentarian requiring that the originator "accomodate any non-compliance." The proposed amendment goes back to the originator to MODIFY the proposal until the C&BC deems it compliant.

How is this an improvement? They could keep a proposal in a loop indefinitely if they don't like the motion. All they need say is that it isn't compliant, for any reason, including Parliamentary Authority.

This is one of the best examples of how the revised Constitution centralizes power by reducing the amendment process to just ONE procedure, controlled by the very SAME people who derailed the DENCO motion.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #359
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
I did some research....

I think I have this all figured out....
YouTube - donald rumsfled known unknowns

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #360
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Tim can you tell us if you are aware of how Donna and the revision committee consulted with the VAC for input?
No, I cannot. I personally was not contacted, but I am only the 3rd VP and Webmaster. You may want to pose that question to Dallas Peak, the current president of the VAC.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #361
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
This is beginning to boarder on the ridiculous. After months of hard work by a so far unappreciated committee it has now come down to the need for the approval of Don "Stonewall" Schaffer.

We have 6,000 members, 90% of which don't even know there is a New Constitution on the horizon, needed to be advised of a major change in the governance of the Club and we sit hear waiting for the blessing of an individual who's only concern in life is when he can buy an SOB.

Members need to know, units that would not normally be represented at the International need to react, and reasonable, not the torpedo tactics presented here, debate needs to take place.

Lets get off the dime. If the Lawyers have blessed it against Ohio law that should be it.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #362
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Howie, your last post was a little muddled. What's the news?
Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #363
Rivet Master

Howie,

How this whole thing was handled was/is not the actions of a man (Norm) who really is wanting to make a change. If you go back and look at the timelines, lack of getting the message out to the membership (had many copies of the BB that he could have said why, what, how, reason, etc...) actions against Forrest thing at Mid-Winter, taking forever to cross T's, dot I's, waiting until March 1st to slide it across the plate, old Stonewall taking to the last day (would be my guess). No real clear way of how it will be released out to the membership (other than through Unit Prez).

Either he does not care or is the worst salesman but as been the best con-man to the five people (that includes you Bob) that have worked thier butt off writing this thing. I'm sure Bob and the rest have put their heart into it. If I were them, I be so p*ssed I would have released without his OK and dared him to throw me out of the club.

I think they did what was asked (Bob and the gang), again it's the EC7 not being nice.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #364
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Why would he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Does Leo even want to come back????
I would question why, as I am questioning myself, why did I pay this year's dues? There was the dues increase and I have yet to see value added. The International Rally's agenda and entertainment looks just like most other year's and for the cost there is no value either. God only knows what is in that new Constitution and By Laws and we are all still in the dark on that one.

Thank god my Unit is still a value and a good time, the rest of the WBCCI is questionable...............

Stay away Leo, you are way ahead of the game by doing so.

59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci