Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #239
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Bob,

So the other 2000 members, plus or minus, must rely on their unit presidents to provide them with the revised constitution? No notice in the Blue Beret, the official communication of the WBCCI?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
I believe there are about 3500-3800 emails, everyone else must contact their respective unit president or other unit officer to see if they received a copy from their Region President, who should have disseminated to them via email or snail mail.

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Thanks Bob,

Your answers were what I was looking for.

Please know that the revised constitution will be posted to the NOVA board and emailed to our members within an hour of my receiving it.

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #241
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Bob,

So the other 2000 members, plus or minus, must rely on their unit presidents to provide them with the revised constitution? No notice in the Blue Beret, the official communication of the WBCCI?

Bill
Bill

Yours is an interesting comment on what has been said to date.

Those members with an E Mail address will receive notification. The IP has stated that the complete Constitution will not be printed in the BB.

Given that less than 50% of the members that have E Mail will ever open the E Mail there needs to be a concerted effort to have a significant notification printed in the BB that a New Constitution is being presented and information delineating how a member can obtain a link to it or a copy.

We have to except the fact that 10% of a given group will NEVER get the news but there is no reason why reasonable effort should not be exerted to reach the other 90%.

I will E Mail the IP with this thought and urge others wanting to see reasonable efforts put forth do the same.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #242
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Bob,
Bill
For the most part the unit president needs to make sure the info is out there.

I'm not saying that, I'm sure there will be an announcement in the BB, it has a long lead time?????

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #243
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Given that less than 50% of the members that have E Mail will ever open the E Mail there needs to be a concerted effort to have a significant notification printed in the BB that a New Constitution is being presented and information delineating how a member can obtain a link to it or a copy.
Howie, why not tell us how you know this info?

Old 03-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #244
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
I think Howie is close to the mark when it comes to email. Let's all remember that those WBCCI members (and non-members) who are active on Airforums are the exception rather than the rule. It is easy for us to forget this since it is a way of life for us. Many members of any organization (with the possible exception of a tech type organization) do not check their email frequently, nor when they check do they follow links such as the one which will be sent.

With an issue as large as this is for our club and its membership, I think it is critical that everyone from the top down to fellow members do everything to make our fellow WBCCI members aware of the proposed constitutional changes and encourage them to be involved. Let's make the upcoming unit meetings the best attended in years!
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #245
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Norm Beu asked the Region 3 Unit Presidents (he was in Sarasota) to present a "PowerPoint Presentation" to their members, explaining the changes.

I have scheduled 3 sessions at our next Rally for that purpose. Our members will be notified by our unit newsletter (being written as we speak). We have a business meeting at this rally. I will ask for direction to vote their wishes "as I understand them". I will continue to solicit input until the Delegates Meeting. If our membership requests, we can call an additional business meeting in May, but they must be notified 30 days before the meeting!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #246
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Matt,

Your post seems to indicate that the unit presidents are to prepare this presentation. How can they do that when the new constitution has not been distributed. I was told at the Hobo Rally that the club would prepare this presentation and it would be sent to the unit presidents.

From what I heard, I expect the presentation to be why the new document should be approved with no dissenting view.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
Norm Beu asked the Region 3 Unit Presidents (he was in Sarasota) to present a "PowerPoint Presentation" to their members, explaining the changes.

I have scheduled 3 sessions at our next Rally for that purpose. Our members will be notified by our unit newsletter (being written as we speak). We have a business meeting at this rally. I will ask for direction to vote their wishes "as I understand them". I will continue to solicit input until the Delegates Meeting. If our membership requests, we can call an additional business meeting in May, but they must be notified 30 days before the meeting!
Just my personal opinion

Old 03-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #247
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
My number of 50% is a very conservative number based on personnel experience of the mass e mailing I did relating to the Defendwally suit. That number was actually much lower as reported by the "Open Rate Report" reported by the sending agent. I do not have an actual number at my finger tips, but it was under 20%.

If you have ever studied marketing you might remember the rule of thumb relating to individuals passing your companies exhibit booth. For ever 1,000 people that pass your booth, 100 will see the booth, 10 will have the ability to buy, and 1 will buy.

My old boss often said you can tell individually everyone and still only 90% will get the word

It would be interesting to know if Headquarters gets an "Open Rate Report" on any mass e mailings they send out. It will not be anywhere as high as most would expect.

It is a numbers game and will have to be marketed, by those supporting the changes, with repeated notifications because you can be sure the opposition will be doubling their efforts.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #248
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
The slides will come from Jackson Center. I will present them. I will ask for input and provide my opinion. If I am aware of proposed changes from this Forum, I will ask for feedback on those as well. Finally, I will ask if there are changes my members would like to see.

I hope the exchange on this forum will be open and informative. That will help me decide how to vote on proposed changes and on the "perfected" amendment.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #249
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
From what I heard, I expect the presentation to be why the new document should be approved with no dissenting view.
Bill
Since I'm on the Revision committee which is making the documentation for the presentation I will say that is incorrect.
Kerry is leading that task of the power point, I never heard any comment to that effect.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #250
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Bob,

My reason for the statement about no dissenting view, is based on prior history of amendments and not based on any discussion. Sorry I misspoke, but there is a lot of that going around.

So there will be argument for and against the proposed revision? Who will be writing the pro and the con? Two different people, I hope.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Since I'm on the Revision committee which is making the documentation for the presentation I will say that is incorrect.
Kerry is leading that task of the power point, I never heard any comment to that effect.
Just my personal opinion

Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #251
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
It is the Unit's job to ensure their membership has the information they need to provide direction to their delegate. It is the responsibility of each delegate to solicit input, ensure they understand direction from their unit, and vote in accordance with the direction they receive.

It is unfortunate that some units will not allow their delegate to vote yes on a revised amendment...but I'm sure that direction will be given in some cases.

Whether you are for or against SOB Motorhome membership, whether or not you supported SaveWally, whether or not you voted for Leo, you have to admit the club needs changes to the organizational structure!

If we don't reach a consensus and make constructive change in DuQuoin, we have missed a great opportunity! Please keep an open dialogue and ensure your unit allows improvements to the proposed amendment.

It takes 2/3 vote to approve!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #252
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Realistically, that's the only way it's likely to pass. Suppose all the delegates show up for this Constitutional Convention with their powdered wigs, ready for sober deliberation--as the "deliberative assembly" they are--and mindful that history is watching them.

As Rideair has pointed out, given the 20 minutes we are told has been budgeted for each of 18 sections, that gives each of the 100+ delegates approximately 15 seconds each to speak. Some deliberation.

Or, will the delegates meeting run on for days? I suppose that's a possibility. Not looking forward to it.

Tags
constitution, wbcci