Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #155
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
There are several changes to address problems with the International Rally, it will be optional and if held not be as long and not a business meeting, also the dates now have a range to be held at a time between July 1 -3rd week August.

1.The old dates are prime dates to book any venue at a higher cost, having this flexibility should allow lower costs.

2.Many people have complained about being away rather than with their families on 4th of July.

Those changes hopefully will increase attendance at lower cost

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #156
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
It's easier to establish numbers than to explain the motives behind those numbers.

Lynn
Well, first of all, you are correct that there is a constant attrition due to members aging out of Airstreaming, and in some cases, living.

However my unit is a fairly young unit and we had somewhere around a 20-25% non-renewal rate. (I say "somewhere around" because renewals continue to trickle in. That's always the case.) I have talked or exchanged emails with a fair number of people who didn't renew, so I know what their motives were.

Lynn, I don't believe that their responses belong in a public forum, but since you are a WBCCI member I will be glad to PM you some of the emails and quote some of the phone conversations if you would like. Let me know.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #157
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I believe you that some are not renewing out of disgust. There's no doubt about it, and it's something that the leadership should be aware of. What I warn against is overly broad generalizations.

Lynn
Old 02-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #158
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
What I warn against is overly broad generalizations.

Lynn
For some reason this reminds me of one of Piet Hein's Grooks (of which I seem to remember an amazing number).
Truth shall emerge from the interplay
of attitudes freely debated.
Don't be misled by fanatics who say
that only one truth should be stated;
truth is constructed in such a way
that it can't be exaggerated.

--Piet Hein
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #159
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I have delayed publishing anything on the Norm Beu remarks at Florida State, because he delivered no surprises.

My impression is that he is very honestly trying to address the recommendations from the 2020 Committee from last year. The Constitutional changes are designed to reduce the number of leaders in the club, simplify the process of making changes, allow the use of electronic voting and communications, and reduce the restrictions on the date of the International Rally (reduce costs). The changes are in review and he will take recommendations from the Executive Committee before it is sent to the membership.

When the changes are complete, the revision will be sent to the units (and membership) for action this summer. The information sent will include a detailed description of changes and a powerpoint presentation. During the Delegate Meeting in DuQuoin, the revision will be "perfected" 1 article at a time. All changes to the proposal will be made on a simple majority vote. When the entire amendment is complete, a single vote will be taken on the revision. This vote will require a 2/3 majority for acceptance. If it is passed, there will be an implementation period with new Bylaws created by the Executive Committee.

The discussion centered on process, rather than content. The Units have the ability to modify the changes completely, if they properly instruct their delegate. Quite simply, the unit should provide their opinions to there delegate and direct voting in accordance with their opinion, as he understands it. It is not possible for the the Unit to give specific direction on a yes or no vote on this issue, since it is likely to change significantly from the version the units will see in April.

The Delegates Meeting envisioned, can address the changes requested over the last several years. It will require constructive input and dialog by the delegates, with reasonable instruction from the units.

I'm not sure we can accomplish this goal in a single meeting, but I'm willing to do my best to work constructively.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #160
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
Quite simply, the unit should provide their opinions to there delegate and direct voting in accordance with their opinion, as he understands it. It is not possible for the the Unit to give specific direction on a yes or no vote on this issue, since it is likely to change significantly from the version the units will see in April.
Isn't it ironic how adoption of the Revision will require that we put our trust in the very Delegate process that the Revision eliminates?

They are supposed to vote themselves away, but the IBT and EC stay.

Don't be fooled. This isn't streamlining. It is centralization of power, not balance. Eliminating delegates eliminates representation.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #161
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Yes you are, really.

Yes, there was no direction from anyone, we were on our own.
Except that the chair of your committee was not one of your own.

And NOW, the revision belongs to the President who is getting input from PIPs. What you think was your final draft, is not the draft we will see. Just wait, they will not fail to disappoint you.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #162
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
I have delayed publishing anything on the Norm Beu remarks at Florida State, because he delivered no surprises.

... reduce the restrictions on the date of the International Rally (reduce costs).
The date of July 4th is important. Perhaps many have forgotten, but that is Wally Byam's Birthday. The original International was a celebration of this. Somewhere along the years(when making rules, carrying flags, and holding grand balls for the past and present presidents became more important) it became a business meeting and no longer a celebration.
As a Host of the Birthday Bash, I can only applaud this move. Those wanting to celebrate the man can, and those that live for the business meetings can go to that( at a time of the year chosen at whim. We all know the club is not a celebration of the product or the creator, it all about celebrating STATUS)
Will "International" be dropped too? "International Birthday Bash has a nice ring to it.
Just for the record, Fourth of July weekend is the slowest of all summer weekends for campgrounds. The one we are having the Bash at was so happy we chose the weekend we did, they even discounted the per person price to make it a better deal for those attending. Convention Centers, now those places charge big bucks Fourth of July weekend.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #163
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Except that the chair of your committee was not one of your own.

And NOW, the revision belongs to the President who is getting input from PIPs. What you think was your final draft, is not the draft we will see. Just wait, they will not fail to disappoint you.
You're intimating the chair resisted change, several of us were mindful of that from the get go , but that wasn't the case with the chair or Joe who is the recording Sec husband.
The committee worked pretty well on a majority rule after debating issues, any of us have the right to put forth a dissenting opinion on an particular point.

That's incorrect, Forrest it has our signatures, unchanged, in accord with RONR a committee's report can't be changed except by the assembly.

Any changes will occur at the delegates meeting.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #164
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Isn't it ironic how adoption of the Revision will require that we put our trust in the very Delegate process that the Revision eliminates?

They are supposed to vote themselves away, but the IBT and EC stay.

Don't be fooled. This isn't streamlining. It is centralization of power, not balance. Eliminating delegates eliminates representation.
You are taking that out of context, can you please wait till you read it to make informative opinions.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #165
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:

That's incorrect, Forrest it has our signatures, unchanged, in accord with RONR a committee's report can't be changed except by the assembly.

Any changes will occur at the delegates meeting

That being the case, there is no justification for the extended review underway. I call on the WBCCI to release the document immediately.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #166
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
You're intimating the chair resisted change... That's incorrect, Forrest it has our signatures, unchanged, in accord with RONR a committee's report can't be changed except by the assembly.

I'm not intimating anything. Change isn't always for the better, things can always get worse.

RONR are subordinate to the current Constitution and Bylaws. It is going to be the President's motion. He owns it and can do whatever he wants with it. Your committee was a "special committee" and he owned that too. You're living in fantasy land my friend if you didn't know that.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #167
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Not the case, in a conference with the full committee and Norm all those issues were discussed.

No fantasies.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #168
Rivet Master

Bob,

I do have a question.

In one post you said that the EC was in the process of "crossing T's and dotting I's"

Now you say
Quote:

Which one is it? The way I understand your last one, what you guys gave to them at the winter IBT meeting cannot be changed. So why would the EC have to cross T's and dot I's?

How can both be correct statements? Sounds like Forrest is correct on this one.

UPDATE:: OR are you talking about the "committee report" and Forrest is talking about the re-write WBCCI Constitution?

Tags
constitution, wbcci