Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #181
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
If fuel is 4 or 5 dollars a gallon, how many will go to the Int' Rally anyway?
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Silverwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #182
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Did in Bozeman (5000 miles). Will in DuQuoin (1000 miles).
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwanabe View Post
If fuel is 4 or 5 dollars a gallon, how many will go to the Int' Rally anyway?
In 2008 when the rally was in Bozeman diesel fuel was $4.50 to $5.00 a gallon.
Still 800 went to the international. We traveled 7000 miles that summer.

in 2010, when fuel was quite a bit cheaper only 725 or so went to Gillette.
The difference? Maybe no 3 amp parking so the cost of the rally went up by $200..
I will pay the price for fuel, but I will NOT pay $500 for the international even if it is next door to me
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #184
Rivet Master

Wow,

I was so glad to see Norm informed the membership about all the goings on with the planned re-write of the WBCCI Constitution in the March BB and how all that information would be released to general membership going forward to give us "general members" plenty of time to read, understand and ask questions to the committee and others who played a roll in writing it. I take it, when the document is finally released, it will include all of those members email, home and cell phone numbers so we can quickly get a response with our questions or should we take it, it will take just as long to get answers to our questions as it has just to get a copy of the thing?

Thanks for all the heads up info Norm.

NOT!!! For that matter, not even a single word from what I saw in the March Blue Beret (If I am wrong, I'm sorry and will stand corrected)

Once again the IBT/EC7 has a chance to do the right thing, instead, we once again are being treated like mushrooms. You do know how you grow mushrooms, don't you?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #185
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
For that matter, not even a single word from what I saw in the March Blue Beret (If I am wrong, I'm sorry and will stand corrected)
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I thought I would wait until we received the paper copy--the online edition is hard for me to read--but I didn't see a single word about it either.

I have a growing feeling of unreality about this whole constitution business. I would suppose that if the executive committee were serious about revising the constitution, they would have been communicating with the members the whole time, trying to build a consensus for what they are proposing. Instead, silence.

The Constitution and Bylaws Revision Committee has already accomplished its first objective of bringing and end to the lawsuit. Maybe the rest is all a throw-away.

And, of course--the new constitution is supposed to be unveiled on April Fool's Day. . .
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #186
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
I am starting to wonder if the thing will ever see the light of day. From the very beginning,the whole process has been underplayed in official communications, and now that the lawsuit has completely fallen through, its hard to see what leverage would be pushing the process forward. I predict one of the following:
  • No changes are offered. Insert rationalization here- its sure to be entertaining.
  • Changes offered, but rewritten as to be unacceptable to any reasonable person, thus allowing a "hey, we tried but the trouble makers blocked it" argument.
  • Changes offered and rewritten so that no real reform happens and the powers that be come out with even less accountability.
All of the above assumes that what the committee did produce before turning it over to the IP was a good document. However, given how this has played out to date, that assumption is riddled with doubt to start with.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #187
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Ok, so there are few people here trying to derail the effort, same folks that will argue the sky is blue.

Just the nature of a forum

I predict it will stay on track, further it will pass with a few amendments at the delegates meeting.

You have nothing what so ever to base your doubts upon.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #188
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
But indeed I do: past behavior, which any psychologist will tell you is the best predictor of future behavior. Having said that, I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #189
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I believe the IP and Parliamentarian when they discuss an open process in DuQuoin. It doesn't matter much what the Amendment says, if the delegates do their job.

In your unit business meetings, get the pulse of your membership. Ask for the authority to vote their wishes, as you understand them. Keep taking input through the delegates meeting (read texts and e-mails).

If we want change, it's up to us. Don't blame some conspiracy, persuade your fellow members to push for the right changes.

It won't be perfect, but this is an opportunity we haven't had before.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #190
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Almost forgot, share your proposed changes here - BEFORE the meeting. That way we can understand them better when proposed.

It takes a simple majority to revise the amendment but 2/3 to approve!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #191
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Ok, so there are few people here trying to derail the effort, same folks that will argue the sky is blue.

But the sky is grey today—yesterday it was blue.

As for the 2nd quoted statement, Rodney has it right, past behavior by the leaders surely indicate skepticism is well deserved.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #192
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
OKAY, I can't help myself. What color are YOU suggesting the sky is?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #193
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
I believe the IP and Parliamentarian when they discuss an open process in DuQuoin. It doesn't matter much what the Amendment says, if the delegates do their job.

In your unit business meetings, get the pulse of your membership. Ask for the authority to vote their wishes, as you understand them. Keep taking input through the delegates meeting (read texts and e-mails).

If we want change, it's up to us. Don't blame some conspiracy, persuade your fellow members to push for the right changes.

It won't be perfect, but this is an opportunity we haven't had before.
Agree

So many have asked for changes in this club for years, now that the opportunity is in front of them they question it before it is even read by them.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #194
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Pig in a poke

Quote:
Agree

So many have asked for changes in this club for years, now that the opportunity is in front of them they question it before it is even read by them.
Because the process is SHADY. Not opening it up to discussion then delaying sharing the content of proposal is shady. Especially in light of club history. Only a fool would not question this pig in a poke.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schulz_flipbook_08.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	123036  

Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #195
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
Because the process is SHADY. Not opening it up to discussion then delaying sharing the content of proposal is shady. Especially in light of club history. Only a fool would not question this pig in a poke.
I agree wholeheartedly. Regardless of any ongoing tuning, it would be only fair to open the kimono and allow the members to see what is coming.

I can't see the anointed few giving up any of their perks and I can't see that same few not slipping something in to serve the handful of their number that are pining for white box motor homes with four slideouts.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #196
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
The delegates meeting can change anything presented, provided units send their delegates with enough freedom to act on changes from the floor.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #197
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
The delegates meeting can change anything presented, provided units send their delegates with enough freedom to act on changes from the floor.
Yes. As I recall the delegates are going to "perfect" and vote on 18 sections individually by a majority vote, and then there will be a final vote on the new constitution which will require a 2/3 majority to pass.

Anybody know how much time is scheduled for the delegates meeting?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #198
Rivet Master

Don't hold me to this, but I think someone said they would spend "Twenty Minutes" per-section(18 sections). Which if you run the numbers, that leaves only about 13-19 seconds for input if each delegate wanted to do so. Just hope you don't get any long talkers. You are looking at six hours just to cover the sections, plus the final vote.

I would suggest sending your delegate with a pad to place between their backside and the seat. It's going to be a long day.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #199
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Don't hold me to this, but I think someone said they would spend "Twenty Minutes" per-section(18 sections). Which if you run the numbers, that leaves only about 13-19 seconds for input if each delegate wanted to do so. Just hope you don't get any long talkers. You are looking at six hours just to cover the sections, plus the final vote.

I would suggest sending your delegate with a pad to place between their backside and the seat. It's going to be a long day.
Yeah, I think I saw that, too.

So, let's see. . . the Revision Committee took 4 months to come up with the revisions (including both Constitution and Bylaws, depending on who you believe), the Executive Committee will take 2 months to "dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s, and the the Delegates Meeting gets 6 hours to "perfect" all 18 sections and vote on the whole thing.

Anybody besides me see any problem with this?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #200
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
It's hard to write a proposed constitution in public, but once you have a draft, release it to public view for comments. A lot can be learned during a comment period and then the drafters can go back and see what needs fixing. This is apparently not how it's being done.

This long period of secrecy with one spokesman for the process (perhaps an unofficial one, but certainly presenting himself as one) only creates speculation, frustration and suspicion. No one should expect anything else. By the time this thing is public, many will have set their minds against it no matter what is says.

So, Bob, why don't you release the text? What can they do to you? I guess they can expel you, but I'm sure someone will rally to your defense.

Yes Nuvi, I see a problem with the procedure.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci