View Poll Results: Do you support the WBCCI's current plans to rebadge an SOB Class "A" motor home as an
Yes, I do support this. 26 10.57%
No, I do not support this. 220 89.43%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #253
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
As the old saying goes "Never count your chickens before they hatch" and "The deal is not done until the ink dries". This maybe good news for those who do not want the MOHO issue passed at IBT this year in Perry, GA. But "It's not over until the fat lady sings". Don't let your guard down just yet. I'd wait until after IBT in Perry, GA before opening a cold one. Then of course, there's always next year! Congrats on your good news, but the issue is still there. We as a club still need to work out this issue for the people that have put much time and effort into this club over the past 20-30 years. No body ever likes a "Yeh, in your face". Maybe someone should call a meeting at Perry, GA to talk about how we as a club can help fix this together. There is a "RIGHT" thing to do, we as a club need to figure it out.
Never count your chickens before they hatch is kind of what the IBT has done with counting the number of current motorhome owners and then making a motion before a single person has shown a need.

There are many new and used Airstream motorhomes still available. Not one single member has been put in the position the motion was crafted to protect. The motion is all conjecture and projection.

Airstream announced no new motorhomes and right away the first thing that happened was panick. "What will we do now?"

The IBT again has projected themselves into the future trying to fix something with what they think will happen.

Paul, opening dialog is always a positive. Maybe we can even get the WBCCI officers over to their own WBCCI forum and start to utilize it and start talking. One hour at Perry isn'r going to accomplish a whole lot except to pit a few face to face. This requires a lot of discussion and from all the members.

But is it premature? How can the club change its entire focus and constitution to accommodate a few members perception? Some one show me one hatched egg. Let one member come forward with their need and then we should look to help. So far we are still trying to fix something that isn't broke.

The unit president has the power to keep members without Airstreams in their fold. As this occurs, it should come from the unit level on what problems it is causing and what the resolution is or needs to be. At that point is will be a real case and the approach will be more defined from the members it is actually affecting. All we need to know will be coming from then and there.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #254
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Hi Guys & Gals.
I,m back. After reading all the posts on this thread, for and against, I decided to do a little research. All manufactures of RVs have their own clubs,etc. and I decided to see if I could become a member with my AS MH.
Can I become a member of the Mandalay travel club? NO. Can I be a member of the Monaco owners club? NO. Can I join the Coachman club? NO. If I have a CAT engine in my MH, can I belong to the Cummings owners club? NO.
The point here folks is, WBCCI isn't the only club who is restricting someone because of the brand. FMCA,Good Sams and a few more will let anyone with a RV join, but even FMCA has a motorhome only rule.
All of these clubs told me, they too are losing members and just feel people today do not want to be bothered with clubs etc.
Lets keep WBCCI airstream only, like it has always been.

bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #255
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Thank you - got a little chuckle out of this one.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #256
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Red face Four Winds Folly

Just happened to be talking with a service tech at an RV Service Center in Pensacola, FL yesterday. He happened to be working on a couple of Airstream products. When I asked if he had heard about the Four Winds debacle, he just shook his head and told me that the Four Winds products were some of the worst MHs he had to work on. Lots of leaks and all that.
Maybe someone at the big RV show didn't do such a great job of research.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #257
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Interesting - I wonder if any other maintenance facilities have the same experience. But really it wouldn't matter if the quality was the best in the industry, it still ain't an Airstream.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:01 AM   #258
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincantom
Just happened to be talking with a service tech at an RV Service Center in Pensacola, FL yesterday. He happened to be working on a couple of Airstream products. When I asked if he had heard about the Four Winds debacle, he just shook his head and told me that the Four Winds products were some of the worst MHs he had to work on. Lots of leaks and all that.
Maybe someone at the big RV show didn't do such a great job of research.
Lots of leaks. Sounds like they will fit right in with what Airstream is currently building.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #259
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
i pinged a region officer about the recent news of Thor pulling back on the 'Airstream Edition' news out of Sarasota. here's the reply i received. hard for me to make heads or tails of it. thoughts or interpretations?...

i hate to keep this email exchange anonymous beyond me but i did not ask or received any clearance on sharing names.

Subject:
Fwd: Class A Motor Home Issue and THOR Pulling Badging Concept

Subject was forwarded to me as I was the only one of
those named who fully attended the Florida State Rally.
This is strictly a "rumor" and I am not aware of any
such thing. I heard Larry's talk and gave a presentation
on the "State of the Club", and nothing of this was said.
There were no Four Winds products at the rally, but this
was, to my knowledge and contact with the Rally Director,
entirely due to the Airstream dealer (Bates).
Points of interest: 1. Poll taken of members in Feb '04
was before Airstream's announcement of stopping
production of Class A MH. 2. Airstream does not intend
to make Class A MH and legal procedures by anyone to
require them to do so is not an acceptable option.
3. Larry has reported that there are only a few MH on
dealer lots, less than fingers on one hand. 4. Airstream
approached WBCCI to the concept of another Thor
Industries division making a MH that the Club might accept.
It is not the other way around. 5. Publication in the Feb
Blue Beret of data from the IBT meeting was past cut off
date. There is information in the March BB. 6. The
International President intends to be as neutral as possible
in the coming proceedings, but he can say that the data
in the forwarded message was strictly a rumor as I am not
aware of its existence.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #260
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
WBCCI MH's- Just one members perspective!!

Hi Gang,

This is my first post to the Forums on a controversial subject that is certain to surpass any other in recent club history for its divisiveness and general unrest.

I recently had the opportunity to express my opinion about the motor home issue to my good friend and Region 2 President Barry Heckenswiler. Here it is in it's entirety!

Hi Barry,

I was copied on this note from Doug Rowbottom and felt compelled to respond.

While I understand the intent of the Executive Board, to replace the kind of accommodations that Airstream has lead the club into for 25 Years, I also feel that this proposal sets a dangerous precedent for the future of the WBCCI as most members have experienced it.

The only enforceable constant, in my opinion, is RV's manufactured by Airstream, that is what the WBCCI is at its core! A club of owners of a single manufacturer of RV.

Those who I have talked with, feel the issue lies with the IBT, but their self survival response is solely due to a business decision by Thor. In order for this issue to be resolved, the membership should not be voting on whether to allow off brands of product into the club. We should be voting on whether to continue as a club without new motor homes or to form a new club not affiliated with Airstream. It's all in how its presented!

Part of the problem is one of executive privilege. Those with the power, choose to direct efforts is such a way that it appears to have an air of impropriety.

Since 1999 when Lin and I joined the club (for the membership in the VAC) there has been a consistent voice from the top that has reiterated time and time again that SOB's (Some Other Brands) will not be tolerated or allowed to join the club to attend our rallies on a regular basis due to insurance concerns.

We (VAC) have lost countless potential members who own multiple Vintage trailers of different brands over the years because of this policy and now we are asked to bend the rules so that a minority of members can run our club from the dinette of a Four Winns MH.

I don't think so!

Airstream/THOR has forced this decision upon us without malice. I will use the same logic back to the IBT that has been thrust upon the membership.

We must face the fact that we cannot have a club dedicated to Airstreams and allow different brands to join. It defeats the charter embraced by the membership of 1955, who I might add, were all proud owners of Airstream TRAILERS.

If the vote comes forward as changes to the Constitution and By laws to allow non Airstreams, I am urging all members to vote no!

The Bottom Line is that the WBCCI must remain an Airstream Only Club or cease to exist!

Every struggle must have a motto and in a variation of the New Hampshire State motto "Live free or die", l forward this as a new Bumper Sticker!

"Live Airstream or Die"!

From a New Hampshire Yankee

Wayne A. Moore
Past President WDCU 2002
Past President VAC 2006
VAC/WBCCI 15116
Old 04-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #261
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Wayne,

Thank you,

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #262
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Thumbs up Perfect

"Live Airstream or Die"!

Perfect. Thanks for writing the letter Wayne.

The IBT will also be receiving a letter from member #7032 expressing my belief that the only way for the WBCCI to survive (and grow) is to stay an Airstream only club.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #263
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

"Live Airstream or Die!" I want a flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There we go--- a no SOBs motorcade into International.

Great letter.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #264
2 Rivet Member

1954 25' Cruiser
1977 27' Overlander
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Thank you Wayne,

Very eloquently put. "Live Airstream or Die."

k

VOTE NO on the entire International slate when it comes to your unit in April. They're going to win anyway -- might as well make them sit through a 45 minute roll call and let them hear YOUR voice. Especially if you won't be in Perry! If they get in through another club-wide unanimous YES election they're just going to fumble around and find another disaster for '08. When is enough, enough?
WALLY54 1954 Cruiser #11281
Buttercup 77 Overlander #17330
1990 345-LE MoHo Classic #7830
Air #
WALLY 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #265
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
My vote is NO.
Why?
- the reason to accept non AS is to increase membership or not loose.
So what if it doesn't work as expected.
Go to find another Thor brand to be add as AS Edition whatever you name it.
- another reason is to keep MH owners as members because they can't buy another MH.
They have 2 options : buy a AS trailer or buy a used AS MH.
- If I wanted to belong to a non-brand RV club I would go with Good Sam or Escapee. They have much more to offer than WBCCI for less money.
- all the other brand DO NOT ACCEPT any other kind of brand in their club even if it's a Thor product

I won't be able to attempt the international. But if I happen to be able, I will go with my As, put it in a campground, then rent a tent-trailer made by a Thor company, put my digit on, with a nice phrase "I am the future of WBCCI" and then go to the Rally.
And see what could happen. I am sure I will be ask to move. But if I don't want to... If the IBT becomes deaf when his personals interest are in game, I can be deaf too when minesd are, and actually mine is WBCCI.
That said I think I'll find a way to go.
The IBT is deaf. MAKE NOISE.

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

http://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #266
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
I just have an idea regarding MH.
One of the justification to add another brand to the club is about to increase membership. I don't buy that as I don't see why MH owners will aplly more than trailers owners.
But another justification is about the current members who own an AS MH and want to change it and want to stay into the club.
My idea is simple. List all those owners and allow them to go with a Thor MH.
They are still members, they can keep up with their way of life. And the club stay safe.

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

http://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote