View Poll Results: Do you support the WBCCI's current plans to rebadge an SOB Class "A" motor home as an
Yes, I do support this. 26 10.57%
No, I do not support this. 220 89.43%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #239
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
Hear hear! Quote all your statistics and you only have 182 members that have voted. That is ONE PERCENT of the forum membership. The hatred displayed by a few people on this subject is alarming. Some of the statements made about Officers and others could be construed as libelous and I will now send them on the the people being libeled. No one wants to rally with this rhetioric of hatred!!
None of my statements contain hatred. I am "offended" that you would stereotype me as having hatred in my motives just because I oppose the issue. I have said many times on this and other threads re: the issue of SOB's in the club that I feel no difference between any Airstream product and its acceptability for membership in the WBCCI.

None of my statements are libelous, that I recall. Whether they do or do not, send them to the IBT so they can see how I, and others oppose the idea of allowing SOB's into the WBCCI. I would really like for them to see the extent that members of the WBCCI oppose this issue.

There has been a lot of talk about the dwindling membership of the WBCCI since I joined this forum and became aware of the WBCCI. In that time I have now seen two separate issues introduced by the IBT that have become extremely divisive in the organization. Perhaps it is time to introduce a motion to recall the IBT and install a new IBT. I am too new to the club to fully understand the parliamentary process of how leadership comes to being, but perhaps it is time to introduce a motion to overhaul that process too. The current leadership seems to be the club's worst enemy.

While I opposed the name change last year, and I still do, I will say this much, if the name had been changed to Airstream Owners Association, there wouldn't be an issue about SOB's being allowed into the club. Now, please don't think I'm waffling on that issue. I still think the name should stay, but in hindsight, the IBT might have done us a favor if the measure had passed. Then they would have been forced to stick with Airstreams and forget about diluting the club's focus.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
While I opposed the name change last year, and I still do, I will say this much, if the name had been changed to Airstream Owners Association, there wouldn't be an issue about SOB's being allowed into the club.
I don't see the logic behind this inference. What did Wally Byam have to do with Thor and any other they’re SOB's? The IBT is trying to re-badge Thor SOB's as "Airstream Editions" to be eligible in the WBCCI. The name change would not have affected this issue in any way.

listen folks - the time is now to approach your unit presidents to insist on unit votes on this issue. You need to clearly add the grandfather clause to the vote because IBT will try and change things up on the fly at the delegates meeting as they tried to do last year.

we need to get this defeated. if none of us are able to take officer positions in the club we must try and affect policy from the bottom up as best we can.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #241
2 Rivet Member

1954 25' Cruiser
1977 27' Overlander
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchevy89
when I sell mine I'll buy a sob.the reason being is the snobbery going on here.just look at the replys.silver tubes against moho.this is stupid.

Are your currently a WBCCI member or have you ever been a member?
WALLY54 1954 Cruiser #11281
Buttercup 77 Overlander #17330
1990 345-LE MoHo Classic #7830
Air #
WALLY 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #242
2 Rivet Member

1954 25' Cruiser
1977 27' Overlander
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
The hatred displayed by a few people on this subject is alarming. Some of the statements made about Officers and others could be construed as libelous and I will now send them on the the people being libeled.

Seems to me that what's libelous is the way the leaders of the WBCCI are doing business and bringing down this club.

It's not hatred that you're seeing. It's a bluff-call! Sometimes that's a hard one to take, especially when the IBT is trying soooo hard to create the bluff. Elected officials should be open to scrutiny. We elected them and we pay to be in the club.

I see a lot of officers having other members do their jobs for them. Every officer and representative of the WBCCI should be accessible by email. I think that if they're not interested in what we are saying in these threads and posts, as members, we've elected the wrong people to the task. If they don't have the tools for the job, we've elected the wrong people to the task.

When will the real ideas for growing and strengthening this club come to the forefront?

BTW… cooperhawk you may want to correct WB’s name on your Web site… it’s spelled Byum… should be Byam.

VOTE NO on the entire International slate when it comes to your unit in April. They're going to win anyway -- might as well make them sit through a 45 minute roll call and let them hear YOUR voice. Especially if you won't be in Perry! If they get in through another club-wide unanimous YES election they're just going to fumble around and find another disaster for '08. When is enough, enough?
WALLY54 1954 Cruiser #11281
Buttercup 77 Overlander #17330
1990 345-LE MoHo Classic #7830
Air #
WALLY 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #243
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Slander and libel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coop - what is libelous is the suggesting that we who are opposed to the SOB MOHO issue hate MOHO owners. I know that you have law experience in your family so I am surprised that you did not see that nobody is guilty of any libelous statements. They are expressing opinions about the actions of the IBT leadership and in that there is no libel.

I do hope you forward the "libelous statements" to whomever you need to. It will be yet another way that the leadership might perhaps pull their heads out of the sand and see through these threads that this is not a move favored by members and prospective members of the club.
And perhaps they will also see at some point the referances to the 2004 survey of WBCCI's actual membership that it was not a move favored by them even back then.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #244
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
A question or 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Look,

I will be the first to say that if it was made by Airstream, it is good to be in the club - period. Even though the Basecamp may not be doing all that well for the club, I still supported it because Airstream was happy to put it's name on it.

I think the feelings of "Good 'Ol Boy" are not indicative of anything more than the 18 or so leaders who are driving mostly Class "A"s and who are principally the ones who are pushing this motion. If it ain't an Airstream, it don't belong - that I believe is the sentiment and really, while I understand how somebody can be offended - I don't think they should he reason I say that is because that comment is not directed towards anybody else but the afore mentioned leadership, nobody else.

However, if you are a supporter of the MOHO issue then perhaps you should be really offended.
If thor is the parent owner of Air Stream Can they not make anything they want and call it a A/S ?They might own the company but don't rule us owners. then why can't Andy break off from A/S and rename the forums
Silver Tubes or Silver something, then only allow A/S owners only?
Then why not break off from the WBCCI and start a Wally club and run it the way Wally wanted and if ANY CLUB OFFICER TAKES A TT or MOHO for a trial basis through them out right away. then all this bickering might end and everyone get back to the basic of camping and good times. Just wondering
Bob
ps: your last comment is a reason for me to be offended.every one has a right to their opionion. just because they don't agree with you does not
give you the right to offend any one. by the way I voted NO on the rebadging!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #245
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseagle
If or when these guys decide to sell their Airstream MOHO they should buy an Airstream trailer like the way it used to be.

Wally towed an Airstream trailer.

Did they have mohos back then in Wally's time?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #246
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Huh?

What??? Nevermind. I get the impression that you are looking to be offended by something, anything.
The topic stays the same - No non-Airstream MOHO's in the club. That is all there is to it no matter what inferances you are drawing out of it.

BTW, if theis ridiculous motion actually does pass, much of what you suggest might actually happen. There are enough concerned people about this that I would not be surprised to see an exodus of people looking to make a new club dedicated to the single brand identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchevy89
If thor is the parent owner of Air Stream Can they not make anything they want and call it a A/S ?They might own the company but don't rule us owners. then why can't Andy break off from A/S and rename the forums
Silver Tubes or Silver something, then only allow A/S owners only?
Then why not break off from the WBCCI and start a Wally club and run it the way Wally wanted and if ANY CLUB OFFICER TAKES A TT or MOHO for a trial basis through them out right away. then all this bickering might end and everyone get back to the basic of camping and good times. Just wondering
Bob
ps: your last comment is a reason for me to be offended.every one has a right to their opionion. just because they don't agree with you does not
give you the right to offend any one. by the way I voted NO on the rebadging!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #247
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think the reason not to just break off from the club and start anew is that the WBCCI is Wally's club. It is 52 years in the running. It's historic value is the plus it has going for it. Anyone can start a new Airstream club anytime. The motivation to keep the club alive is to be part of the history of it. That is why it is being defended so adamantly. Once it is no longer the WBCCI or once it is no longer an Airstream only club, it will not be that club anymore. It's like a historical landmark, once you demolish the building you can erect a dozen other newer buildings in its place and do it in memory of, but that landmark will be gone forever, and that's a long time, as is 52 years by today's standards.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #248
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I think the reason not to just break off from the club and start anew is that the WBCCI is Wally's club. It is 52 years in the running. It's historic value is the plus it has going for it. Anyone can start a new Airstream club anytime. The motivation to keep the club alive is to be part of the history of it. That is why it is being defended so adamantly. Once it is no longer the WBCCI or once it is no longer an Airstream only club, it will not be that club anymore. It's like a historical landmark, once you demolish the building you can erect a dozen other newer buildings in its place and do it in memory of, but that landmark will be gone forever, and that's a long time, as is 52 years by today's standards.
I agree with you. but why do we have to listen to a loudmouth that is getting people in a uproar . just look at buttercup's last reply to me. then put on a funny face at the end .trying to be sarcastic.
it should be done in a quiet way by voting not by loudmouth bulling.
Bob
Old 02-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #249
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Keep it civil

Lets keep the thread civil and not personal folks.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #250
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
Lets keep the thread civil and not personal folks.
Oh I can see it now - a lively delegates meeting in Perry.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:24 AM   #251
Rivet Master

Counting Chickens

As the old saying goes "Never count your chickens before they hatch" and "The deal is not done until the ink dries". This maybe good news for those who do not want the MOHO issue passed at IBT this year in Perry, GA. But "It's not over until the fat lady sings". Don't let your guard down just yet. I'd wait until after IBT in Perry, GA before opening a cold one. Then of course, there's always next year! Congrats on your good news, but the issue is still there. We as a club still need to work out this issue for the people that have put much time and effort into this club over the past 20-30 years. No body ever likes a "Yeh, in your face". Maybe someone should call a meeting at Perry, GA to talk about how we as a club can help fix this together. There is a "RIGHT" thing to do, we as a club need to figure it out.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #252
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
they should allow a wbcci edition sticker on stan's special rv. his art would be a nice edition to the craft sales.

YouTube - Moby Dick, the Whale RV