View Poll Results: Do you support the WBCCI's current plans to rebadge an SOB Class "A" motor home as an
Yes, I do support this. 26 10.57%
No, I do not support this. 220 89.43%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that when it comes time to vote on the motion to allow Four winds into the club, there's a period of time when someone can make a motion to "amend" the current motion to allow the Four Winds into the club? If this is "not done, it's voted on the current wording in the current motion. But, if someone make a motion to "amend" the current motion and it is second, then that new amended motion is what is voted on by the delegates. So, one has to ask themself, Does one think there's enough "no" votes on the current motion to kill it. Or, does one try to change the current motion and get that passed?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #156
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat370
How is the Airstream Edition of the Mandalay MH any different from the plastic MH's that Airsteam produced over the last ten years.

Think about it,

Pat370
The Airstream Edition will NOT be converted/manufactured by Airstream employees in an AIRSTREAM factory; the Airstream Edition will NOT be sold by an AIRSTREAM dealer; the Airstream Edition will NOT be serviced by an AIRSTREAM service department; the Airstream Edition will NOT be serviced by JACKSON CENTER; the Airstream Edition Warranty will not be honored by AIRSTREAM; and if this poll is any indication, the Airstream Edition will NOT be allowed in the WBCCI!

Of course if the IBT has anything to do with it, you can strike that last one.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #157
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that when it comes time to vote on the motion to allow Four winds into the club, there's a period of time when someone can make a motion to "amend" the current motion to allow the Four Winds into the club? If this is "not done, it's voted on the current wording in the current motion. But, if someone make a motion to "amend" the current motion and it is second, then that new amended motion is what is voted on by the delegates. So, one has to ask themself, Does one think there's enough "no" votes on the current motion to kill it. Or, does one try to change the current motion and get that passed?
Paul,

This is exactly what happened with the name change and BaseCamp motions at the last International. Both motions were changed and the original motion was not voted on.

I think that a resounding NO might kill the thought of bringing in other motorhomes, perhaps a second motion, after the first one is down, to provide some grandfathering might be appropriate. The instructions to the delegates would have to be no, no, no for this to happen.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #158
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
How are they different?

Pat,

Quote:
How is the Airstream Edition of the Mandalay MH any different from the plastic MH's that Airsteam produced over the last ten years.
This question contains its own answer: The Airstream motor homes were produced by Airstream, Inc. in Jackson Center Ohio, sold by Airstream dealers, and serviced by Airstream dealers and the factory.

Mandaly motor homes are made by the Madalay Luxury Coach division of Four Winds International, and sold and serviced by their own dealer network.

And, to quote the president of Airstream, Inc., "They are not Airstreams."

Cheers,
Nuvi
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:

Think about it,

Pat370
The plastic MH built by Aistream were built by Airstream, the Mandalay plastic MH are not built by Airstream. There, that wasn't hard at all was it?

Next Brain Teaser please.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #160
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F
Pat,

This question contains its own answer: The Airstream motor homes were produced by Airstream, Inc. in Jackson Center Ohio, sold by Airstream dealers, and serviced by Airstream dealers and the factory.
Yeah, what I said ...I mean what Nuvi said.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #161
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
The plastic MH built by Aistream were built by Airstream, the Mandalay plastic MH are not built by Airstream. There, that wasn't hard at all was it?

Next Brain Teaser please.
Simple, direct, to the point.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #162
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:

Think about it,

Pat370
Significantly different? they aren't.

well...I guess it depends on whom you ask. Others seem to put a LOT of significance on the objects origins, distribution and support network.

but if you took a bunch of these MHs, put 'em in a field, and removed the badging from them, I doubt that there would be many of us that could correctly identify which was which.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #163
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
but if you took a bunch of these MHs, put 'em in a field, and removed the badging from them, I doubt that there would be many of us that could correctly identify which was which.
I agree with you there. If you've seen one brick, you've seen them all. Like Pink Floyd said, "Oll in Oll, It's just a nuther brick in the Woll."

But it does make a difference where the brick comes from when you are talking about the WBCCI.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #164
2 Rivet Member

1989 37' Airstream 370
Hastings , Minnesota
Yea I'v Got it, something like automobiles etc.

Ford and Mercury and then GM genaric Chevrolet, Pontiac,and Buick all with the same body and running
gear.

Pat370

PS do you think that Thor really cares about WBCCI
Old 01-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #165
Certifiable

. , .
No. Next brain teaser please
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #166
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
PS do you think that Thor really cares about WBCCI
Only that WBCCI is a conduit to current Airstream owners and thus a potential market for new purchases down the road. But you would think that they would get more bang for their buck from other marketing outlets.

When you think about it, almost all advertising in the Blue Beret is from dealers, not Airstream, Inc. so there is not a lot of marketing expense to Thor, but on the other hand, with so many WBCCI members already retired and not likely to purchase another new unit, in vintage units, etc., you'd think there wouldn't be much of a market through WBCCI after all.

It'd be nice to see the kind of Airstream advertising in the consumer magazines that you used to see in Airstream's earlier heyday. I think Airstream is in another heyday since they can hardly make production as it is now, though.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #167
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Only that WBCCI is a conduit to current Airstream owners and thus a potential market for new purchases down the road. But you would think that they would get more bang for their buck from other marketing outlets.

When you think about it, almost all advertising in the Blue Beret is from dealers, not Airstream, Inc. so there is not a lot of marketing expense to Thor, but on the other hand, with so many WBCCI members already retired and not likely to purchase another new unit, in vintage units, etc., you'd think there wouldn't be much of a market through WBCCI after all.

It'd be nice to see the kind of Airstream advertising in the consumer magazines that you used to see in Airstream's earlier heyday. I think Airstream is in another heyday since they can hardly make production as it is now, though.
But there must be a large number of WBCCI members who are in the market for a new RV, otherwise why would the IBT be pushing this motion?

Somewhere in the recordings is the statement that Thor/Airstream spends $100,000 with the WBCCI, through ads etc.

Regardless of what is said about the attractiveness and effectiveness of the Blue Beret, it does target an at at 6500+ Airstream owners and families.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #168
Certifiable

. , .
Thor cares about their stockholders and the bottom line. If given the opportunity, they will exploit the WBCCI to benefit their stockholders and increase their bottomline. $$$$$$