View Poll Results: Do you support the WBCCI's current plans to rebadge an SOB Class "A" motor home as an
Yes, I do support this. 26 10.57%
No, I do not support this. 220 89.43%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #141
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Think about it. The "Airstream Edition" Magellan comes with a BaseCamp, club rules are met, we "save" 1000 memberships, Four Winds sells 1000 Magellans, Airstream sells 1000 BaseCamps, Thors stock goes up, everyone is happy!

swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #142
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Apparent
Talk of hostility and inappropriate behavior related to the code of ethics ....

Folks, my impression in reading these forums is that it is mainly civil. Go read the forums on other RV sites and that is where you see real hostility and uncivil comments. You don't see flamming on this forum.

I don't classify having an opinion different than mine as being uncivil even if the person is passoniate about their position. To me being civil means being respectful of the other individual whether I agree or not.

I may be missing something here on the topic of allowing a specific SOB into the club as an Airstream Edition - but it doesn't seem too complicated. Either your for it or your against it.

Both sides will make voluminous arguments supporting their position and will make it much more complicated than it really is. I don't need all that; I'm probably too simple minded to understand all that. I can decide whether I want the club to be "Airstream Pure" or not.

Listening to all the rules and regulations talk makes me sick. My Airstream is for RECREATION and on my free time I don't want to deal with a bunch of unneeded rules and regulations.

Air Apparent
Thank you for seeing what is really happening here and not what one person thinks they see. Yes, the bottom line is are WBCCI members willing to accept SOB's into the organization. Air, thank you for your support on what this thread started as!

Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #143
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
I'll tell you what, that will not happen again on this issue, not if I have anything to say about it! The most important thing we can all do is tlak to our friends and encourage them to vote...frankly, I don't care so much whether a motion wins or loses, just that it gets heard and a true majority is represented. I can adapt to the results...one way or another. I truly hope that on the MH issue, a true majority of informed voters is represented.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now

Shari
Shari -- Thanks for climbing up on the soapbox! Lots of stuff to think about here. I'm wondering what you (or anyone?) think is the best way to reach out to all members to give everyone a chance to be informed and vote before we get a 1M1V system in place? What I worry about with the current meeting-only vote is that the people who can't make it to every rally are being left out purposely by their units because they are considered "uninformed" or not active enough to have a voice in what's going on, whether or not they care or have been keeping up on the issues by other means like the internet. This especially effects working members, but also those who travel extensively or who may be in ill health.

I also think that whether the vote is in a public meeting, or by mail or email, it should remain anonymous. The issues are devisive enough without members being required to vote in a public forum.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #144
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Save Wally already has one flyer prepared for you to download and mail to all the members of your local. Personally, I think this one is too over the top and proposes too many conspirsory theories. The flyer might give you the con side of the arguement that you could add a pro side to it to be sent out pretty soon,( before there is alot of misinformation spread). You might petition your leadership of the local to see if there is any hard rules as to how the vote must be carried out. Maybe the local board of directors could have a meeting and allow voting by mail?
Old 01-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #145
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
But this is the way it currently works Carol.

An individual or a small group of passionate members come up with an idea, good or bad. They present it to the IBT in the form of a motion. The IBT decides whether it has enough merit that it should be presented to the membership for consideration...if it is accepted (like this MH issue) then it it put before the entire membership for a vote. To have major discussions, point & counterpoint prior to knowing whether it is actually going to be voted on would be pointless and confusing. The iBT does not decide whether a motion is adopted or not, the members do, through their Unit voting and the delegate process. The IBT only decides whether something should be presented to the members. It can only be adopted if more than 66% approve of it at the June meeting.

Yes, this particular motion does appear to favor the IBT members, however I doubt any of them are actually the authors of the motion itself. Supporters, probably...but their votes count no more than any other member's. If 12 (or 21 or whatever the number is) non-voters get out & vote NO on this issue, it'll degate the IBT member's votes.

Shari
Thanks Shari, your outline of proceedings is appreciated and a great point to remember that this is only a motion and 2/3 of the membership need to approve the motion before it could actually be implimented. So as you say it is not a done deal and yes we all have to make sure members vote.

My query may also stem from watching a motion being withdrawn from the IBT by a region president because it was pointed out that the motion cannot come from an individual but must come from a unit. Does this motor home motion come from a unit or an individual or the IBT directly? And again I would like to find out if there are any limitations on what the IBT can present outlined in the constitution, as there clearly exists limitations on what units and regions and individuals have the jurisdiction to do without being dismissed as out of order.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #146
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So this motor home motion is submitted by...? Is this motor home motion an emergency action?

photography
Old 01-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #147
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Didn't I say somewhere that the "tag 'ine" was being defacto promoted to the club name and the WBCCI would fade from existance??? Oh wait, this would be a new thread.....
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #148
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Didn't I say somewhere that the "tag 'ine" was being defacto promoted to the club name and the WBCCI would fade from existance??? Oh wait, this would be a new thread.....
or an old thread...

seems i recall we did discuss this picture of the wb' logo 'adjustment'...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...8&d=1166065159

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #149
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
For 50 plus years the WBCCI has been plodding along, then in a matter of short time it's very basis is challenged. I take that as a discourtesy of the keepers of our club. Yes they kept it in tact for us to inherit but now since they would have no use of it the way it has stood they risk it all to suit their last years in the organization. Many new and younger members have joined because of the history. They would not be buying premium priced Airstreams or exerting themselves vigorously restoring vintage units if they wanted to join some other brands' organization.

There is a slow errosion taking place and when someone says, "Whoa, what's happening here?" they are accussed of not following the rules. Excuse me, who is it that is not following the rules precisely?

With success as many members as possible will get their vote in, comfortable with their choices and the impact their decision will make. One way or another this issue too will be addressed at the International in June.

But the arguments as I just read another over at WBCCI org that members should be careful considering a simulcast of the meeting because of the spread of misinformation are leaving me livid!

Communication is key. Too little too late and no discenting opinions is frustrating to members, if not completely turning them away. Closing the doors and giving them positive blurbs of little information in the Blue Beret is not sufficient for today's membership. Pandora's Box is open and the WBCCI will never be the unquestioning following of yesteryear again--no matter how you apply labels of mal-contents and irrate activists and shame us for not achieving the "way to truth" and perfect intellectual discernment.

Save me from perfect people, please! Let us make what you perceive as our own mistakes, perhaps you and some others will be surprised.

photography
Old 01-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #150
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
If anything, Wally Byam Edition not Airstream Edition

Since the motion to be voted on at International states it's purpose is "to make their owners eligible to remain or become WBCCI members”, the decal to be applied on a Four Winds Class A motorhome should state "Wally Byam Edition" and not "Airstream Edition" since the name of our club is the Wally Byam Caravan Club International.

This decal name change would recognize, respect and implement Larry Huttle's repeated statements at the Mid-Winter IBT meeting that these decaled Four Winds motorhomes are not and will never become Airstreams. It would also prevent marketplace confusion by people who might think they are somehow buying an Airstream. What they are really buying is a "Wally Byam Edition" Four Winds Class A motorhome, because it is their admission ticket into the WBCCI.

But most importantly, having a "Wally Byam Edition" would directly promote our club among everyone who sees and asks about that decal. I simply cannot understand how an "Airstream Edition" decal would help increase our club membership; it promotes Airstream instead of the WBCCI. The IBT members who are among those most likely to buy a Four Winds motorhome if this motion passes should be the most proud and honored of all WBCCI members to wear a "Wally Byam Edition" decal on a Four Winds motorhome. The motion proponents really missed the mark by suggesting "Airstream Edition", which does little to directly promote the WBCCI.

To recognize reality, avoid confusion, and better serve the stated rationale of retaining and increasing WBCCI membership, the proposed motion should be amended to replace "Airstream Edition" with "Wally Byam Edition" before the membership vote at this year's International.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #151
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I like that idea but then I started thinking about it and it occured to me that what THOR does to it's brands is of no concern to me, really. What does concern me is having the non-airstreams in the club. I feel that no matter what you call it, if it Isn't an airstream, it shouldn't be in the club.
You can call it Airstream Edition or WBCCI Edition or even Silver Edition, it still will not be an Airstream.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #152
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
There will be no changes or differences to the motorhome with the exception of the badge. WBCCI badging was discussed also. If only the badge is what makes it acceptable why wouldn't any RV qualify and badges be sold with membership and the proceeds of the badge go to WBCCI?

Would letting SOBs in kill the WBCCI and establish an independant Airstream Owners Association? Or would the VAC remain in WBCCI because they would of course not be affected with their separate intraclub, parking and meeting place. Officers and IBT in motorhomes in the Gold Section and Airstream trailers only in the vintage section piggybacking upon WBCCI benefits but remaining independant and cushioned from impact?

Where do you fit inthis scenario? Are you represented? Better get your vote in.

photography
Old 01-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #153
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I am equally opposed to a WBCCI Edition or a Wally Byam Edition being allowed into the club. As was said, if it isn't an Airstream, it shouldn't be allowed into the club. If the WBCCI wants to grandfather in the IBT's and officers if they buy a new motor home, that's more than OK by me.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #154
2 Rivet Member

1989 37' Airstream 370
Hastings , Minnesota
How is the Airstream Edition of the Mandalay MH any different from the plastic MH's that Airsteam produced over the last ten years.

Think about it,

Pat370