Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #435
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
By calendar, I was referring to the age of the membership. When I look at the pictures of the officers in the Blue Beret, most appear to be in their late 70's. If this is an example of most of the members, me included, we need younger blood. I have only been a member for 3 years, and this is some of my observations and what I have read.
Thanks Rick, I forgot I also a Life member of Good Sam and a member of Sunset Lake Resort campground and past member of Coast to Coast. My wife and I enjoy the camping experience and we also camp solo.
So much for the rambling, just an outsider looking in.
mike

Old 12-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #436
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-streamer View Post
-sigh-
here we go again
I guess you just can't kick a dead horse too much....

WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #437
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
OH, MAN, I SCREWED UP! THIS POST APPEARS TO BE FROM JON, BUT IT'S REALLY FROM ME, LYNN. I INADVERTENTLY CLICKED THE EDIT BUTTON RATHER THAN THE QUOTE BUTTON.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. THIS POST IS LYNN'S OPINION, NOT JON'S. I SINCERELY APOLOGISE FOR THE CONFUSION!

Quote:
- just to be clear. most of our camping is not at rallies but at federal or state parks and sometimes as PA RV parks. but when i go to an AS rally,
i expect it should be AS-only
Absolutely! The WBCCI and its rallies and caravans should be for Airstreamers only. No SOBs!

Quote:
- i just don't see how this would work. The PA book is pretty big with a ton of parks listed. how would WBCCI and FMCA, or others, arrange a
Quote:
discount? who picks up the tab for the discount? WBCCI and FMCA?
does the larger organization pay larger share?
I would think that it would work in exactly the same way that PA runs it. In PA, the parks pay nothing to PA, and PA pays nothing to the RV parks. The parks do receive the extra exposure from being in the PA book, and they fill sites that they wouldn't otherwise fill at a discount. So in their system, the only exchanges of money involve the member paying PA (that is PA's gross profit), and the member pays the park at 50%.

Now imagine how this would work in something like an RV club. There is no profit and no motive for it. As with PA, the RV parks pay nothing in order to take part, and the club obviously does not pay anything to the RV parks. Payment above and beyond regular dues by the member to the club should be zero or very close to it. The only real exchange you can count on would be payment by the member to the RV park at 50%.

Quote:
- probably true. but issues at FMCA are probably not similar to those at WBCCI. allowing Airstreams in the FMCA will not help their membership any more than accepting MH's into the WBCCI. despite falling/stagnant membership numbers, there will alway be a core group of AS'ers. i would honestly rather be in an AS group of 10 commited members rather than a diluted group of 100 members with no focus on a single agenda.
I agree, but note that I'm not suggesting that the WBCCI admit non-AS mohos, and I'm not suggesting that the FMCA accept non-mohos. Ever. No dilution of any kind on either side of the fence. As others have noted, that'd would be the beginning of the end, in my opinion.

Quote:
btw - i see you are in NM. are you with the FCU? we were until our recent move to Florida. the FCU is a prime example of a healthy group dedicated to the fun and friendship of Airstreaming.

Yep, we're FCU primary and DenCo and NM affiliates.

Lynn

FCU WBCCI #1601
I Donít Always Pull A Trailer
But When I Do - I Pull An Airstream
Keep Moving My Friends
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #438
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Folks, I have a bit of a double role here (participant, moderator) as well as responsibility for having taken this thread off to the side. It's time move on by shifting the new, non-Moho content of the thread to a new one. The new thread will be called "Improving the WBCCI" and all content will go there.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ci-113932.html

Lynn