Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #421
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I find it interesting that the largest kind of Airstreams for sale on WBCCI's Classified listings is big box Class-A Diesel pusher mohos.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #422
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Followers of this tread might get the idea that I am against the MOHO proposal. But after giving this some, I should say little, thought I would consider this as an alternative. Since it requires at least 2 persons co-ownership might also be justified.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #423
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Airstream.....air cooled....makes sense to me.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #424
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Peterborough , Ontario
We have branded Airstream motorhome with the land yacht decals and several other areas marked as an Airstream. Just to the left of the door the is a Thor motor coach decal. I am new to the discussion, so therefore I'm at a loss to understand the difference.
Most confused
Russ

WBCCI #1390
dirtturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #425
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Thor makes other brands of motorhomes at other locations. Airstream motorhomes were made in Jackson Center, OH. The motorhomes manufactured there by the Airstream Div. of Thor are qualified to belong to WBCCI, Other Thor brands are not allowed to join WBCCI. Since the Airstream Div. no longer makes motorhomes, there has been a fight, by a small number of current motorhome owners, to allow them to replace their Airstream motorhomes with ones made by other divisions of Thor. The majority of the club membership has voted repeatedly to not allow this to happen.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #426
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Motorhomes

All Airstream and Argosy Motorhomes are allowed in the WBCCI. This is not an issue about Motorhomes .....it is an issue about non Airstream motorhomes.
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #427
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtturner View Post
We have branded Airstream motorhome with the land yacht decals and several other areas marked as an Airstream. Just to the left of the door the is a Thor motor coach decal. I am new to the discussion, so therefore I'm at a loss to understand the difference.
Most confused
Russ

WBCCI #1390
Sorry for your confusion but you have nothing to worry about.

The discussion about motor homes is prompted by the fact that certain members of the Clubs leadership have decided that they would like to move up to larger more prestigious units and still remain in control of the WBCCI. Kind alike the Tucker automobile owners club being run by a bunch of Corvette owners.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #428
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Has anyone ever brought up the idea of allowing SOB's (TT &MOHO's) to be members, but they cannot hold office or vote? We all TALK of the declining membership; but????. In the process, we might obtain some REAL members.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #429
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
Has anyone ever brought up the idea of allowing SOB's (TT &MOHO's) to be members, but they cannot hold office or vote? We all TALK of the declining membership; but????. In the process, we might obtain some REAL members.
We would clearly stand a better chance of increased membership if we got rid of those promoting this idea. The number of member that they have driven from the Club would almost all return if this issue ended.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #430
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Real or unreal?

Quote:

Not sure what a REAL member is....I personally don't think the declining membership has anything to do with the MoHo issue.....ever check out how many Airforums members there are? Besides there are other organizations for SOB membership and, yes, some are my best friends. We invite them to our buddy rallies.....no big deal....friendship, camping and fun. No hard feelings and decisive voting issues.
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #431
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
Quote:
NO, NO HOW, NO WAY, NEVER, NOPE, NYET, NEGATIVE, NEIN, ABSOLUTELY NOT, WHEN PIGS FLY, WHEN H3LL FREEZES OVER,
WHEN MY HAIR GROWS BACK, WHEN I LOSE 20 LBS, NEGATORY GOOD BUDDY

NEED I SAY MORE?

-sigh-
here we go again
[CENTER][I]
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #432
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
By REAL member, I was thinking that this might get more people to buy an AS.
As for the FORUM, I believe that this makes available information that is NOT supplied by the Blue Beret. It is NOW that one steps back and provide what the membership wants, and NOT what those in charge wants. The "calendar" will be the end of the WBCCI as we know it now. We need the younger members.
I belong to each organization; the WBCCI, Air Forum and TAC and each one supplies different wants and needs..
Old 12-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #433
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
"By REAL member, I was thinking that this might get more people to buy an AS"

- probably not. those with non-AS's will join to be part of
the fun and most [all?] will not want to pay more for an AS,
or give up the 'luxury' of their big boxes when they
can join with whatever they have now. People will buy AS's
because they want an AS.
- also, once you allow non-AS owners into the club, even as
non-voting members, sure as raisins come from grapes,
they would eventually become, frst, voting members, and then
soon thereafter, office holders.

"It is NOW that one steps back and provide what the membership wants, and NOT what those in charge wants"

- it is clear, as seen in past votes, that the non-leadership
members overwhelmingly want this to be an AS-only club.
as noted in the past: Mustang owners do not join the
Corvette club, and vice versa.

"The "calendar" will be the end of the WBCCI as we know it now. We need the younger members"

- not sure what you mean by calendar.
members will join a) if they buy an AS and b) if they feel
that they are joining a club that reflects their interests.
i'm sure there are many AS owners out there who have
not, and will not, join the wbcci as long as the current
'leadership' refuses to oncede that this is an AS club

"I belong to each organization; the WBCCI, Air Forum and TAC and each one supplies different wants and needs.."

- true, but all of them are AS oriented! i doubt that many [any?]
AS owners are members of any of the many SOB oriented
organizations.
[CENTER][I]
Old 12-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #434
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
[QUOTE=az-streamer;1388072]
"I belong to each organization; the WBCCI, Air Forum and TAC and each one supplies different wants and needs.."

- true, but all of them are AS oriented! i doubt that many [any?]
AS owners are members of any of the many SOB oriented
organizations.[/QUOTE[/I]

I belong to all of the above mentioned. I also am a member of the Escapees club and a life member of Good Sam.. Also belong to Passport America but that probably wouldn't count as a club.

Each organization provides different options
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #435
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
By calendar, I was referring to the age of the membership. When I look at the pictures of the officers in the Blue Beret, most appear to be in their late 70's. If this is an example of most of the members, me included, we need younger blood. I have only been a member for 3 years, and this is some of my observations and what I have read.
Thanks Rick, I forgot I also a Life member of Good Sam and a member of Sunset Lake Resort campground and past member of Coast to Coast. My wife and I enjoy the camping experience and we also camp solo.
So much for the rambling, just an outsider looking in.
mike
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #436
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-streamer View Post
-sigh-
here we go again
I guess you just can't kick a dead horse too much....
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #437
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
OH, MAN, I SCREWED UP! THIS POST APPEARS TO BE FROM JON, BUT IT'S REALLY FROM ME, LYNN. I INADVERTENTLY CLICKED THE EDIT BUTTON RATHER THAN THE QUOTE BUTTON.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. THIS POST IS LYNN'S OPINION, NOT JON'S. I SINCERELY APOLOGISE FOR THE CONFUSION!

Quote:
- just to be clear. most of our camping is not at rallies but at federal or state parks and sometimes as PA RV parks. but when i go to an AS rally,
i expect it should be AS-only
Absolutely! The WBCCI and its rallies and caravans should be for Airstreamers only. No SOBs!

Quote:
- i just don't see how this would work. The PA book is pretty big with a ton of parks listed. how would WBCCI and FMCA, or others, arrange a
Quote:
discount? who picks up the tab for the discount? WBCCI and FMCA?
does the larger organization pay larger share?
I would think that it would work in exactly the same way that PA runs it. In PA, the parks pay nothing to PA, and PA pays nothing to the RV parks. The parks do receive the extra exposure from being in the PA book, and they fill sites that they wouldn't otherwise fill at a discount. So in their system, the only exchanges of money involve the member paying PA (that is PA's gross profit), and the member pays the park at 50%.

Now imagine how this would work in something like an RV club. There is no profit and no motive for it. As with PA, the RV parks pay nothing in order to take part, and the club obviously does not pay anything to the RV parks. Payment above and beyond regular dues by the member to the club should be zero or very close to it. The only real exchange you can count on would be payment by the member to the RV park at 50%.

Quote:
- probably true. but issues at FMCA are probably not similar to those at WBCCI. allowing Airstreams in the FMCA will not help their membership any more than accepting MH's into the WBCCI. despite falling/stagnant membership numbers, there will alway be a core group of AS'ers. i would honestly rather be in an AS group of 10 commited members rather than a diluted group of 100 members with no focus on a single agenda.
I agree, but note that I'm not suggesting that the WBCCI admit non-AS mohos, and I'm not suggesting that the FMCA accept non-mohos. Ever. No dilution of any kind on either side of the fence. As others have noted, that'd would be the beginning of the end, in my opinion.

Quote:
btw - i see you are in NM. are you with the FCU? we were until our recent move to Florida. the FCU is a prime example of a healthy group dedicated to the fun and friendship of Airstreaming.

Yep, we're FCU primary and DenCo and NM affiliates.

Lynn
[CENTER][I]
Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #438
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Folks, I have a bit of a double role here (participant, moderator) as well as responsibility for having taken this thread off to the side. It's time move on by shifting the new, non-Moho content of the thread to a new one. The new thread will be called "Improving the WBCCI" and all content will go there.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ci-113932.html

Lynn