Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #401
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
I just heard that the MoHo motion failed by a vote of approximately 1/3 FOR and 2/3 AGAINST.

That's just about the same as the previous times it was brought to a vote.
The official vote was.

1493 For
3301 Against
4793 Votes Total from the 102 Units present at the meeting.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #402
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
The official vote was.

1493 For
3301 Against
4793 Votes Total from the 102 Units present at the meeting.

Damon
It's unbelievable to me, that many would vote for the THOR moho's. The pro-moho group must really be encouraged their numbers are so strong.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #403
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroswell View Post
It's unbelievable to me, that many would vote for the THOR moho's. The pro-moho group must really be encouraged their numbers are so strong.
I think it has to do with the fact that proponents have lobbied, "This is necessary to preserve the club," despite the fact that very few members actually want to trade up from an Airstream to a Thor, and despite the fact that the need to own an Airstream for ten years first before trading up is NOT a strong selling point to get Thor owners to join, so it doesn't suddenly increase the pool of potential members.

The folks who want the club to grow would get more bang for the buck if they instituted a stronger campaign to get non-member Airstream owners to join, than they would to expand memberhsip to non-Airstreams. Such as, giving away one year's free membership to every family that purchases a new Airstream from a dealer. It wouldn't cost WBCCI anything other than some clerical work to process the membership (which is already paid for since the clerical staff is already paid), and it's easier to get members to renew than to get them to join.

Such a concept to also be expanded to buyers who get one used in a private sale. As in an ad campaign, "Register your new or used Airstream with Jackson Center, and you'll receive a free one-year membership to WBCCI." This would have the collateral benefit that Jackson Center would be better able to keep track of who has which Airstream over the years.

If WBCCI as a whole won't support such an initiative, I'm sure some Units and Regions would, on their own, once the idea is planted. In fact, one of the Units I belong to has tried something like it, "Join our Unit, and we'll pay your first year's dues."
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #404
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroswell View Post
The vote this time is the same as in 2007, 1/3 For and 2/3 Against. So the numbers really have not changed in 6-7 years since.

Damon
Old 07-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #405
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I think it has to do with the fact that proponents have lobbied, "This is necessary to preserve the club," despite the fact that very few members actually want to trade up from an Airstream to a Thor, and despite the fact that the need to own an Airstream for ten years first before trading up is NOT a strong selling point to get Thor owners to join, so it doesn't suddenly increase the pool of potential members.

The folks who want the club to grow would get more bang for the buck if they instituted a stronger campaign to get non-member Airstream owners to join, than they would to expand memberhsip to non-Airstreams. Such as, giving away one year's free membership to every family that purchases a new Airstream from a dealer. It wouldn't cost WBCCI anything other than some clerical work to process the membership (which is already paid for since the clerical staff is already paid), and it's easier to get members to renew than to get them to join.

Such a concept to also be expanded to buyers who get one used in a private sale. As in an ad campaign, "Register your new or used Airstream with Jackson Center, and you'll receive a free one-year membership to WBCCI." This would have the collateral benefit that Jackson Center would be better able to keep track of who has which Airstream over the years.

If WBCCI as a whole won't support such an initiative, I'm sure some Units and Regions would, on their own, once the idea is planted. In fact, one of the Units I belong to has tried something like it, "Join our Unit, and we'll pay your first year's dues."

The club did try the free membership several years ago, and I assume the results where bad enough it did not continue past the years they tried it. While it is easier to try to get people to renew versus join, if they don't go to a Rally or unit event, they don't renew.

We tried the same thing with a car club I'm a member of, the local car dealer paid for a years membership with a new car, and zero of the 'free' members bothered to renew, they didn't want to be a member to start with. I know it sounds good on paper, but I don't think it works in practice.

You have to get new members to attend events, so they can see the value of joining, which is why I think free first time Rallys fees for new members, and allowing non-members to attend a Rally or event, is a better idea.

Damon
Old 07-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #406

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
The club did try the free membership several years ago, and I assume the results where bad enough it did not continue past the years they tried it. While it is easier to try to get people to renew versus join, if they don't go to a Rally or unit event, they don't renew.

We tried the same thing with a car club I'm a member of, the local car dealer paid for a years membership with a new car, and zero of the 'free' members bothered to renew, they didn't want to be a member to start with. I know it sounds good on paper, but I don't think it works in practice.

You have to get new members to attend events, so they can see the value of joining, which is why I think free first time Rallys fees for new members, and allowing non-members to attend a Rally or event, is a better idea.

Damon
You're right, without aggressive follow-up by the Units to get the new members involved, the free members would let the membership lapse.

Still, the MoHo amendment has been tried before, and failed, and yet they keep trying. If free one-year memberships failed the first time it was tried, is that any reason to quit trying?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #407
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
There is now a new approach to the MOHO issue. While not Thor made it is a Land Yacht and should be a shoe in just on the name alone.

World's Dopest RV - The eleMMent PALAZZO - SNEAKHYPE

And you though the image of our Leadership could not be worst. Note the term used to describe this RV

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #408

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
There is now a new approach to the MOHO issue. While not Thor made it is a Land Yacht and should be a shoe in just on the name alone.

And you though the image of our Leadership could not be worst. Note the term used to describe this RV
Looks like it belongs in a science fiction movie. Specifically, Tron.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #409
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Quote:

Putting numbers on that would be difficult.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #410
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
If I buy one can I be President? I will need gas money.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #411
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post

Putting numbers on that would be difficult.
Now that's funny!!!! :-)
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #412

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:

Dopeiest thing about it… No galley. None. Just a wet bar. Look at the floor plan on the manufacturer's website: *luxury rv - luxury recreational vehicles - eleMMent Palazzo - RVS*- Marchi Mobile
Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #413
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Dopeiest thing about it… No galley.
All meals are catered.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #414
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
All meals are catered.

Gene
With Berets, Flags, Ice Tea, and Name Tags

Old 07-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #415
Mountain High

1990 32' Excella
Adirondack Mountains , New York
You guys are funny. When I cleaned out the AS I tossed the beret and some patches and I'm stuck with the ugly red numbers, two stars and some kind of faded round sticker until I strip the pealing clear coat LOL. Do you guys win these for attending? Maybe all the units should break off from the mothership and see what happens!
2005 ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #416
3 Rivet Member

Ok..for a year for the third time we hashed out the motorhome issue..We Won by keeping it Airstreams Only...So lets drop this link and move on!! I hope that us trailer owners and Classic Motorhomes will move forward and make this club a better Airstream Club. The dead horse has been beaten enough.. lets have a Rally. There are lots of great Units out there getting new members all the time, keep the momentum going. My hats off to all who help defeat this motion. I for one will always be an Airstreamer. AirstreamHobo
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
https://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #417
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Obie

If were only that simple. As long as there is money in the treasury and those that want to spend it on themselves they will want to travel in a style that you and I don't desire.

The MOHO issue will be presented again

Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #418
3 Rivet Member

Until then.. Lets Airstream
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
https://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #419
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamhobo View Post
Until then.. Lets Airstream
Nothing more to add to a well stated post.................
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #420
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
I totally agree, this horse is done it's time to move forward. Sure some members want a new motorhome, but MOST want to keep the club Airstream only.

Remember that any member can bring a motion before the IBT, and just because a motion it presented doesn't mean "they" are all for it! The EC and IBT are just regular members like everyone else, but somehow there arm was twisted to take a thankless job, and we all know that finding people to volunteer is getting very hard.

Sure they get a little travel money, but it doesn't cover the amount of travel or work that they do.

I get zero and spend on the average 2 hours a day working on ECC related emails or tasks, and I'm not the only one.

Lets get back to having fun at Rallys and enjoying the club.

Damon