Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #211
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
For those who may not yet see the reasoning behind the repeated presentation of the MoHo issue this may clear it up for you. The Officers of the Club get PAID to travel around and they would like to improve their accommodation. All of the larger Class A MoHo have generators to run the AC while you and I are asked to deal with 3 amp electric or pay half the national debt for higher amperage at THEIR rallies.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the welfare of the Club or the retention of the General Membership.

Ford only made the true T Bird for 3 years. Do you see those in the Classic T Bird Clubs asking if they can by a Corvette and stay in the T Bird Club?

This is just pure arrogance marketed as Club preservation. And when defeated this year it will be reintroduced next year as it has been in the past. They believe apathy is on side.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #212
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
The Officers of the Club get PAID to travel around and they would like to improve their accommodation. All of the larger Class A MoHo have generators to run the AC while you and I are asked to deal with 3 amp electric or pay half the national debt for higher amperage at THEIR rallies.
My Airstream Interstate comes with a built-in generator too, so they don't need to buy a Thor to get that convenience. And an Interstate costs less than half the price of a Thor, too.

Of course, they wouldn't get a whole lot of room with an Interstate. As I like to put it: all the comforts of home, but only one comfort at a time. But in exchange for less elbow room, they'd also get a real Airstream, made in Jackson Center even though it's not aluminum. And it would be infinitely safer for the old fogeys to drive a 23-foot, 5˝-ton van than to steer 45~50 feet and 11~13 tons of juggernaut that doesn't even count the toad— excuse me, dinghy, let's not be irreverent— that they'd couple to it.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #213
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Whoo Hoo Wachtung!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #214
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Hey Protagonist -
Love it that you own an Interstate - such a premium camping experience!!!! I'm in lust with the cabinet pulls and actually purchased the Dometic cooktop & sink set for our '58 Bubble )
M
Old 05-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #215
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
HowieE....heck yeah!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #216
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
One would wonder why this has come up for a vote again.
Assuming that your puzzlement is actual, rather than rhetorical, the reason is simple. The current motion is not up for a vote "again" because it hasn't been voted on yet.

Here's what happened:

1. IBT made the motion at the 2012 Delegates Meeting.

2. 2012 Delegates Meeting voted to send it to the International Constitution and Bylaws Committee to correct parliamentary deficiencies in the motion. (a.k.a "kicking the can down the road").

3. Now it's back from the C&BL Committee for a vote at the 2013 Delegates Meeting.

Hopefully this time it will get an up-or-down vote and be voted down. Then we are shut of it until the next time the non-Airstream motor home faction brings it up again.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #217
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
And they will bring it back again and again. They believe that they do all the work in the club and without them the club would die.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Assuming that your puzzlement is actual, rather than rhetorical, the reason is simple. The current motion is not up for a vote "again" because it hasn't been voted on yet.

Here's what happened:

1. IBT made the motion at the 2012 Delegates Meeting.

2. 2012 Delegates Meeting voted to send it to the International Constitution and Bylaws Committee to correct parliamentary deficiencies in the motion. (a.k.a "kicking the can down the road").

3. Now it's back from the C&BL Committee for a vote at the 2013 Delegates Meeting.

Hopefully this time it will get an up-or-down vote and be voted down. Then we are shut of it until the next time the non-Airstream motor home faction brings it up again.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #218
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Don, I figured you were against the Thor Moho motion and I'm sure many other Motorhome owner are also, I'm not against Airstream Motorhomes, my favorite is the 2005 30ft with slide, it's on my wish list.
I'm just against the International president of the WBCCI Airstream owners club driving around in a Thor Motorhome!

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #219
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Actually the WBCCI is a social club for carravanning and rally's. Ownership is required and use of these were encouraged. Now it seems ownership is required, but use is not necessary as seen by all the vintage units being restored and never get on the road and new units that are driveway jewelry. Kind of like most Harley owners. Maybe people who do not use their AS and Harley owners who do not ride can get together and form a driveway jewelry rv club. Jim
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #220
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Now it seems ownership is required...
Not the case. WBCCI Life Members can be active in the club without owning an Airstream. The caveat is that they cannot own any other RV.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #221

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
Not the case. WBCCI Life Members can be active in the club without owning an Airstream. The caveat is that they cannot own any other RV.
I write technical specifications for a living, and one ironclad rule is, don't put in any requirements that you can't enforce. The WBCCI Constitution isn't technical specifications, but the same rule should apply.

Unless a WBCCI member sells his Airstream, and is caught owning an SOB by someone who can revoke his membership, he can effectively own whatever he likes, as long as he doesn't take it to a WBCCI event. WBCCI doesn't have RV police who check with the DMV to see if you've registered another RV.

And if you happen to own an Airstream and an SOB, they can't make you sell the SOB when you sell the Airstream.

So, the rule is there, and it makes perfect sense for an Airstream-only club, but the rule can't really be enforced; it's on the honor system.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 05-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #222
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
I thought even life members had to have at least part ownership in an AS to remain active. Obviously one of us is misinformed and it probably is me since I quit the club after last year. Jim
Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #223

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
I thought even life members had to have at least part ownership in an AS to remain active. Obviously one of us is misinformed and it probably is me since I quit the club after last year. Jim
WBCCI Constitution, Article VI, Section 2.C:
Quote:
Regular Members, who were in good standing when they sold their recreational vehicle manufactured by Airstream, Inc., may, upon request, retain their membership as Regular Members, provided such members do not own another brand of recreational vehicle

WBCCI Bylaws, Article IV, Section 11:
Quote:
In case of co-ownership of a recreational vehicle manufactured by Airstream, Inc. only those co-owners each paying International and Unit/MAL dues shall have all the rights and privileges of an International Club member. A co-owner is defined as one of two WBCCI members that own a single Airstream Recreational Vehicle.

Looks like a case of, you're both right.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #224
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
While Protagonist is correct - that there are no police to enforce the rule. That is certainly true for a rank-and-file member; however if an officer showed up in a Prevost then that could not be allowed to pass unnoticed.

This is why it is the officers who want the rule changed.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote