Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #183
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitorj View Post
IMO WBCCI 'full' membership should be limited to Airstream trailers (perhaps also Argosy, squarestream and Classic MOHO).
As the owner of an Interstate class B, and a WBCCI member in good standing, I'm obliged to disagree.

But if you put forth a well-written motion to that effect, and it passes when brought to a vote, I'll live with the results. That's what parlaimentary procedure is all about. Such a motion would certainly put an end to the nonsense about Thor Class As, at least.

Heck, if that was the only way to defeat the Thor MoHo issue once and for all, I'd vote in favor myself, even though it would partially disenfranchise me and make me a second-class member. After all, passage of the Thor MoHo motion would devalue my Interstate as an Airstream motorhome in one fell swoop, too.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #184
Rivet Master

JupiterJ. An "Associate membership and/of Afiliate Status" has already been dangled as an olive branch alternative with no allowance for a THOR coach owner to hold office and no voting rights. The MoHo proponents have rejected any restrictions. So, what is not understood?? If its not manufactured by AIRSTREAM, its NOT allowed in WBCCI

Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #185
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
The issue of mohos in the club was debated decades ago, as was argosy admission. That is when AS mohos were first admitted, As it was a hot topic even that long ago. Purists then thought only trailers should be allowed and no Argosy trailers or even aluminum AS Mohos. Jim
Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #186
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The internet changes things and old type clubs like the WBCCI are all shrinking. It is easier to be on a Forum than join a club and volunteer. The clubs that don't emphasize the internet and change to it, become small and may die out.

Gene
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #187
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
The internet changes things and old type clubs like the WBCCI are all shrinking. It is easier to be on a Forum than join a club and volunteer. The clubs that don't emphasize the internet and change to it, become small and may die out.

Gene
Membership shrinkage seems to be a problem with all the organizations I belong to. (hope there is not a personal message there).
Membership in the WBCCI and also International attendance has shrunk much more than the other organizations though, so even if the social trend is against club memberships in general, the WBCCI is still doing
something wrong where attracting and keeping members is concerned
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #188
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
The last large FMCA International rally that I worked at had 5500 motorhomes of all sizes, types and descriptions; that was in 2007. The same rally in the same location 5 years later had a meager 2000 units attending and attendance has been dropping ever since.

This has been the trend across all of the RV industry, not just with Airstream.

Sorry, but that is NOT an acceptable reason to include THOR products in the brand-specific WBCCI. Either you have an Airstream club or you don't!
I agree with the Lewster. It shouldn't matter how small the club becomes as long as the members that are in the club are being served by its tenets. I think the question here is better asked what the club is. Is it friends, fellowship and adventure and all about friends, as in the self professed "International Club" of current and past high officials, or is it an Airstream only club and concentric to the vehicle and the current WBCCI constitution and not those, who have determined it is their club and require a particular amount of paying members to sustain the way they want to club? Downsizing doesn't have to be the death of the club but not downsizing and reassessing expenditure and priorities could be very detrimental. I think that has already been clearly evidenced.

What's better an Airstream Club over 50 years with 300 members or a Thor RV club newly framed with 3,000?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #189
jm2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post

Questions....Are you a WB member? Has your unit taken the time to read and understand the motion? Have you, as members, cast your votes or been given the opportunity to vote? Are you heading to Huron to defeat this motion? Has a delegate from your unit been determined to carry your vote forward?
Lynda,

just FYI, at this past weekend's regular spring business meeting of the New England Unit, a delegate and an alternate delegate were appointed to vote our unanimous "no" for the motorhome motion.

best,

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

http://defendwally.org/
jm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #190
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Good points about me stating the "dying out" mention. To be more clear, what they discussed was the potential for no longer being able to have the rally and thus, no more meeting.

I hear you about the smaller number as NOT a reason to include life members with SOB or a smaller market share issue. I am certainly not the last word or expert on the matter. I also believe that some of you "hit the nail on the head" with the idea of what WBCCI stands for and what they offer is what may be amiss.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #191
3 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Joseph & Gaby...thanks for the update and for your club's support! Send me a PM and let me know how your little vintage is coming along! Hope to see you 2 out west again soon!
Follow us on Facebook and our website:
www.GreaterLosAngelesAirstreamUnit.wbcci.net
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #192
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
My understanding is that WDCU voted no on MoHo.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #193
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Watchung unit has voted NO

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #194
3 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Thanks for the update, Howie!
Kimber, can you confirm and get back to us?
Thank you!
Follow us on Facebook and our website:
www.GreaterLosAngelesAirstreamUnit.wbcci.net
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #195
Rivet Master

We just received our Denver Unit Mail In Ballot for MoHo amendment. As this amendment is written, THOR Industries and THOR MOTORCOACH are being interchanged identified as one in the same. How can that be. THOR Industries is the parent administrative entity, and THOR MOTORCOACH manufactures CLass A Motorhomes which was a combination of THOR Industries subsidiaries, DAMON MOTOR COACH and FOURWINDS International merging creating a new company in September 2010. THOR INDUSTRIES doesn't manufacture Class A Motorhomes but they own companies that do. Yet this Amendment is identifying THOR Industries, who isn't a manufacturer, as the coach of choice for the Amendment change. What am I missing?
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #196
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
What am I missing?
They're just sloppy and don't know how to draft a motion properly.

Gene