Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #341
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Does anyone know which units were in favor of the MOHO change the last go around?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #342
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
No, not one conference call or go to meeting, just one sided e-mails stating opinions. I asked about conference calls and I was told that this was the way it was done. Next time it will be different. like I said my husband could hardly live with me those days. Leo, I would have worked for a survey but I just didn't think of it. Maybe as a committee member I can put one together and send to members. Your always have good ideas except you call leadership insulting names and I don't like that.
And if this passes the first thor Motor home that becomes President of a unit, region or International I'm done and maybe the whole Oregon Unit , the fasting growing unit in the club, we don't need the club, we just like the idea of belonging to an Airstream only Iconic trailer club.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #343
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
The WBCCI has a little used account with constant contact. While I haven't used it myself it looks like constant contact does have some survey capabilities. Possibly something could be worked out with Jackson Center to do some surveys In fact it appears that the cost of the service is low enough an individual could afford to put together a survey if they could get their hands on an appropriate mailing list.
I would bet it is unlikely the upper echelon of the club would get behind a survey on this subject because they already know the answer.
Online Surveys Overview - Constant Contact.

Recently the VAC has sent out several surveys trying to get a feel for what the members want.
Always struck me funny that the guys with the old trailers seem to make the best use of new technology
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 05-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #344
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Paul your tongue in cheek humor is very entertaining to your little group of naysayers.
You rarely miss a chance to belittle and mischaracterize those you disagree with.

Constitution issues are migrating here like a virus and eventually this thread will be closed. Where next?

I thought the discussion about what is an Airstream and what is not to be interesting.

Gene
Old 05-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #345
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Rich

The E Mail list will appear if someone requests it.

The user will most likely get a letter from the Clubs lawyer but it is not worth the paper it will be written on. Members have the right ot communicate with fellow members as stated on page 2 of the Directory.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #346
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
No, not one conference call or go to meeting, just one sided e-mails stating opinions. I asked about conference calls and I was told that this was the way it was done.
That is not the way it should have be done.

Why is it that the Revision committee had almost weekly conference calls.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #347
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
"I AM 100% IN FAVOR OF THOR MOHO IN THE WBCCI AND FEEL IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED INTO THE NEW CONSTITUTION"
Paul I have been away for a few days and may be missing something here.

Your 100% stand behind the inclusion of none Airstream Motor Homes and the feeling that should be a part of the New Constitution seams to be a 180 degree move from your past position contained in your older signature of just Vote No on the Revised Constitution or any changes to it.

If you are 100% behind the MH issue what % do you now apply to the Revised Constitution?

I am 100% against the Thor MHs in any presentation and 100% for the Revised Constitution.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #348
Rivet Master

ALL or NOTHING

Howie,

I’ll state again,

"I AM 100% IN FAVOR OF THOR MOHO IN THE WBCCI AND FEEL IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED INTO THE NEW CONSTITUTION AS WELL AS A NAME CHANGE”

I wish the people that support all these different things get what they wish for all at one time in the New Constitution! I’m tired of the leadership always screwing up this club, chasing off membership, etc... With these “Special Committees” and I mean “ALL” of them.

How many left the club because of the Name Change a few years back?

How many left the club because of the MOHO issue a few years back?

How many have now left the club because of the New Constitution talks already?

How many more will leave if it passes?

(I know, I’m maybe out if it does, which I’m sure will make some happy, which I don’t really care or I might stay just to PO people)

If you’re going to screw it up, Do it Right!

Pass them all and be done with it.

Some people just can not leave stuff alone, always got to be changing it. If you or anyone else for one minute think this MOHO, New Constitution or even a Name Change is going to fix the problem with this club, you’re on drugs. And this BS about, oh we had to change the Constitution so we could change the ‘Bylaws” is just that “BS”.

So I say again,

PLEASE ADD THE THOR MOHO, NAME CHANGE TO THE NEW CONSTITUTION!!! VOTE THEM ALL IN AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!

If you can’t pass all, don’t pass any.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #349

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
...Constitution issues are migrating here like a virus...
<<Mod Mode>>

Unfortunately this is true and while the constitution issue is related to the thread topic, the rants and rude posts are not.

The staff does not wish to intervene on the WBCCI issues. On the contrary, we sincerely want you all to be able to freely and productively contribute to such subjects.

The WBCCI New Constitution thread is in the cool down area. Let's not run this one into the ground.

How about some community rules compliance please?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

On behalf of the site team.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #350
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I see the moho thread going the way of the const one. The mods shut the whole thread down instead of blocking a few rules violators, leaving people who want or need info about the thread hanging. jim
Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #351
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
If anyone wishes to discuss any MOHO or Revision issues
an alternative is here

Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #352
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Isn't It Ironic?

How many hours, emotions, energies, have we all spent following current WBCCI issues? How many of us have been pitted in opposition against each other? What about the sacrifice of time and blood sweat and tears of those working diligently towards change? And get this...my unit isn't even bothering to have a business meeting, discussion, vote or even gives a good shake about any of it. How's that for comupence? In fact I can't even raise members from the internet from the newest virtual unit.

Maybe Paul is right. Should we just stop thrashing about and lie down and be done with it? What do you and gail think Leo?

Someone has told me I have said nothing nice or positive about the EC7, well here it is, please listen up and take notice, they have perseverence.

Just what do you get when we pay our dues these days, another dollar poorer and deeper in debt? Do you think the shrewd can become gratified when the hopeful become hopeless? Is the victory hollow?

Oh and just in case I forget to ask further down the line, what constitutes a rant or rudeness that is allowed to bremain posted but inappropriate enough to have a thread locked down. It can get very confusing trying to figure out which is the straw that breaks the ever morphing camel's back?

photography
Old 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #353
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Carol,

R U not with the Nova unit?

They were at the Reg 4 Rally, two days of two + hours each for discussion.

Guess you missed it

Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #354
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post

How many hours, emotions, energies, have I spent following WBCCI issues? How many of us have been pitted in opposition against each other? And my unit isn't even having a business meeting discussion or vote or give a good shake about any of it. In fact I can't even raise a member from the internet from the virtual unit.
I suspect you are not alone. The TN unit called an unscheduled meeting during the state rally a couple months ago, No one not at the state rally, and a lot of them who were there never even knew about it. No discussion of the issues at all at the meeting.

I later received an e mail ballot with the files of the new constitution package attached. ( which I had provided the unit prez with).. No additional info just vote for or against.. No problem here since I have followed this but I have since talked to other members that were totally confused by the whole thing and one that was concerned it would let SOB motorhomes in. ( see I am on topic)
I had thought of joining the virtual unit as my voting unit next year but it looks like that is not the way to go either.
I suspect most members and many unit officers don't care as long as no one takes away their joker board.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #355
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Rick,

Yep the delegate system works well it may get us the MOHO, if we did a IMIV after a caucus it would not happen.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #356
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Carol,

R U not with the Nova unit?

They were at the Reg 4 Rally, two days of two + hours each for discussion.

Guess you missed it
Well duh if you didn't see me of course I missed it, but is that the way business should be conducted within the club? I guess a lot of members will just "miss it" when there are those that decide those that count are present. That is where I came in many years ago finding out my unit even held business meetings when they told me I didn't need to bother to sit in. I recieved no notification of any business meeting or any posts on the Nova forum for MONTHS with the single exception of the delegate who also wonders how he will know the instructions of the unit without communication or any e-mails. Nor would I expect to have to travel to participate in a virtual internet unit, as represented. Correct me if I am wrong but business meetings are to be announced ahead of time for all unit members to participate. I also don't think listening to others speak at a region rally constitutes a unit's business meeting.

Yup Rick it sounds like my experience is similar to yours. I have many posts for discussion with the aid of Richard's and Matt's amendments and not one single comment in reply. I was never able to even begin a discussion with a unit member other than our delegate.

I paid my dues to have a part in the WBCCI and this year I was definitely shortchanged. It is what it is. One either gets what they expect or they move along.

photography
Old 06-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #357
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Looks like our unit will be going over the constitutional amendments on June 12th. I think the motorhome issue may also be brought up. I don't know that we have any motorhomes in our unit presently. Thanks Dan for calling the meeting.

June 1, 2011 Please be notified that I am calling for a business meeting for the discussion of direction for our delegate to the WBCCI International Meeting.

I encourage our membership to review the proposed constitutional amendments found at http://www.wbcci.org//documents/Dele...ry-3column.pdf prior to our meeting.

UNLESS NOTIFIED OTHERWISE, this meeting will be held in the private chat room for NOVA on Airforums.

This meeting will begin at 8 pm EST on Sunday, June 12 2011

photography
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #358
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Interesting. Our constitution requires 30 days advance notice for a Business Meeting.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #359
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
Interesting. Our constitution requires 30 days advance notice for a Business Meeting.
I wonder if that is a standard in all unit constitution, in which case our impromptu unit meeting called at the state rally would not count as a business meeting. Aren't units required to hold a certain number of meetings per year??

If that is the case we haven't had a meeting in over a year
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #360
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If I were the Delegate, I would like any feedback I can get.
Closed Thread

Tags
wbcci