Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #85

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
My gast is flabbered. Surely, even the IBT wouldn't attempt something that brazen. Would they?

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #86
Rivet Master
What that letter fails to tell you is "Who is the member that is a "co-owner" of a trailer?" Any guesses?

Who knows, maybe an EX-IBT PREZ!!!!!

Paul Waddell
Old 12-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #87
VAC President
1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I may be out on a limb here - but would that EX-IBT PREZ be Jim Franklin? This is a serious question! I would like to know who!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President & Webmaster, TAC NV-2 & NV-3.
2014 Mouse count: Buttercup - 0 / Airtini -
Old 12-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #88
Rivet Master
I heard it was one of the "Jerry's" can't remember which one, Collins or Larson. I want to say its Collins because I think it's Larson who owns the Classic style and was against allowing other brands in the club, Collins owns the box so it would make more since.

It's times like this I miss Leo Garvey! I'm sure his head is spinning and laughing all at the same time.
Paul Waddell
Old 12-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #89
Rivet Master
See post number #10 in this thread about the EX-IBT PREZ owning another brand MOHO and still being an active member in the club.
Paul Waddell
Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #90
Rivet Master
dwightdi, and wkerfoot, Jerry Collins is still listed in our current FMCA directory owning an Airstream. Lewster, there are many great buys out there on used Prevosts as you may know. A good used Prevost can cost as little as $98,000, some rougher ones even less. So, the Officer you heard say her next motorhome is Prevost, may cost less than plastic!
As for this issue, we are just upset, period. We have airstreams for airstreaming, and an SOB Class A for other RV events. If this talk comes to fruition somehow and a SOB CLass A is allowed in the WBCCI given all rights of membership, and Airstream didn't sell it nor warranty's it, without the membership's knowledge like a "recess appointment by the President, that stinks! I wrote a letter as well to the general mailbox of WBCCI. My copy in the "Sent file' is still steaming.
Disappointment can't explain our feelings.
"62 ATW Overlander, '51 Flying Cloud
'67 GT, '90 Squarestream 29ft, 06 Bambi, Bigfoot slide in/GMC Denali K2500, Marathon Coach, Class A.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #91
Rivet Master
2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
constitution and by-law amendments must be voted on by the delegates. IBT voted to have a study done to see what if anything could be done to get an Airstream Motorhome manufactured. If anything other than an Airstream product comes out of this study then once again it would have to go back to all of the units for a vote and then back to the International meeting to be voted on by the delegates. Neither the executive board nor the IBT members can make changes to the C & BL only the delegates sent by the units can make these changes. We are a one brand club and I think most of us are determined that it will remain as such.
Keep the shiny side up.
WBCCI # 348
Past Region 3 President
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Old 12-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #92
Rivet Master
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The Bylaws are only amended by the members of the IBT, not the delegates. The Constitution can only be changed by the delegates. Per Norm Beu, Jerry Collins is a full member of WBCCI as a result of being put in the Jackson Center records as being a partial owner of an Airstream trailer. No certifiable documentation needed to be filed to accomplish this. It is the cheapest way around the problem.

Jerry is qualified to attend any WBCCI functions, but can not park his SOB at a rally that is solely reserved for a WBCCI function. He could attend a WBCCI rally in his SOB, if it were held at a public campground or facility, such at DuQuion. DuQuoin frequently has events going on by multiple clubs at the same time and rents out individual campsites at $15 per night.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:47 AM   #93
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Nuvite-F, thanks for printing the full text of the letter from the Wisconsin Unit. They did a nice job of laying out the issues.

Printed copies of this letter are reportedly going to be distributed to those Unit members who are able to attend the January luncheon. We have asked for a copy to be mailed to us, and hope that is done to fully inform everyone, as they are asking for member feedback. We've sent an email to our Unit and Region Presidents with our feelings on these and a few other issues.

We're hoping and watching.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 AM   #94
3 Rivet Member
Motor Home Issue!!

Here is a copy of the letter I sent off last week to The International & Region 2 Officers... This is what Central Penn Unit survey answered...
Is it true that the Motorhome issue has arisen again? I Hope Not!! I had taken a poll in my Unit(Central Penn Unit) and all but one member has voiced a strong opposition to this even being brought up again. I hope as leaders that you won't even entertain any motion brought up at the IBT in Jan 2011. I think this is tearing apart the Club so Bad!! Here are a few quotes from our members!! Each Paragraph is a different quote from a member....

Hi Obie, I'm not sure what you wanted in reply to the letter from Cindy Reed but I disagree with bringing in SOB's. I think TR is a case in point. Also any decision like that should be made by the membership at large and not just an IBT decision. I would like to see Airstream begin again to make motorhomes. I think 30feet in size should be the maximum size.

I know how you feel about the International Rally and I agree. The only reason we are going is because of the Band. $500 is entirely too much. They should take a note from the FL State Rally in that you can run one for much less money. They don't need all those pre-rally workers for starters to save money. Also Region on State rallies can serve as examples. Maybe they will wake up about this. Hopefully not too late.
The last word I got was there are only a little over 300 signed up for the rally.??????

Obie: I vote for Airstreams only in WBCCI.

I agree with Milton only airstreams in Wbcci

Keep Airstream owners as only members of WBCCI.

Hi: We see no need to change things.

Dear Obie, The forefathers still don't get it. It's amazing about their intellectual wisdom . They continue to cry about money, membership, and volunteers, and yet they can't see the light.

Roberts Rules of Order relates that the Constitution covers the fundamental principles of an organization but does not prescribe specific procedures for operating an organization. By-Laws set forth in detail the procedures the group must follow to conduct business in an orderly manner. They provide further definition to the Articles of the Constitution and can be changed more easily as the needs of the organization changes. By-Laws must not contradict provisions in the Constitution.
In reading the attachment the author states ďArticle IV, Sections 9 & 10 might be amended or eliminated so that members in that position could then fully participate in WBCCI events in non-Airstream recreational vehicles.Ē In my opinion these sections of the By-laws could not be changed without an associated change to the constitution because it would be contradicting the provisions of the constitution which must never be allowed.
I also believe that presently the person who owns an Airstream in partnership should never be allowed to participate in Airstream activities with his non-Airstream motor home. This is not allowed by the constitution and by-laws and if the constitution is changed to allow it, the purpose of the Wally Byam Caravan Club will be permanently destroyed and become another one of those ďAny Kind is OKĒ clubs and lose the Airstream identity. You should never allow such a proposal to be adopted by the Directors without being voted on by the total population of the membership. The Regions need to join up against such a proposal unless they no longer want to be a unique organization. Iím no longer a member so probably ought to be keeping my ink dry.
Hi Denny: Even though we are not voting members of WBCCI anymore, we would hate to see them taking in non-Airstream Motor Homes. We have been owners of an Aiarstream since 1970 and members of WBCCI since 1975 and still own an Airstram. Hope every one gives you some input. They need to wait and let Thor build some Airstream Motor Homes again
We either have an Airstream Club or we don't. If we don't, then it will become just like any of the other clubs available. Maybe we should look at the Good Sam Club or one of the others to see which one offers the best benefits. Other than the Airstream parks and the unit Rallys WBCCI doesn't have any benefits. The commaraderie and common interest is what we have, once it's gone, we don't have it any more. We love the mystic we have, we love what makes us different, etc., why would we even consider opening it up to anything less? Just picture an "Airstream Rally" with a bunch of white SOB fiberglass boxes!

Keep out the motorhomes, travel trailers, and fifth wheels (toy haulers too) but anybody with a silver tent can join. How's that?????

Got your e-mail about WBCCI and I donít want anything to change. OK if airstream wants to start mfg Airstream motor homes which I think they should do and that would solve all the problems. We go through this Every year and they wont stop till they find a way to let non airstream motor homes into the club.

MY ANSWER IS NO NO NO Leave well enough alone!!
And the one vote.....For Motorhomes.."

Let em in.

As you can see...There is so much dissent in the club..Please don't add to it!!

My Comment:
I just bought my 4th Airstream in 20 years and I am a Die Hard Airstreamer, and the club should be that way Too!! You need to change your ways of operating the International Rally and quit wasting $$$$. You lost alot of members attending when you doubled the price. Which was unnessary, when you see Region and Special Events Rallys for much less money and they still make a profit. All your committees will not pull this back to the black until you change your ways!!!
Thank-you, Dennis Ober #2590,
President of one of the Finest Clubs..Central Penn Unit #164.
Lancaster Co. Pa.
1999 28' Excella
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #95
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
constitution and by-law amendments must be voted on by the delegates.

Amendments to the Constitution must be approved by the delegates, but article XV of the Constitution gives the IBT sole authority over the Bylaws.

Numerous bylaw amendments were made at the 2010 mid-winter IBT.

Two of the five motions contained in the 2011 mid-winter IBT agenda are for bylaw amendments.

We have been led to believe that there will be extensive changes to the bylaws at the 2011 mid-winter IBT meeting, but so far the recommendations of the constitution and bylaws committee have not been revealed to the membership.

Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
We are a one brand club and I think most of us are determined that it will remain as such.
Glad to hear it.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 AM   #96
The Hawk's Lair
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
It's all this constant bickering that is driving the club to extinction. I left the club several years ago and have never regretted every day reading all this hostility.

You folks are flies circling a corpse. I would say this forum has done more to wreck the club than anything else. It's no wonder that Airstream withdrew their financial support.
There is no "I" in the word "team," but there are four in "Platitude Quoting Idiot!"

Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #97
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Interesting that a Region President (tarheel) does not know that only the IBT and not the delegates can amend the bylaws.

I think giving only the IBT this power is totally wrong. The membership should control the bylaws as well as the constitution.

The WBCCI engine is sputtering. The time may be fast coming for a special interest Airstream group within Good Sam or another organization. We have no unit dues and I see virtually no benefit other than the HQ bookkeeping functions from all my dues that are going to the international level of the club.
John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Old 12-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #98
. , .
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I think giving only the IBT this power is totally wrong.
Please see Forrest's Motion.

Closed Thread