Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #869
2 Rivet Member
 
2007 34' Classic S/O
Eureka , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 64
David, when you come to Sedalia for a visit, besides the Sedalia repeater, try 146.42 mhz simplex. This is the frequency that the WBCCI ARC uses as well as an informal morning net around 8:00 AM during the rally. You can also go to the WBCCI.ORG website in early June and download the entire rally program with the schedule of events. Then you can decide which day you want to attend. The Vintage Club open house is good, however, there are other activities during the day that may interest you. Security checks for registered members is only at evening meetings or entertainment. You're also welcome to come to the vendors area and look for me at the WBCCI Club store booth.
__________________

__________________
jwgreen is offline  
Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #870
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 843
Ganz gut! I'll check the schedule in June. We're starting to work on our summer travel plans now, but at this stage it is pretty much looking at maps to figure out where everyplace we want/need to visit is in relation to each other, and then try to put together some sort of logical route.

I'm assuming that this event will be at the State Fairgrounds?
__________________

__________________
David Lininger, kb0zke
TAC SD-6
AIR 54240
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #871
Rivet Master
 
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,941
The IBT has not allowed Ryan to amend the Motorhome amendment as passed by the IBT back in July. Unfortunately the IBT does not have enough guts to kill the amendment in total (as they could) and therefore we will be stuck with another 6 months of arguments and the resultant loss in membership and image that will result in less potential members joining. The IBT is overseeing the demise of the club and taking no action to help stabilize membership.
__________________
dwightdi is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #872
Rivet Master
 
rideair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,223
So does anyone have the original wording of the motion that was passed by the IBT last year to move forward?

I've only seen the cut-up version of the possible amended version that was supposed to have been put in front of the IBT at the mid-winters.

Enjoy,
__________________
Paul Waddell
rideair is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #873
Rivet Master

 
Southwestern , Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
So does anyone have the original wording of the motion that was passed by the IBT last year to move forward?
Motion 3 at this Mid Winter IBT is to amend the proposed constitutional amendment resulting from last summer's IBT, so if you look at Motion 3 and ignore the lined-out and added words you should have it.

The entire agenda is at

http://www.wbcci.org/documents/IBT%2...013%202012.pdf
__________________
Nuvite-F is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #874
Certifiable
 
mistral blue's Avatar
 
. , .
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,460
Here's the original wording of the motion that was passed by the IBT last year as reported in the November Blue Beret:

"Motion: Regular members who are LIFE MEMBERS may, upon request, retain their membership as Regular Members if they replace their Airstream manufactured recreational vehicle with a Class A motor home manufactured by a division of Thor Industries, Inc., the parent company of Airstream, Inc."

Shortly thereafter it was decided that this motion needed to be amended: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ml#post1079108
__________________
"IT'S A MAGICAL WORLD, HOBBES, OL' BUDDY... LET'S GO EXPLORING!" ~ CALVIN
mistral blue is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #875
2 Rivet Member
 
1994 34' Limited
Ottawa , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 66
Do motions put forward to the meetings get run past a quaified person, like a lawyer, to make sure the words say what they are intended to say, from a legal perspective, and will stand up to interpretation by a competent court? Some motions look like they were cobbled together by the script writers of the old Amos and Andy show.

Consequences of a badly worded motion, rule, etc? Paradise Park restricted membership to owners of Airstream travel trailers and motor homes. A court ruled that if the intent was that only Airstream motor homes be allowed the wording would had been "and Airstream motor homes", and the park had to allow in other brands of motor homes. I suggest that an ad hoc ruling by a member of the executive during the course of a meeting does not serve the club well.

Too bad there is no vehicule for discussion within the club by club members. A little communication might be a good thing.
__________________
RonH is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #876
Rivet Master
 
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,941
The great majority of club members, who wish to discuss things, know that AirForums has a great free place reserved for them to do it right here. AirForum moderators will let most any conversations occur, as long as they remain civil.

The parliamentarian is the person at the meeting that seems to be checking to see that the motions are in order and the Constitution and Bylaws chairman is at the meeting and have been making comments, and referring to the existing documents, to see that the motions do not contain things that would cause conflicts. I do not believe any of them have a law degree. Review of the budget and expenses show that, motions that are carried over to next meeting are usually run pass lawyers, hired by HQ.
__________________
dwightdi is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #877
Silver Mist
 
LI Pets's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,008
Images: 28
Motions or amendments are not presented to a lawyer beforehand unless requested by perhaps the EC.

in the case of the Revision it was put before the clubs law firm for conflicts with Ohio state law by the President, none were found.

Motions are reviewed by the CBL chair Don Schafer for an opinion wherein he may question it's legality I believe, but he has no legal background.

I think any member can raise the issue.
__________________
Bob
'77 Sovereign Intl 31' CB
WBCCI R2 Rep VAC 11411 Metro NY VP

LI Pets is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #878
Silver Mist
 
LI Pets's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,008
Images: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
the resultant loss in membership and image that will result in less potential members joining. The IBT is overseeing the demise of the club and taking no action to help stabilize membership.
Dwight,

Exactly what loss of membership has occurred due to this proposed amendment?

How is the IBT or more specifically who is overseeing the this demise?


.
__________________
Bob
'77 Sovereign Intl 31' CB
WBCCI R2 Rep VAC 11411 Metro NY VP

LI Pets is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #879
Rivet Master
 
rideair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,223
Bob,

You, I and the many other Airstream owners know the reason folks have left the WBCCI is because the actions of the IBT/EC7 (spending, MOHO, name change, Leo G getting kicked, revised const.,etc..) Many non-WBCCI have expressed on these very forums they have not joined the WBCCI or the VAC because of the actions of the IBT/EC7. We now even have folks refusing to come to WBCCI Buddy rallies because of the actions of the IBT/EC7 that were once members of the WBCCI. And the ex-members or possible future members will not comeback/join because of their actions.

As for the numbers, did you not hear Don M. report on membership? Did we not have over 400 members not renew?

And then you have Jim F. saying "Put an Airstream sticker on anything".

I only hope someday the VAC, CAC and a few other units will walk away from the WBCCI and it's leadership and start a new club. The day that happens, you will create the fastest growing Airstream Club since the WBCCI was created.

Enjoy,
__________________
Paul Waddell
rideair is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #880
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,419
Blog Entries: 2
Don't let the door hit you in the butt!!! I'll probably be with you. jim
__________________
avionstream is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #881
Don McKelvay
 
Don McKelvay's Avatar
 
1994 34' Limited
London , Ontario
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Bob,

You, I and the many other Airstream owners know the reason folks have left the WBCCI is because the actions of the IBT/EC7 (spending, MOHO, name change, Leo G getting kicked, revised const.,etc..) Many non-WBCCI have expressed on these very forums they have not joined the WBCCI or the VAC because of the actions of the IBT/EC7. We now even have folks refusing to come to WBCCI Buddy rallies because of the actions of the IBT/EC7 that were once members of the WBCCI. And the ex-members or possible future members will not comeback/join because of their actions.

As for the numbers, did you not hear Don M. report on membership? Did we not have over 400 members not renew?

And then you have Jim F. saying "Put an Airstream sticker on anything".

I only hope someday the VAC, CAC and a few other units will walk away from the WBCCI and it's leadership and start a new club. The day that happens, you will create the fastest growing Airstream Club since the WBCCI was created.

Enjoy,
Hi Paul,

To set the record straight, no I did not say we had over 400 members not renew, it was 248. Here is what I said:

"Well, as of the end of November 2011 we have 5,219 families compared to 5,467 at the same point in 2010. This means, unfortunately, a loss of 248 members or 4.5%. The losses seem to be slowing as in comparing 2010 to 2009 we lost 414 members or almost 7%."

On the actual Meeting on Friday I will be providing updated figures which you can hear on the live streaming.

Cheers,
Don McKelvay
International Membership Chairman
__________________
________________
Don McKelvay
WBCCI #205
AIR #42
1994 34' Limited
2004 GMC 2500 HD
Hensley Hitch
Don McKelvay is offline  
Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #882
Rivet Master
 
wkerfoot's Avatar
 
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,667
Don,

Thanks for that clarification. Of the 5,219 families, how many are new families? The net loss appears to be 248. While that is a decrease from the prior year it still represents a decrease.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don McKelvay View Post
Hi Paul,

To set the record straight, no I did not say we had over 400 members not renew, it was 248. Here is what I said:

"Well, as of the end of November 2011 we have 5,219 families compared to 5,467 at the same point in 2010. This means, unfortunately, a loss of 248 members or 4.5%. The losses seem to be slowing as in comparing 2010 to 2009 we lost 414 members or almost 7%."

On the actual Meeting on Friday I will be providing updated figures which you can hear on the live streaming.

Cheers,
Don McKelvay
International Membership Chairman
__________________

__________________
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
wbcci


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.