Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #771
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
The agenda for the upcoming IBT meeting is posted at http://www.wbcci.org/documents/Janua...T%20Agenda.pdf.

There are only 4 motions, 3 that are not particularly significant to most of us and of course the MOHO proposal.

I find it difficult to believe even the IBT would support allowing non Airstream people with Thor motorhomes to join the WBCCI but it looks like that is what they are trying for.

Hopefully this one will never make it to the delegates but that is probably wishful thinking
It is interesting that a link to the Revised Constitution show up on the Clubs master web page but the so called Leadership has forgotten any need to discuss it at the mid winter.

I guess they want to get this MH issue passed before anything of importance to the Club is addressed.
http://www.wbcci.org

Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #772
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
1992 25' Airstream 250
anywhere , New Jersey
Letter to Region 2 Pres

I am so thankful to the many friends that we have in this club and for their help in informing me of the issues/amendments being proposed. As the new pres of WDCU, I have not received any information from the Region president or the "7". Talk about the need for improving their communication skills!!

I sent a note to the Region 2 Pres regarding the moho amendment. I also want to send a note to our members and ask them to say "no" to this amendment, by emailing the IBT 7. So if someone can PM me their e-mail addresses, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Sonia

Watch WDCU-ers have fun, visit www.wdcu.wbcci.net
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #773
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
DONE

If anyone else wants a copy let me know

Old 12-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #774
Rivet Master

Sonia,

Glad to see you taking an active role as the WDCU "Prez". As you may already know (or will shortly find out) a WBCCI Prez and the membership can find out far more about the goings-on of the WBCCI here than any other place including the WBCCI website or the BB. The last vote on the MOHO issue the WDCU cast all votes against including other brands in the WBCCI at Perry, GA. Let's hope they will do the same this time around if it comes up for a vote.

It can be a bunch of fun being "The Prez" of a WBCCI Unit.

Enjoy,
Old 12-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #775
Rivet Master

My letter is awaiting me to "hit" send button. I'll do in the A.M.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #776
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I have heard back from three of the individuals to whom I send my email.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #777
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
I have heard back from three of the individuals to whom I send my email.

Bill
And what did you hear back?

I wish officers would post to an open forum!

photography
Old 12-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #778
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
That they appreciated my opinions. I did not expect more, only an acknowledgment of receipt.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
And what did you hear back?

I wish officers would post to an open forum!
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #779
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Bill. I hope someday that the elected officers will feel it advantageous not merely to acknowlege that members spoke but to speak themselves and actually address current issues so that the club could begin to build upon communication and make headway into improving the future of WBCCI for the membership. I would expect much more than a notice of reply received for the price of dues requested these days. As business is conducted outside the confines of business meetings for the Executive Committee and region officers and committee members, I think that business concerns from membership could also be explored and expounded upon and just perhaps hasten the productivity beyond the laboriously slow business meeting agenda with limitless delays as is now experienced. Where there is a will there is a way. However the will lies not with the members.

photography
Old 12-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #780
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Ryan? Iced tea?.jim
Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #781
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Due you? Or don't you?

Due you? Or don't you?

How much is a return receipt requested? And just how much is the International dues? Is there any discrepancy between that difference? Remind me again, why mere members pay more than mere unit dues for mere accommodation, and what that difference entitles a member to. Is paying membership dues an act of altruistic alliegance and monitary subsidy for the ruling class' travel and recognition, or are there benefits beyond courtesy parking that actually comes from mere members' generosity and hospitality? I am surprised the EC hasn't also passed along the printing cost to listing members for offering free parking as they did to discounts from campgrounds in their grand quest for increased revenue. Those pages aren't printed for free you know! Make room for the credentials of the high ones and don't even think to add the unnumbered caravans of the units, that might add up to 8 pages... Remember it isn't about the recognition. WOW did they really say that at the meeting and it not stick in their collective craw?

photography
Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #782
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs down

I forgot to mention that the only reason WBCCI does not have a members' forum is because they do not want to assist members to compare notes or hasten the spread of news betwixt its "mere" members or to have to address them as leaders directly. The WBCCI forum was "cleansed" two times and still managed to render "inappropriate" results so it was shut down permanently. No officer was harmed in its making or closing and any semblance to real characters is purely coincidental. Tell me what organization you currently belong to that discourages interaction online, and then tell me WHY you would seek to enroll in an organization of that sort in this day and age. It isn't that they don't get it. It's just that you aren't solicited to join or stay. Now do you get it and fit the mold?

photography
Old 12-21-2011, 04:42 AM   #783
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Sorry, incorrect. jim
Old 12-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #784
Rivet Master

In the opinion of our committee members, "Our club is in a death spiral." We believe that WBCCI cannot afford to lose more and more valuable members whose dedication and expertise have made this club what it is, a "family" whose interest is enjoying "fun, fellowship and adventure." The suggestion has been made that we confine Thormotor home membership only to those currently owning an Airstream motor home, but that would restrict the possibility of ever regaining those former WBCCI members that dropped out. It was also suggested that if Thor motor homes were allowed in the club, the owners could not hold office in WBCCI, and, in fact, they could only be affiliate members. The majority of this committee's members judged that to be extremely biased and prejudicial.

That statement from the MOHO Committee report alone tells you everything.

Who are those "valuable" members anyway? Am I considered one?

See post 301 for a copy of the full report.

Enjoy,

Tags
wbcci