Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #1101
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I agree the MH issue is defining factor in this vote, even more so than the constitution changes. Jim
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #1102
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Does anyone know how 6/Mississippi voted on this issue?

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 05-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #1103
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Jim,
I sent our FL unit vote in yesterday. I hope all members will send in a vote but I doubt it. You are correct about being interesting. To me, the MH issue is will we be an Airstream club going forward in July or just another RV club. A lot at stake.
Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
I agree the MH issue is defining factor in this vote, even more so than the constitution changes. Jim
Not sure I agree the MH is that critical or more critical than the Revision, not saying that because I was involved in it.

But I believe the MH motion will be defeated in any event.

Would there be membership reduction if it passed yes, but not that many that will walk from the relations they have with friends.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #1104
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
In my opinion few will leave or even care if the revision is passed or not, but allowing non as in the club may be the final straw for many. Jim
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #1105
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The MoHo and REVsion both have their supporters and detractors. It is likely that both will be defeated. If they pass, some detractors will leave. The greater cause for concern for the survival of the club is, it has failed to keep pace with the times and therefore has not been able to attract enough new younger members. The seniority system for selecting leaders has resulted in policies and activities which is out of step with prospective members.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #1106
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Canby , Oregon
Has anyone done a spread sheet of the units and how they have vote on the MH issue?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #1107
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Unfortunately not enough members or unit are represented on this Forum to get a accurate indication. Those that are represented here tend to be clearly against the MOHO issue.

Those members that have not availed themselves of the Forum or other means of communications have been grossly mislead by the party line, of membership retention, disseminated in the BB

I suspect that the Region Presidents have much better idea of how it is coming down.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #1108
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
The 4CU unit is overwhelmingly opposed to the MoHo issue, and we did vote on it.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #1109
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I am happy to report that WDCU has voted against the MOHO issue.

My clear hope is that this foolishness be defeated by such a majority that the Thickest of those claiming to lead our Club get the message

Old 06-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #1110
Rivet Master

Since no one of authority has reported our Denver Unit's vote at our May 5th rally/business meeting. Unaminous against "Moho" issue.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 06-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #1111
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Metro NY Unaminous against "Moho" issue

Old 06-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #1112
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Our unit is unanimous against MOHO issue as well

We are the Central Coast California in Region 12.......however we are so far away from dealing with this issue at our local level that it was really hard to get a vote......we have fun camping and are attracting new members every month......no heavy duty meetings and bureaucracy.....we meet Airstreamers at rest stops and camp grounds and ask them to join us for a rally.....and we really try to not have cliques since that seems to be the death of the clubs.....we welcome diversity.......paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
Old 06-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #1113
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Unfortunately not enough members or unit are represented on this Forum to get a accurate indication. Those that are represented here tend to be clearly against the MOHO issue.
I don't think anybody needs to lose any sleep over the possibility of the MoHo amendment passing.

While it's true we don't begin to know how all the units are going to vote, I just combed through the last several pages of this thread and saw the following units reported against passage of the motor home amendment:
Georgia Unit
Oregon Unit
Watchung, NJ Unit
Wisconsin Unit
Northern Illinois Unit
New England Unit
Four Corners Unit
Washington DC Unit
Denver, Colorado Unit
Metro NY Unit
Central Coast California Unit
Now, using the voting memberships of these units and the total number of voting members from the 2011 delegates meeting, I came up with the fact that the units reporting voting against the amendment total 20% of the voting membership of the WBCCI.

Only 33% of the vote is necessary to defeat it. If the units reporting on this thread are a remotely accurate sample, the amendment won't come anywhere near passing.

And that would be consistent with the history of voting on this issue, which has always resulted in a sizable majority against the amendment.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #1114
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Anyone out there from Metro Detroit and Nova that can tell us how the vote went in those Region 4 units?

photography
Old 06-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #1115
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
NOVA has voted against the MOHO issue and for the Revision.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #1116
2 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Ottawa , Ontario
Thumbs up

I was not able to attend the Ontario (Canada) Unit business meeting but I am reliably informed that our delegate will be voting about 95% of our 168 members AGAINST the MOHO motion. The Unit is completely supporting the Constitution motion.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #1117
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaugh View Post
NOVA has voted against the MOHO issue and for the Revision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
I was not able to attend the Ontario (Canada) Unit business meeting but I am reliably informed that our delegate will be voting about 95% of our 168 members AGAINST the MOHO motion. The Unit is completely supporting the Constitution motion.
I added these units to my previous totals reported above ( http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ml#post1155188 ) and based on last years unit voting strengths (taking percentages into account where known) 22% of the total vote has now been reported as against the MoHo Amendment.

The revised constitution is much more complicated. When you say your units voted in favor of it, what does that mean? Does it mean that your unit voted for it as it is currently written, or as amended with one or more of the amendments which will be proposed from the floor (3 of which we know about) or whatever comes out of the delegates meeting?

This is not just splitting hairs. As written, the proposed revised constitution does away with the Delegates Meeting, but the first of the amendments to be proposed from the floor will undo that, if it is adopted. As I recall, one sizable unit voted to accept the revised constitution only if this amendment was adopted, that is, the Delegates Meeting is retained.

The second amendment that has been circulated would accomplish the intent of the ill-fated DenCO, or Region 11, or Forrest amendment and give the Delegates Meeting oversight over actions of the IBT. But in order to do that, both the first amendment and the second amendment will have to pass. (If the first amendment doesn't pass, there won't be any Delegates Meeting to have oversight over the IBT!)

Gonna be an interesting Delegate's Meeting this year. Hint: bring a cushion to sit on. A thermos bottle full of Margaritas might help, too.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #1118
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post

The second amendment that has been circulated would accomplish the intent of the ill-fated DenCO, or Region 11, or Forrest amendment and give the Delegates Meeting oversight over actions of the IBT. But in order to do that, both the first amendment and the second amendment will have to pass. (If the first amendment doesn't pass, there won't be any Delegates Meeting to have oversight over the IBT!)

That is not correct, it would only be voted on differently.

I think the amendments will pass, but there will others and the delegates must be prepared to vote the conscience of their unit while there.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #1119
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
While I fully supported the Forrest amendment and urged the Committee to incorporate something of that nature. If you read the Revised Constitution you will note that all future actions of the IBT have to be ratified by the membership. It is called checks and balances.

I would hope that members would learn from history. In 1776 a bunch of guys got together in Philadelphia and wrote what has come to be regarded as the foremost Constitution on earth. Even thought there may have been questions and additions required they passed it and then amended it lest the whole thing go down to defeat in minor squabbling. There was a time limit on them and the greater good had to be accomplished lest the King could consider himself the winner.

Unlike the current Constitution there is a workable provision in the Revised Constitution for the membership to propose and follow through on amendments. There has be an organized attempt to defeat the Revision form a former disenfranchised IP. We should concentrate on suppressing that attempt and adoption the Revision rather than waste the limited time available at this years meeting and loosing everything.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #1120
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE

I would hope that members would learn from history. In 1776 a bunch of guys got together in Philadelphia and wrote what has come to be regarded as the foremost Constitution on earth. Even thought there may have been questions and additions required they passed it and then amended it lest the whole thing go down to defeat in minor squabbling. There was a time limit on them and the greater good had to be accomplished lest the King could consider himself the winner.
Omg

Tags
wbcci