Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #631
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I have not seen evidence that Barry has reauthorized the Constitutional Revision Committee. This special presidential committee (per Robert's Rules of Order) should have gone out of existence when the president that originally authorized it left office. Without a committee, it does not seem likely the IBT will reintroduce the amendment to throw out the old Constitution and replace it with a new one and new Bylaws, but you can never be sure what they are likely to do when they get together in the winter without all the members looking. If they do it, we will have to organize a campaign against its weaknesses.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #632
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Is it possible to attend the IBT meeting paying only the camping fee ( which is charged seperately) and not participate in the rally activities?? I assume they can not deny any member access to the meeting. I have considered going from time to time but don't really care about anything there other than the meeting itself.

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #633
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Yes you can go and there is a seminar section before the meetings at which mere members can stand up and say their mind on a particular subject, that is scheduled to be discussed. You are not allowed to speak during the IBT meetings. I know of several members that have gone once to tell the leaders what they thought.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #634
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
In response to my earlier post I got a PM that may be an interesting idea.

"How about we follow those before us that is currently going on down at Wall Street and Worldwide.
We picket Sedalia Event center and Occupy the venue. Thought I would mention it hear, and not on the forum for IBT to hear."

As for the actions of the current International President with respect to the New Constitution or anything requiring commitment the word coming from members of his home unit is that he will sit on the Throne unit his Ball is over

Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #635
3 Rivet Member

Ok... Here's my Question? Would you like future Rallies to be like the one on the top( Odd Motorhomes?) Or would you like to attend Rallys with rows and rows of Classic look Airstreams(picture on the bottom)? Think about this, we would lose our identity with all the other clubs!! I think we should continue the silver Classic Airstreams. Please pass this on to fellow club members!! Remember Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8620.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	142997   Click image for larger version

Name:	CSC_8915.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	142998  

Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
http://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
Old 10-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #636

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamhobo View Post
Ok... Here's my Question? Would you like future Rallies to be like the one on the top( Odd Motorhomes?) Or would you like to attend Rallys with rows and rows of Classic look Airstreams(picture on the bottom)? Think about this, we would lose our identity with all the other clubs!! I think we should continue the silver Classic Airstreams. Please pass this on to fellow club members!! Remember Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
Drop the "silver" part or you'll get opposition from us VAC Argosy members. I fully support keeping it to Airstream products (my trailer says "Argosy by Airstream right by the door, in case you wonder.)

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
Old 10-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #637
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Ok... Here's my Question? Would you like future Rallies to be like the one on the top( Odd Motorhomes?) Or would you like to attend Rallys with rows and rows of Classic look Airstreams(picture on the bottom)? Think about this, we would lose our identity with all the other clubs!! I think we should continue the Classic Airstreams. Please pass this on to fellow club members!! Remember Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
Ok!! I changed it!! But lets keep it Airstream!!!!
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
http://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
Old 10-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #638
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
No question which has more appeal and will draw new members.

Just to be clear, we welcome Airstream and Argosy Motorhomes!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #639
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
I have not seen evidence that Barry has reauthorized the Constitutional Revision Committee. This special presidential committee (per Robert's Rules of Order) should have gone out of existence when the president that originally authorized it left office. Without a committee, it does not seem likely the IBT will reintroduce the amendment to throw out the old Constitution and replace it with a new one and new Bylaws,
Dwight, the committee completed it's task, the Constitution will be up for vote at the next delegates meeting, that's on the record.
More over Barry H agreed to place it forward along with the rest of the EC.

We delivered a new set of Bylaws at that same time, thus we have no other task to work on. Although we are all actively working with the EC/IBT to keep it in front of them.

Those Bylaws will be adopted in some form or another at the Mid-winter.

So let's stop all the doom and gloom!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #640
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
I disagree, about one third the sites are Airstream, it is still thought of as an Airstream park by those who stay there.

If it was Airstream only it would have been out of biz a long time ago.
The sewer plant required cost over 1M, golf course cost about 100K to maintain a year.
It needs 90% occupancy to stay afloat, would I rather see all silver bullets, sure.

I don't think you can compare that to the club it self.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #641
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Slidell , Louisiana
After owning a AS Flying Cloud for a few years, and meeting a lot if wonderful people across this country both AS owners and owners of other RVs (dreaded SOBs?) I joined WBCCI at large recently. Then I stumbled upon this thread, read it ad nauseam, and have determined that maybe WBCCI is really just not for me. Wish i had read it earlier. I like my AS, but I don't and won't worship it, nor do I have any zealous loyalty to AS jackson or any intellectual elite heritage some seem think it has. My AS is not perfect, in fact the quality is really not as expected for the price. I have modified it with interior ductwork and insulation, added a receiver that works perfectly with no damage after almost 50,000 miles of hard use now, and have defiled it with other mods and will change the suspension to leaf springs in a few weeks to raise the trailer for practical reasons. But above all my AS is just a portable home on the road. I truly don't want to be an elitist RVer listening to arguing over who can and can not associate with me. This thread just screams all that I am not; and WBCCI wonders why membership has fallen over the years, me thinks its not the economy.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #642
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The Bylaws need to follow the rules set up in the Constitution. No mere member has seen the secret bylaws yet. I wonder how the IBT is going to adopt the new bylaws in January before the new constitution is approved? I would hope that the large loop holes in the new constitution, that was presented to the Units last spring, would be fixed as there is no hope of it being adopted in that form. Has a undesclosed section in the new constitution been added allowing SOB motorhomes into the club? I think that would be a real killer.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #643
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Unless Jackson Center sends the proposed Constitution Revision to the Units in preparation for their Business Meetings, their Delegates cannot vote on the change. The 2010 Delegates had instruction from their units. There has been no question posed and will be no direction to these delegates, unless it is presented for the Unit Business Meetings.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #644
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Jackson center is under no obligation to send out the new constitutional proposal until April of next year for the delegates' meeting and vote in June. We will really not know whether the EC7 and IBT will approve the motion to move forward until after the January 2012 meeting. I did not stick around for the July 5th IBT meeting this year so I am not sure that a formal vote was held to approve the new constitution proposal to move forward. Bob only said that a verbal agreement was made. The units must vote on the proposal at their spring business meeting. The model Unit constitution do not mandate a spring business meeting and that is a problem for those units that do not hold a spring business meeting giving their members a chance to vote.

Tags
wbcci