Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
so I said to myself... self I said...

I think I just talked myself into taking "Foiled Again" to P & S Trailer for a remodel. Now where will I live while that happens?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #44
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I think I just talked myself into taking "Foiled Again" to P & S Trailer for a remodel. Now where will I live while that happens?

Maybe you should rent a Motorhome. Just to try it out you see.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
We get it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk View Post
Maybe you should rent a Motorhome. Just to try it out you see.
So I don't pollute the other thread you posted on;
We get the MOHO thing, most of us would say we like Airstream motorhomes. What we don't want is the oldest single brand RV club filled with non-airstream products. I don't pick up on the "Motorhomes are horrible" thing on this thread as you stated in your post on the membership thread. This is an Airstream product vs a non-airstream product issue.
Just keeping things straight.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 11-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #46
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I'm one of the "solid against" for non-AS mohos in the WBCCI.

That said, a couple of the perspectives offered in this thread do make things a bit more complicated.

Ok, if AS were simply to stick an AS badge on somebody else's moho, I'd kick and scream. No dice.

But if AS buys an empty shell, completely does the interior and some exterior, and sells it as an AS, what then? It'd be kind of on par with the B-van, no?

I guess the question is not quite as black-and-white as I'd imagined it. And ultimately boils down to making fine distinctions on a scale: Just how much of the new moho must be of AS origin for us then to accept it into the club?

All I can say at this point is this: For me, it'd better be primarily an AS product. A whole lot of primarily.

Lynn
Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post

Ok, if AS were simply to stick an AS badge on somebody else's moho, I'd kick and scream. No dice.

But if AS buys an empty shell, completely does the interior and some exterior, and sells it as an AS, what then? It'd be kind of on par with the B-van, no?

Lynn
I agree, rebadge a Thor, no deal. Fill a shell with Airstream, title it as an Airstream and service available by Airstream its then all good.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post

That said, a couple of the perspectives offered in this thread do make things a bit more complicated.

Lynn
I agree completely with all of these statements.

I cannot imagine Airstream simply sticking their name onto someone else's motorhome product. Why on earth would they do that? It wouldn't be an Airstream.

As B-Van owners, we consider ourselves an Airstream, and that is the name on the front of our vehicle.

Maggie
Old 11-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
AS has little to say, THOR is the real mother ship and has all the power. If they choose to rebadge another Thor product as an AS we can like it or not. zz
Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
AS has little to say, THOR is the real mother ship and has all the power. If they choose to rebadge another Thor product as an AS we can like it or not. zz
Yes, you're right on this, but it still seems rather unfathomable to me that they would do this. It wouldn't be an Airstream.

Maggie
Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Not necessarily, each Thor division is run independently. Rebadging one division's product to another division also creates warranty issues.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 11-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Larry Huttle, at the Sugarcreek Rally.said they would take a partially finished motorhome and finish some of the interior at Jackson Center and sell it through the Airstream dealers with Airstream warrentee and service. They will do only if there were sufficient interest to be able to make it economically viable. He was not specific on just how many units it would take to make it worthwhile.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
18Is a magic number in one of the worlds great religions why not in Airstreaming also.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Ibt

There is an IBT meeting in Robeston, TX January 24-28. I am driving 1700 miles one way to represent Region 3's interest. I will vote on issues there the way my region has expressed their concerns to me. I would encouorage anyone that has a view on whatever subject to let your Region President know your views. I put my name and how to contact me on the region site and make no effort to hide it from anyone, but the number of communications I get regarding IBT issues are few and far between. The contact that I have had within Region 3 is that if it is an Airstream then we welcome it to the club. If not an Airstream then it belongs somewhere else. That is how I will vote on the issue unless directed to do otherwise. Contact your officers and let them know your feelings, you are the ones that elected them and they need to know your position.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Old 11-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Rick,

When will the meeting agenda and motions be available for the members to review? Other than the general comments and complaints about the club, the agenda will allow members to focus their comments on the business before the IBT.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
There is an IBT meeting in Robeston, TX January 24-28. I am driving 1700 miles one way to represent Region 3's interest. I will vote on issues there the way my region has expressed their concerns to me. I would encouorage anyone that has a view on whatever subject to let your Region President know your views. I put my name and how to contact me on the region site and make no effort to hide it from anyone, but the number of communications I get regarding IBT issues are few and far between. The contact that I have had within Region 3 is that if it is an Airstream then we welcome it to the club. If not an Airstream then it belongs somewhere else. That is how I will vote on the issue unless directed to do otherwise. Contact your officers and let them know your feelings, you are the ones that elected them and they need to know your position.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Oh they know, will it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
I wonder if Region 7 is listening to her membership? NO non-Airstreams, it is very simple.

59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Closed Thread

Tags
wbcci