Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #621
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Hey maybe they'll forget to send it out!

They have until spring I think April 1

Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #622
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
So we voted to soon. We had a lively discussion with all of it against Thor motor homes. From asking when Airstream was owned by Bertrices foods could we be members if we brought Best Foods Mayonnaise. Our members want to keep the WBCCI an Airstream club, that is why they joined.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Old 10-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #623
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Per the Region 5 President at this weekend's rally, the IBT has not made a firm amendment yet but is likely to issue one at their January meeting. This will be forwarded to the units in April for the units to vote on. We had a brief discussion at our business meeting and I expressed my opposition to it. There were 3 motorhomes at the rally and 12 trailers. I think I can convince the members at the spring rally that it is a bad idea. Setting up a special class of membership that does not have to obey the "Airstream" criteria is not sensible.

However, special interest groups were able to approve the Prohibition amendment and impose their will on the total US population for 13 years. The "drys" in WBCCI still have the no alcohol rule in the club's rules, although Wally was a drinker.

Do not put anything past what they may try. We need make sure all the members see the downsides in the amendment to make sure they do not sneak it through. Apathy is on their side and they control the Blue Beret.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #624
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
The "drys" in WBCCI still have the no alcohol rule in the club's rules, although Wally was a drinker.
I have never seen any mention of this in the club's constitution or bylaws. It may exist at some local levels, but I can assure you it does not exist for all units.

I have found that rallies that are held at county fairgrounds and other such locations may restrict the consumption of alcohol, but this is a restriction put in place because of the rules of the fairgrounds.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #625
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
So we voted to soon. We had a lively discussion with all of it against Thor motor homes. From asking when Airstream was owned by Bertrices foods could we be members if we brought Best Foods Mayonnaise. Our members want to keep the WBCCI an Airstream club, that is why they joined.
Maybe the Oregon vote should be regarded as the first WARNING shot. Of course the idea of them backing off on bringing forward the motion would be wish full thinking
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #626
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Per the Region 5 President at this weekend's rally, the IBT has not made a firm amendment yet but is likely to issue one at their January meeting. This will be forwarded to the units in April for the units to vote on. We had a brief discussion at our business meeting and I expressed my opposition to it. There were 3 motorhomes at the rally and 12 trailers. I think I can convince the members at the spring rally that it is a bad idea. Setting up a special class of membership that does not have to obey the "Airstream" criteria is not sensible.

However, special interest groups were able to approve the Prohibition amendment and impose their will on the total US population for 13 years. The "drys" in WBCCI still have the no alcohol rule in the club's rules, although Wally was a drinker.

Do not put anything past what they may try. We need make sure all the members see the downsides in the amendment to make sure they do not sneak it through. Apathy is on their side and they control the Blue Beret.
Thanks for the update Dwight. I seem to remember now from the last simulcast that they said it was subject to amendment along the way. I expect they will delay the information as late as absolutely possible, as they have done in past stratagem and maybe even after the April 1 deadline. It isn't as if they could be held accountable for any off the cuff variance as we well know. I agree that apathy is and has always been on their side. Controlling the Blue Beret content, aggressive censoring then ultimately shutting down the members forum, and eliminating or restricting those that are most focal for change in representation, equality and fairness, has all worked to their advantage, with the exception of declining membership of the quantity while refining and defining the quality members that endure. My unit has had no vote or discussion nor meeting scheduled, only a recent call for dues. I am not holding out a lot of hope that the majority of members care what the IBT does. I think most are merely resigned to accept or merely ignore leaderships' mandates, just as if no one ever even tried to make a difference, yeah whipped.

photography
Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #627
Rivet Master

Perhaps only when the "silent or apathetic" end up parking next to a NON-Airstream Class A at a rally will they begin to cry. "Why was I not informed??" Stuff like this had happened before!!
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #628
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Within the club leadership, at all levels, is responsible for who gets informed and how. If the top leadership would use "Constant Contact" more, then we would not need to worry about whether the word gets filtered out by the intermediate Region and local leaders as it it is being passed down the food chain. The hard copy, Blue Beret, is controlled by top level leaders and they will publish only what they want to get out, but gets to all members, who are in a fixed location or get their forth class mail forwarded.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #629
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Are we going to continue to talk to ourselves or are we going to do something?

There are some 25 or 30 members posting to this thread all of which have stated their convictions against the presence of none Airstream MH in the Club. If we continue at this rate we are doing no more than spinning our wheels.

If there is not a concerted effort beyond what has been done so far we have all but thrown in the towel. Having taken a lot of criticism for my past efforts to curtain the actions of the Leadership I am not the one to organize the fight. However I do have the e mail list for 2/3 of the membership and I am willing to work with anyone interested in leading the assault.

It is time to start to inform the general membership on this issue and the Denver Amendment because all too many unit officers are not.

PM me if you have an idea.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #630
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I think it would be too early to do a concerted effort on the MoHo issue. Once there is a motion that is to go before the delegates then it is time for that effort. I suspect that motion will likely appear at the mid winter meeting.

The constitutional amendment is the hot item right now.
If your unit has not brought it up ASK WHY.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #631
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I have not seen evidence that Barry has reauthorized the Constitutional Revision Committee. This special presidential committee (per Robert's Rules of Order) should have gone out of existence when the president that originally authorized it left office. Without a committee, it does not seem likely the IBT will reintroduce the amendment to throw out the old Constitution and replace it with a new one and new Bylaws, but you can never be sure what they are likely to do when they get together in the winter without all the members looking. If they do it, we will have to organize a campaign against its weaknesses.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #632
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Is it possible to attend the IBT meeting paying only the camping fee ( which is charged seperately) and not participate in the rally activities?? I assume they can not deny any member access to the meeting. I have considered going from time to time but don't really care about anything there other than the meeting itself.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #633
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Yes you can go and there is a seminar section before the meetings at which mere members can stand up and say their mind on a particular subject, that is scheduled to be discussed. You are not allowed to speak during the IBT meetings. I know of several members that have gone once to tell the leaders what they thought.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #634
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
In response to my earlier post I got a PM that may be an interesting idea.

"How about we follow those before us that is currently going on down at Wall Street and Worldwide.
We picket Sedalia Event center and Occupy the venue. Thought I would mention it hear, and not on the forum for IBT to hear."

As for the actions of the current International President with respect to the New Constitution or anything requiring commitment the word coming from members of his home unit is that he will sit on the Throne unit his Ball is over

Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #635
3 Rivet Member

Ok... Here's my Question? Would you like future Rallies to be like the one on the top( Odd Motorhomes?) Or would you like to attend Rallys with rows and rows of Classic look Airstreams(picture on the bottom)? Think about this, we would lose our identity with all the other clubs!! I think we should continue the silver Classic Airstreams. Please pass this on to fellow club members!! Remember Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8620.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	142997   Click image for larger version

Name:	CSC_8915.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	142998  

Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
https://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
Old 10-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #636

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamhobo View Post
Ok... Here's my Question? Would you like future Rallies to be like the one on the top( Odd Motorhomes?) Or would you like to attend Rallys with rows and rows of Classic look Airstreams(picture on the bottom)? Think about this, we would lose our identity with all the other clubs!! I think we should continue the silver Classic Airstreams. Please pass this on to fellow club members!! Remember Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
Drop the "silver" part or you'll get opposition from us VAC Argosy members. I fully support keeping it to Airstream products (my trailer says "Argosy by Airstream right by the door, in case you wonder.)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #637
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Ok... Here's my Question? Would you like future Rallies to be like the one on the top( Odd Motorhomes?) Or would you like to attend Rallys with rows and rows of Classic look Airstreams(picture on the bottom)? Think about this, we would lose our identity with all the other clubs!! I think we should continue the Classic Airstreams. Please pass this on to fellow club members!! Remember Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
Ok!! I changed it!! But lets keep it Airstream!!!!
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
https://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #638
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
No question which has more appeal and will draw new members.

Just to be clear, we welcome Airstream and Argosy Motorhomes!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #639
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
I have not seen evidence that Barry has reauthorized the Constitutional Revision Committee. This special presidential committee (per Robert's Rules of Order) should have gone out of existence when the president that originally authorized it left office. Without a committee, it does not seem likely the IBT will reintroduce the amendment to throw out the old Constitution and replace it with a new one and new Bylaws,
Dwight, the committee completed it's task, the Constitution will be up for vote at the next delegates meeting, that's on the record.
More over Barry H agreed to place it forward along with the rest of the EC.

We delivered a new set of Bylaws at that same time, thus we have no other task to work on. Although we are all actively working with the EC/IBT to keep it in front of them.

Those Bylaws will be adopted in some form or another at the Mid-winter.

So let's stop all the doom and gloom!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #640
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Travelers Rest in Dade City, Florida, ask any old timer Airstreamer and ask them how they feel today with their new look. It ain't an Airstream Park anymore.
I disagree, about one third the sites are Airstream, it is still thought of as an Airstream park by those who stay there.

If it was Airstream only it would have been out of biz a long time ago.
The sewer plant required cost over 1M, golf course cost about 100K to maintain a year.
It needs 90% occupancy to stay afloat, would I rather see all silver bullets, sure.

I don't think you can compare that to the club it self.

Closed Thread

Tags
wbcci