If anyone wishes to discuss any MOHO or Revision issues
an alternative is here

Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #352
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Isn't It Ironic?

YouTube - ‪Alanis Morissette - Ironic‬‏

How many hours, emotions, energies, have we all spent following current WBCCI issues? How many of us have been pitted in opposition against each other? What about the sacrifice of time and blood sweat and tears of those working diligently towards change? And get this...my unit isn't even bothering to have a business meeting, discussion, vote or even gives a good shake about any of it. How's that for comupence? In fact I can't even raise members from the internet from the newest virtual unit.

Maybe Paul is right. Should we just stop thrashing about and lie down and be done with it? What do you and gail think Leo?

Someone has told me I have said nothing nice or positive about the EC7, well here it is, please listen up and take notice, they have perseverence.

Just what do you get when we pay our dues these days, another dollar poorer and deeper in debt? Do you think the shrewd can become gratified when the hopeful become hopeless? Is the victory hollow?

Oh and just in case I forget to ask further down the line, what constitutes a rant or rudeness that is allowed to bremain posted but inappropriate enough to have a thread locked down. It can get very confusing trying to figure out which is the straw that breaks the ever morphing camel's back?

photography
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #353
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Carol,

R U not with the Nova unit?

They were at the Reg 4 Rally, two days of two + hours each for discussion.

Guess you missed it

Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #354
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post

How many hours, emotions, energies, have I spent following WBCCI issues? How many of us have been pitted in opposition against each other? And my unit isn't even having a business meeting discussion or vote or give a good shake about any of it. In fact I can't even raise a member from the internet from the virtual unit.
I suspect you are not alone. The TN unit called an unscheduled meeting during the state rally a couple months ago, No one not at the state rally, and a lot of them who were there never even knew about it. No discussion of the issues at all at the meeting.

I later received an e mail ballot with the files of the new constitution package attached. ( which I had provided the unit prez with).. No additional info just vote for or against.. No problem here since I have followed this but I have since talked to other members that were totally confused by the whole thing and one that was concerned it would let SOB motorhomes in. ( see I am on topic)
I had thought of joining the virtual unit as my voting unit next year but it looks like that is not the way to go either.
I suspect most members and many unit officers don't care as long as no one takes away their joker board.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #355
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Rick,

Yep the delegate system works well it may get us the MOHO, if we did a IMIV after a caucus it would not happen.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #356
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Carol,

R U not with the Nova unit?

They were at the Reg 4 Rally, two days of two + hours each for discussion.

Guess you missed it
Well duh if you didn't see me of course I missed it, but is that the way business should be conducted within the club? I guess a lot of members will just "miss it" when there are those that decide those that count are present. That is where I came in many years ago finding out my unit even held business meetings when they told me I didn't need to bother to sit in. I recieved no notification of any business meeting or any posts on the Nova forum for MONTHS with the single exception of the delegate who also wonders how he will know the instructions of the unit without communication or any e-mails. Nor would I expect to have to travel to participate in a virtual internet unit, as represented. Correct me if I am wrong but business meetings are to be announced ahead of time for all unit members to participate. I also don't think listening to others speak at a region rally constitutes a unit's business meeting.

Yup Rick it sounds like my experience is similar to yours. I have many posts for discussion with the aid of Richard's and Matt's amendments and not one single comment in reply. I was never able to even begin a discussion with a unit member other than our delegate.

I paid my dues to have a part in the WBCCI and this year I was definitely shortchanged. It is what it is. One either gets what they expect or they move along.

photography
Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #357
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Looks like our unit will be going over the constitutional amendments on June 12th. I think the motorhome issue may also be brought up. I don't know that we have any motorhomes in our unit presently. Thanks Dan for calling the meeting.

June 1, 2011 Please be notified that I am calling for a business meeting for the discussion of direction for our delegate to the WBCCI International Meeting.

I encourage our membership to review the proposed constitutional amendments found at http://www.wbcci.org//documents/Dele...ry-3column.pdf prior to our meeting.

UNLESS NOTIFIED OTHERWISE, this meeting will be held in the private chat room for NOVA on Airforums.

This meeting will begin at 8 pm EST on Sunday, June 12 2011

photography
Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #358
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Interesting. Our constitution requires 30 days advance notice for a Business Meeting.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #359
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
Interesting. Our constitution requires 30 days advance notice for a Business Meeting.
I wonder if that is a standard in all unit constitution, in which case our impromptu unit meeting called at the state rally would not count as a business meeting. Aren't units required to hold a certain number of meetings per year??

If that is the case we haven't had a meeting in over a year
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #360
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If I were the Delegate, I would like any feedback I can get.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #361
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
I wonder if that is a standard in all unit constitution, in which case our impromptu unit meeting called at the state rally would not count as a business meeting. Aren't units required to hold a certain number of meetings per year??

If that is the case we haven't had a meeting in over a year
Our unit constitution calls for a 15 day advance notice of business meetings. Notice is given in the monthly unit newsletter, which is actually published more or less on schedule!

However I am familiar with the workings of another unit whose newsletter is published aperiodically, and I don't remember ever seeing notice of a business meeting. In fairness, they only hold two rallies a year, so the members know the two business meetings will be at the two rallies.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #362
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Our unit is 15 days, we have two biz meetings or more if needed.

The one that Carol is stating may be fine if that units bylaws are written like that, but chances are they used the pro-forma.

But it's not worth splitting hairs over a few days, they do not meet in person anyway.

*ARTICLE VI
UNIT BUSINESS MEETINGS
Sec. 1 The annual business meeting of the Unit shall be held during the month of _____________ (usually one of the Fall months). Additional business meetings may be held during any rally of the Unit, and also may be called at any time by a majority vote of the Executive Board. The date, time, location and purpose of all Unit business meetings shall be announced to the members in writing at least fifteen days prior to the meeting. A quorum for conducting business at any business meeting shall be not less than ________ percent of the membership. (Normally 10-15%) (1/19/07)

Old 06-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #363
Rivet Master

"Yep the delegate system works well it may get us the MOHO, if we did a IMIV after a caucus it would not happen."

I think you maybe 180 degrees out on this one. The people who really don't care, won't care whats happening at a MOHO Caucus meeting and will choose not to even provide feedback, vote, etc....

Only those that will be "pushing" for the MOHO will care to show up in real numbers and make sure any and every vote is cast for the MOHO amendment.

Which if you have fewer people casting votes, it will be far easier to get the MOHO amendment through the system.

By allowing THOR MOHO, it will open up the WBCCI to many more possible members and allow us to retain the WBCCI Leadership who has created all the great Special Committees that have tried to help grow the club!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #364
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post

*ARTICLE VI
UNIT BUSINESS MEETINGS
and also may be called at any time by a majority vote of the Executive Board. The date, time, location and purpose of all Unit business meetings shall be announced to the members in writing at least fifteen days prior to the meeting.
Does this mean that although they can call a meeting at any time they still must provide XX notice?

I would interpret this as meaning a unit could not announce at breakfast at a state rally that they were having a UNIT meeting at 2 PM and count it as one of the required business meetings???

I have requested a copy of our unit constitution but suspect it is the usual boiler plate.

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Closed Thread

Tags
wbcci