Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #337
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
To get this thread back on track.

Teresa,

Thank you for your information on the Motorhome committee. I have already emailed the IP, all IVPs, my region president and unit president stating my opposition to the newest motorhome committee. I have heard back from three. One stated that he had already heard from several members, but did not state whether those members approved or disapproved of the motion.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #338
Rivet Master

We need MOHO's

Many WBCCI members like some on the MOHO Special Committee for the inclusion of THOR MOHO products into the club think until the fat lady sings no body knows how any vote will go because some of those that don't fully understand it may not at first blush want it. But, if the Committee had the chance to explain it in long hand they would get it!

Evidently this must be something the membership wants badly because this is now the third time it’s come-up since 2007. The membership is asking for this much like they did to “Revise the Constitution”.

One can only hope there will be many delegates, the 7 committee members and the IP (that asked for this report)( that get it) to be at the International meeting before the meetings to debate the pros/cons of including THOR MOHO’s into the club to those that do not yet get it!

I'm sure there are going to a bunch that are closed minded that will never be convinced.

Like others in leadership, some want to move up to a MOHO because either they can’t or do not want to pull a trailer anymore. By not allowing these member to purchase any THOR MOHO and allow them full voting/holding Unit/Region/IBT office privileges is just not right.

We can only hope some Delegate will stand up at the Delegates Meeting and make a motion to “INCLUDE” the ownership of any THOR MOHO into the “New Constitution”. We need to include these products NOW to stop members from leaving the club. The Special Committee’s has asked for it, it’s now time to give it to them.

Support your Special Committee’s and vote YES for everyone of them has ever asked for!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 AM   #339
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Paul your tongue in cheek humor is very entertaining to your little group of naysayers.

But how about getting serious for once and cut it out.

Just to be clear the revision committee never supported the MOHO issue, we left the eligibility in tact to prohibit them.

If you know who was not in favor of the MOHO committee you guys wouldn't be so concerned.

since this issue is a super hot red button issue it should not be taken thru the back door as an amendment to the revision but be sent out to the units for discussion.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #340
Rivet Master

Bob,

Not trying to be entertaining, being 100% honest!

I will go on the record right now,

"I AM 100% IN FAVOR OF THOR MOHO IN THE WBCCI AND FEEL IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED INTO THE NEW CONSTITUTION"

I have no problem with them in the club. I ony wish we could have the "NAME CHANGE" done through an amendment to the New Constitution as well.

If we are going to screw this club up, let's do it right! By doing all the Special Committee things at one time, it's a clean cut, GET-R-DONE approach. With a new name attached, we can at least say the WBCCI was the WBCCI until 2011.

The WBCCI then changed their Constitution, added THOR MOHO and Changed their name!

Quit being a "NAYSAYER" about the THOR MOHO.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #341
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Does anyone know which units were in favor of the MOHO change the last go around?

Old 05-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #342
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
No, not one conference call or go to meeting, just one sided e-mails stating opinions. I asked about conference calls and I was told that this was the way it was done. Next time it will be different. like I said my husband could hardly live with me those days. Leo, I would have worked for a survey but I just didn't think of it. Maybe as a committee member I can put one together and send to members. Your always have good ideas except you call leadership insulting names and I don't like that.
And if this passes the first thor Motor home that becomes President of a unit, region or International I'm done and maybe the whole Oregon Unit , the fasting growing unit in the club, we don't need the club, we just like the idea of belonging to an Airstream only Iconic trailer club.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Old 05-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #343
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
The WBCCI has a little used account with constant contact. While I haven't used it myself it looks like constant contact does have some survey capabilities. Possibly something could be worked out with Jackson Center to do some surveys In fact it appears that the cost of the service is low enough an individual could afford to put together a survey if they could get their hands on an appropriate mailing list.
I would bet it is unlikely the upper echelon of the club would get behind a survey on this subject because they already know the answer.
Online Surveys Overview - Constant Contact.

Recently the VAC has sent out several surveys trying to get a feel for what the members want.
Always struck me funny that the guys with the old trailers seem to make the best use of new technology
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #344
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Paul your tongue in cheek humor is very entertaining to your little group of naysayers.
You rarely miss a chance to belittle and mischaracterize those you disagree with.

Constitution issues are migrating here like a virus and eventually this thread will be closed. Where next?

I thought the discussion about what is an Airstream and what is not to be interesting.

Gene
Old 05-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #345
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Rich

The E Mail list will appear if someone requests it.

The user will most likely get a letter from the Clubs lawyer but it is not worth the paper it will be written on. Members have the right ot communicate with fellow members as stated on page 2 of the Directory.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #346
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
No, not one conference call or go to meeting, just one sided e-mails stating opinions. I asked about conference calls and I was told that this was the way it was done.
That is not the way it should have be done.

Why is it that the Revision committee had almost weekly conference calls.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #347
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
"I AM 100% IN FAVOR OF THOR MOHO IN THE WBCCI AND FEEL IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED INTO THE NEW CONSTITUTION"
Paul I have been away for a few days and may be missing something here.

Your 100% stand behind the inclusion of none Airstream Motor Homes and the feeling that should be a part of the New Constitution seams to be a 180 degree move from your past position contained in your older signature of just Vote No on the Revised Constitution or any changes to it.

If you are 100% behind the MH issue what % do you now apply to the Revised Constitution?

I am 100% against the Thor MHs in any presentation and 100% for the Revised Constitution.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #348
Rivet Master

ALL or NOTHING

Howie,

I’ll state again,

"I AM 100% IN FAVOR OF THOR MOHO IN THE WBCCI AND FEEL IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED INTO THE NEW CONSTITUTION AS WELL AS A NAME CHANGE”

I wish the people that support all these different things get what they wish for all at one time in the New Constitution! I’m tired of the leadership always screwing up this club, chasing off membership, etc... With these “Special Committees” and I mean “ALL” of them.

How many left the club because of the Name Change a few years back?

How many left the club because of the MOHO issue a few years back?

How many have now left the club because of the New Constitution talks already?

How many more will leave if it passes?

(I know, I’m maybe out if it does, which I’m sure will make some happy, which I don’t really care or I might stay just to PO people)

If you’re going to screw it up, Do it Right!

Pass them all and be done with it.

Some people just can not leave stuff alone, always got to be changing it. If you or anyone else for one minute think this MOHO, New Constitution or even a Name Change is going to fix the problem with this club, you’re on drugs. And this BS about, oh we had to change the Constitution so we could change the ‘Bylaws” is just that “BS”.

So I say again,

PLEASE ADD THE THOR MOHO, NAME CHANGE TO THE NEW CONSTITUTION!!! VOTE THEM ALL IN AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!

If you can’t pass all, don’t pass any.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #349

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
...Constitution issues are migrating here like a virus...
<<Mod Mode>>

Unfortunately this is true and while the constitution issue is related to the thread topic, the rants and rude posts are not.

The staff does not wish to intervene on the WBCCI issues. On the contrary, we sincerely want you all to be able to freely and productively contribute to such subjects.

The WBCCI New Constitution thread is in the cool down area. Let's not run this one into the ground.

How about some community rules compliance please?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

On behalf of the site team.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #350
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
I see the moho thread going the way of the const one. The mods shut the whole thread down instead of blocking a few rules violators, leaving people who want or need info about the thread hanging. jim

Tags
wbcci