Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #295
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Reductionism

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
I've been lusting after some of the vintage ones for some time now. The motorhomes, not the people.

Lynn
I've seen some pretty lusty vintage people too, but it seems they are usually not in motorhomes. I think the progression is backpacking, tent camping via truck, popup or truck camper, trailer, motorhome, hearse. Sounds like you are getting to the next to last stage. We'll miss you.

Gene

Old 05-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #296
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Perhaps the officers will realize that the WBCCI is NOT the only Airstream game in town before it is too late.
The officers don't care WBCCI is not the only Airstream game in town. They can't rid themselves fast enough of members who would be effective in advocating and implimenting sweeping changes that might endanger and upset their apple cart, or motorhome or what have you. It is the only game in town where they are the big wigs and enjoy many perks and they will fight to retain their leadership. If all the members leave they will still be traveling with their friends with control of the club, international and mid-winter soirees and the treasury. In fact the more that leave the less trouble they will have getting their agendas pushed through and the less criticism they will have to deal with. Game is only over to them when their play ends and it becomes someone else's turn and much is done to pull in and pass off the baton to only the appropriate successors and recommended candidates. We as a club of general members have lost much leverage with the dissolution of the law suit and stand to lose all leverage in bargaining as set out in the revision constitution with the dissolution of the delegates system. We must be vigilant and consider our decisions very judiciously.

Loved the scooter video AZ Streamer and Gene your stages of life remark is sooo funny, but kinda rings true. I was just talking to DH about the convenience of a b-van, guess my time is running out.

Another thing that will not happen is that SOB owners will flock to join the remnant of displaced Airstreamers in a has been single brand club that offers little to new members in the way of fun, friendship and adventure at the international level. I'm with Sal on the point that Good Sam does an all brand rv club much much better and for less!

Nope, leadership is definitely coasting and spending down the club's assets in their farewell tours of duty. They are content to get what they can while the getting is still good enough to suit themselves, even if the glory days and cash cow is getting leaner.

photography
Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #297
Rivet Master

"SaveWhat?"

It’s going to happen, sooner or later. Many of the folks that fought it last time are no longer with the club or are in a position where it is tough for them to fight it or are just tired of fighting period.

“SaveWally” is now “SaveWhat?”, “Defend Wally” is now, well don’t get me started, members have left the club who were against it last time, so who’s going to be the ones to stand up and rally the troops?

I know, I’m personally tired of fighting with these “Special Committee” folks that are always trying to fix the club with some new amendment to the WBCCI Constitution to the point now the heck with amending the old one, we’ll just replace it with a New Constitution! Just put every one of the “Special Committee” wants into the "New Constitution" from MOHO, Name Change to killing off the delegates vote it into place and be done with it. Afterwards, those that want to stay belonging to the Airstream Owners Bla Bla Club, with THOR MOHO’s on both sides of them creating even newer rules through a Member Caucus voting on their issues via DMV (Direct Member Voting) will have all the fun they can stand, all 40 of them.

I say, let them enjoy their new found club, friends and MOHO’s

This time around I’m rolling over and playing dead on the issues with them.

YouTube - ‪opossum playing dead #3‬‏

Instead of spending a bunch of time writing emails to the IBT/EC7, going to Perry, GA and standing up to them, getting the word out to other Units, etc… I’m hosting a Caravan up Historic Rt.11, hosting a boondocking rally, hosting a balloon rally, etc… all of which are “Non-WBCCI” events!

If Wally Byam taught me anything, reading about him taught me one thing, you don’t need to be a member of the WBCCI to enjoy your Airstream product.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #298
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
No non-Airstreams!
Hi, Matt,

Earlier in the now-locked "revised constitution" thread you laid out a number of necessary amendments to the revised constitution that would cause you to vote your unit's large number of votes in favor of the revised constitution.

So now, if the motor home amendment, as proposed by the Motor Home Committee, is incorporated in the revised constitution, are you saying your unit will vote against adoption of the revised constitution? (I hope so!)
Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #299
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Is the motor home motion coming before the delegates this summer or must it pass the IBT and then be presented to the delegates or member caucus?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Hi, Matt,

Earlier in the now-locked "revised constitution" thread you laid out a number of necessary amendments to the revised constitution that would cause you to vote your unit's large number of votes in favor of the revised constitution.

So now, if the motor home amendment, as proposed by the Motor Home Committee, is incorporated in the revised constitution, are you saying your unit will vote against adoption of the revised constitution? (I hope so!)
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #300
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Is the motor home motion coming before the delegates this summer or must it pass the IBT and then be presented to the delegates or member caucus?
Who knows? The Delegates Meeting is deuces wild. Any delegate can introduce any amendment he wants.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #301
Rivet Master

Bill,

"Normally" all proposed amendments must be into HQ, CBL etc.. back in the March time frame and out to the Units by April 1. Remember, this was "ONLY" another "Special Committe" report. Under the normal guidelines it should not come up for a vote. But as Nuvite-F said, all bets are off at the delegates meeting.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #302
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
If I understand you, it is possible to make the motor home motion part of the revised constitution and passed this June.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Bill,

"Normally" all proposed amendments must be into HQ, CBL etc.. back in the March time frame and out to the Units by April 1. Remember, this was "ONLY" another "Special Committe" report. Under the normal guidelines it should not come up for a vote. But as Nuvite-F said, all bets are off at the delegates meeting.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #303
Rivet Master

You know it man!

All it will take is during the voting of that area of the New Constitution for a Delegate to get up and say, "I'd like to put forth a motion to amend it to read "BLA,BLA,BLA" then a second Delegate rise up and say "I second that motion" and the voting is on!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #304
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
And they only need a simple majority to pass the amendment.

Of course, at the end of the day they still need to get a 2/3 majority of the delegates to adopt the revised constitution containing that poison pill.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #305
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
...... You can put up with feckless leadership when you can't be bothered to pay any attention to them ... The only real change that has gone on at the top is that the truly feckless have been bringing in both the dishonest and the devious to help fill out their ranks...
__
I've seen you label the IBT as "feckless" before, but have often wondered how you mean it. Here's the entry (www.thesaurus.com) for the term:

Quote:
Main Entry: feckless
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: without purpose
Synonyms: aimless, carefree, careless, feeble, fustian, futile, good-for-nothing, hopeless, incautious, incompetent, ineffective, ineffectual, irresponsible, meaningless, reckless, shiftless, uncareful, useless, weak, wild, worthless
Notes: feckless means ineffective or having no real worth or purpose
Old 05-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #306
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Usually it's definition tends more toward the end of being ineffective, without purpose or value, kind of like Pres. Grover Cleveland. In fact, I'd say that they're being quite effective in achieving their goals, or at least appear to be, assuming that the goals ascribed to them here are, in fact, what they want to achieve. Anything but feckless.

Lynn
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #307
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
I wonder what the results of a THOR Class A motor home effort might be without a delegate system? Members left to direct voting, or no voting at all. Ha! Way too funny isn't it?

__
If the previous vote in 2007 was 60% against the SOB motorhome amendment, then without delegates there will likely be enough of a drop due to non manditory delegate attendence and the lack of unit numbers represented along with a drop in voting members participating through direct member voting (i.e. concerned members) and enough of the "quality" members being in attendence and at greater proportion at the proposed International caucus to tip that margin and swing the results.

photography
Old 05-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #308
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Kind of hard to predict, Carol. I'd want to look back to see what the then-current status of the proposed constitution is, but that thread has been closed, at least for now, thanks to the "overexuberance" of some of our contributing Airforums members.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
If the previous vote in 2007 was 60% against the SOB motorhome amendment, then without delegates there will likely be enough of a drop in attendence and direct voting members and enough of the "quality" members being in attendence at the proposed International caucus to tip that margin and swing the subsequent vote, don't you think?

Tags
wbcci