Old 10-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
Pretty obvious to me...people are beating a dead horse.

Shari
It's happening again, in this thread

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Janet,

I can understand how you (the mods) must feel. There have been posts from different folks asking for the same thing over and over, with others giving the same answers over and over.

I can understand how some people get tired and would complain (though nothing makes them read those threads, it is done “by choice”) about the seeing the same folks go at each other over the same flight over and over.

With that said, if someone was to start a “new thread” about needed changes in the WBCCI, or problems they have with the WBCCI, the response from some would be there is a committee that has been formed to deal with the problems and all will be fixed over the winter. Then the response back from those who started the thread would be, that’s what has happened in the past and nothing ever happens or comes from it. That person or people would be told they’re wrong and don’t know what they’re talking about, etc.. etc.. etc..

So, if you really think about, there’s no real reason to even start a WBCCI thread about anything from now until the mid-winter IBT because of the known response. Pick a subject, any subject, and it will be the same response from a few (very few) that those who are complaining about the WBCCI don’t know what they are talking about.

To some degree, you might as well remove the whole WBCCI area other than rallies area until after the mid-winter IBT meeting!

Can you or anyone else think of a WBCCI subject that “won’t” get the same response from a few?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I was glad the lawsuit thread was closed because I was reading it out of curiosity about what looniness might show up next and couldn't stop myself. It was like an intervention.

Gene
Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I was glad the lawsuit thread was closed because I was reading it out of curiosity about what looniness might show up next and couldn't stop myself. It was like an intervention.

Gene
Funny, even I almost feel the same way. The looniest thing I've done this year was waste $500 on a donation...which on second thought I should have donated to the Forums... which is a better "Airstream Camping Resource".

Paula
Old 10-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
I take offense to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Maybe the mods got tired of the same things being said over and over, seemingly mostly by currently non-members of the WBCCI. zz
Hi, I'm a member of "AIR FORUMS" [not WBCCI] and if I want to comment or express my opinion on these WBCCI threads I should be able to. Or if you don't want non-members involved in you [fights] discussions, then WBCCI needs to have their own, "member only" forum. What I would really like to read about in regards to the WBCCI is about great outings, get togethers, and Airstreams Etc. If all of the WBCCI threads have to be about bickering, then they should all be closed, or as I stated, WBCCI needs to have their own forum. That's my opinion, have a nice day.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
The looniest thing I've done this year was waste $500 on a donation.
Paula
It wasn't craziness, Paula--it was desperation. I know the feeling.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Bob, non members can participate in these threads. The ones that have never been a member and are looking at the situation from the outside using info from the recent nonmembers are not really getting the whole story. This adds to the repetition and sometimes misinformation posted by the currently nonmember block. The truth is out there, be patient my friend. zz
Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #22
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Here is an idea

Have an online store where you can buy tokens that let you post on WBCCI threads. The more you post, the more you pay. It would slow down the rate of posting and make Andy a killing

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Thanks Janet,

For the explanation, however with all the discussions about Law suits concerning the WBCCI and all the crap that has been posted by those for and against, shutting down all the posts at the same time becomes highly suspect. Good thing to know it was not intentional!

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of hate and discontent coming from the top of the that so called club of Fun Fellowship and Adventure! Good organizations have good leadership. Poor organizations have poor leadership, so if the membership has a gripe, and they do, you will see it here because that poor organization was tired of hearing the truth on their own forums and rather than deal with it, they shut it down! Poor leadership grows its own in the same vein so the entire organization gets contaminated and the hate and discontent goes all the way down. I've seen and experienced it first hand. I hope that Airforums does not take the same track, shutting down its sub forum either intentionally or by mistake!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Question Fbi?

In the November International President's newsletter, in reference to the closing of the WBCCI's own forums, the IP says,
Quote:
I have learned that individuals on various forums have let differences of opinion and honest disagreements lead to personal online attacks, involving alleged harassment, internet stalking, and even an FBI investigation. These are issues that Charlie Burke and others on the Committee were unable to correct, and the situation is not something that WBCCI needs to be associated with.
Anybody know what that's all about?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Smile The repetative argument continues once more!

[quote]
"Recent Message from the IP"
I have learned that individuals on various forums have let differences of opinion and honest disagreements lead to personal online attacks, involving alleged harassment, internet stalking, and even an FBI investigation. These are issues that Charlie Burke and others on the Committee were unable to correct, and the situation is not something that WBCCI needs to be associated with.
Anybody know what that's all about? [quote]

It's called distancing yourself from a politcal fiasco when your guilty, instead of dealing with the situation first hand! Politicians do it all the time, just look at the national elections going on right now. Just flavor it and step back to watch the result then add more crap to season it to your liking!

I'm sorry for those who may be offended by this position but all this is about integrety and an organization who's rules are no longer serving those members who must participate by them. Doesn't matter that this is a recreational organization, when rules discriminate and give unfair advantage to a certain class of membership then they need to be changed.

The catch 22 is you have to be part of the system to change it and you can't get there because they decide who is "right" for the job! No outsider will ever penetrate this to bring change and most members just concentrate on their local group, which seals the clubs fate! There are two ways to change it and both lead to bankruptcy. Bring suit or leave! We tried the first and it appears some don't have the stomach for it, so leave it and find some other way to enjoy your Airstream. So we have!

I would be thrilled to camp with anyone who wants to enjoy what Airstreams have to offer, mobility, security, and comfort! Leave your politics behind and I will promise to try real hard but forgive me if I slip, happy hour has a strange way of loosening my tongue!

Old 11-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
In the November International President's newsletter, in reference to the closing of the WBCCI's own forums, the IP says,
Anybody know what that's all about?
I have heard rumors of some of the mentioned items for well over a year.

If I were to make a flat out guess, It would be none of these alleged happenings would be have taken place had the forum in question been under the total control of the club. If you used the forum you could draw your own conclusions
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
If I were to make a flat out guess, It would be none of these alleged happenings would be have taken place had the forum in question been under the total control of the club. If you used the forum you could draw your own conclusions
I never signed up for the new, improved WBCCI forum because I had seen enough of Charlie B's moderating style on a thread or two of the old, unimproved WBCCI forum.

But I think I get your drift. . .