Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
We did give away memberships for a couple of years. We sent out magazines and keep them in the database. After the one year free membership only 11% to 14% renewed. The leadership decided we spent more money doing it that the few memberships we got out of it and canceled the program. I am not sure what % of the 11% that renewed for one year renewed for a second year. It is doubtable that many ever even participated at all. We have 43% of the MAL's that do not renew the second year. It is likely they do not participate. They may feel they do not get their money's worth from the $85 membership. The higher level of renewals for members that are associated with a local, likely means that those people feel they get more for their money than the MAL's and therefore renew at a greater percentage. That is my analysis anyway. Usually, what you get for free you, consider worth what you paid for it.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
Thank you for the informative, civil and logical answer.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Hi, CanoeCalm,

Welcome to the forums!

I wonder if you noticed that the post to which you replied was in 2002, 9 years ago now. Whether for better or worse, WBCCI hasn't offered free memberships to new Airstream buyers for quite a few years.

Cheers,
Nuvi
Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #18
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Hi, CanoeCalm,

Welcome to the forums!

I wonder if you noticed that the post to which you replied was in 2002, 9 years ago now. Whether for better or worse, WBCCI hasn't offered free memberships to new Airstream buyers for quite a few years.

Cheers,
Nuvi
Yes, I realized the post was from a FEW years ago....There must be something out there to promote the fellowship rather than big red numbers and rules/regulations and a "sanctioned" rally. I may be missing the point of what I believe WBCCI is, but in the letter Wally wrote, I believed it was to promote fellowship amongst Airstream owners. It seems things have become bogged down in muck and mire of rules and who's on first. Only MY Observation and I do not mean to offend anyone.

From private posts I received the area units seem to understand Wally's concept...
I felt it relevant to revive the post because of the various recent posts having the same problems as 7 years ago. There is a problem with gaining members or so it seems. One must think outside the box. If anything comes from the different divisions below corporate, so be it. Some things may flow upward. I believe these units/divisions have a handle on what will bring folks "into the fold."