Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
my 1st post on this forum..... been a lurker for awhile

Welcome to the forum

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Appleton Area Trailer

BTW there is a 65-66 Caravel for sale in Rosendale, it sits on the north side of town. Went there yesterday to look, $7,500 OBO, there was a bath in it!
Looks solid and all there, skin was in good condition as well. It was locked but I could see through the windows.

Take a look & I have nothing to do with the trailer other than trying to help draw another WI VINTAGE member!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
A few months ago I was ready to join Everglades unit in SW Florida,but after all the negative imput I`ve read about WBCCI,I think I will put it on hold for a while.I`m 58 and just consider myself an old Hippie .How can this happen,can`t the chapters vote out of office the upper eschelon that won`t bend to change ? If they continue to stay in office ,than I would assume the majority of the membership must agree with the way they are running things.I thing I will just wait and see. Dave
Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #18
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyride View Post
A few months ago I was ready to join Everglades unit in SW Florida,but after all the negative imput I`ve read about WBCCI,I think I will put it on hold for a while.I`m 58 and just consider myself an old Hippie .How can this happen,can`t the chapters vote out of office the upper eschelon that won`t bend to change ? If they continue to stay in office ,than I would assume the majority of the membership must agree with the way they are running things.I thing I will just wait and see. Dave
Dave, I wouldn't hesitate joining because of the upper-level WBCCI/IBT stuff! For the fun and enjoyment of Airstream caravaning, rallying and pleasure, the local unit is where the real action is and always will be! Locate one that suits your fancy, and away you go!

It's only that some of us are also interested in the way that this club is run at the upper levels. Not everybody is interested in this matter, nor do they have to be. (But if it should ever come to something like a vote on issues involving the overall structure of the WBCCI, we'd hope to garner your support in favor of positive change!)

Lynn
Old 07-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #19
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
.I`m 58 and just consider myself an old Hippie .....I thing I will just wait and see. Dave
Dave I am a 42 year old hippie and joining the WBCCI and the WDCU have been a great experience for me and my family. We have all made good friends and we yern to go to the next rally to see our friends again. I think what you do for and with the club is what makes the difference.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
my 1st post on this forum..... been a lurker for awhile. . .

On Tuesday I saw there was a local rally by the WI club next month so I sent an e-mail to the president of the club asking if it would be ok if I came out and spent some time looking at their rigs to learn more. (even though i didn't have an airstream)

e-mail times
12:37 I sent the e-mail
1:43 she responded with a very hearty welcome. . .

She also forwarded my info to a local contact and he responded at 5:29 that same evening, even though he was out of town. I actually commented on how impressed I was with the speedy response time. He invited me to look at his rigs and tonight most likely I will.

Based on that interaction...when I buy a rig the first upgrade I'll make will be a club membership. response time is important. You only have 1 time to make a good 1st impression.
Ho,

I second Janet in welcoming you to the forums. And I especially thank you for joining the forum to put in a good word about your experience. As you have found, Appleton is a hotbed of Vintage Airstream activity. I hope--and predict--that you will find a suitable Airstream soon and join the Wisconsin Unit and VAC. We have a lot of fun together.

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
There are really two WBCCIs. . .

Quote:
Dave,

If there’s one thing I wish non-WBCCI-member Airforums participants understood, it is this:

There are really two WBCCIs.

One WBCCI is all about dress codes, Roberts Rules of Order, the Blue Book, etc., etc. This WBCCI exists mostly at the International, and in a few cases, Region levels. I have been told that some units are also in this WBCCI, but I haven’t seen that myself.

The other WBCCI is about having fun, going places, seeing things, meeting new friends, and hanging out with all the old friends that we have made in our WBCCI. This WBCCI exists in successful units and the Vintage Airstream Club.

The latter WBCCI really doesn’t pay much attention to the former WBCCI unless they do something irritating like the ill-fated non-Airstream motor home proposal. We can spend a whole Unit rally hanging out with our friends without hearing a word about WBCCI politics. Right offhand, I can’t remember seeing a blue beret or a red blazer at a Unit or VAC rally for some time. There may have been one or two—it didn’t make much of an impression on me one way or another.

The trouble with Airforums is that the former WBCCI is endlessly cussed, discussed, and recussed but the latter WBCCI is seldom mentioned.

Does the WBCCI have some problems? Sure it does—and if you want to hear them endlessly, 24/7/365, rehashed by a coalition of members, disgruntled former members, and people who have never been members, you’ve come to the right place. Nothing wrong with that. Monday morning quarterbacking is the national pastime. Somebody else’s problems are always easier to solve than your own.

But if you think you might be interested in joining the WBCCI, don’t pay too much attention to the endless criticism on Airforums. Go see for yourself. Unless you have already found a unit you like, join as a Member at Large (or WDCU) and go to some Unit rallies. If a unit isn’t to your liking, try another one. There’s a whole world of very different units out there, and my guess is that you won’t sample very many before finding one you like.

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
OK you people talked me into it,but the web site is down,have to try tomorrow to get contact #. Dave
Old 07-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #23
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
OK you people talked me into it,but the web site is down,have to try tomorrow to get contact #. Dave
Ya know, what'd I'd do is to get on Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) the Airstream RV Owners Association - Websites for Units, Regions, Intraclubs, Caravans and Rallies (which, unlike http://www.wbcci.org, does work) and poke around in the southeast units to see which ones seem to do things that you like.

Lynn
Old 07-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Dave,

You're darn right--I don't know what has happened to the WBCCI web site lately, but it's frustrating. Historically it has been quite reliable so I don't know what the current problem is.

I guess if I were you I would wait till Monday afternoon or Tuesday to see if they get it back on the air. The web is the easiest way to sign up.

If that doesn't work (from the 2008 Membership Directory--in print), the HQ Membership Director is Jodi Morris, JMorris@wbcci.org and the HQ phone number is (937) 596-5211.

If you think you want to start out with the Everglades Unit (again according to the 2008 Directory), their membership chairman is George Ebel, george@naples.net , and the Unit President is Roy Dalrymple, mildal1960@peoplepc.com .

Good luck, and hope to see you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 07-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
appleton , Wisconsin
Thank you for the welcome. You have a nice forum here. You could probably elect a WBCCI leader just from the members you have on here.

I've looked at that caraval the last couple weeks I've been through there. Price looked kinda high?? Wife was driving and actually stopped (good sign)but she didn't think it was big enough.
I'm thinking early '70's 23-24 ft twin axle twin bed (or somethin)
Old 07-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Dave,

If there’s one thing I wish non-WBCCI-member Airforums participants understood, it is this:

There are really two WBCCIs.

One WBCCI is all about dress codes, Roberts Rules of Order, the Blue Book, etc., etc. This WBCCI exists mostly at the International, and in a few cases, Region levels. I have been told that some units are also in this WBCCI, but I haven’t seen that myself.

The other WBCCI is about having fun, going places, seeing things, meeting new friends, and hanging out with all the old friends that we have made in our WBCCI. This WBCCI exists in successful units and the Vintage Airstream Club.

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Nuvi,

Thanks, it is the second WBCCI which my family enjoys.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
BTW there is a 65-66 Caravel for sale in Rosendale, it sits on the north side of town. Went there yesterday to look, $7,500 OBO, there was a bath in it!
Looks solid and all there, skin was in good condition as well. It was locked but I could see through the windows.

Take a look & I have nothing to do with the trailer other than trying to help draw another WI VINTAGE member!
Believe this is my friends AS for sale. So if anyone wants to talk to the owner, send me a PM and I will verify for you with a contact telephone #.
(Ed: They were visitors at our WI Unit luncheon in Beaver Dam in Jan or Feb of this year. You met them.)

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:27 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
I want to put in my .02 cents worth on this subject of the WBCCI.

I have been watching this on the issue of the WBCCI, and I see several new, non, younger, members all talking about the issues of good and bad that are going on and how they are or not pleased how the elderly ones running it currently are not in line with what they want..
Now having held an officer position in a Veterans Organization and the problems in it and the fact that it is run by one generation and another younger generation wants to do something different and cant because they dont have the solution. The same solution they need is the same for most other clubs including WBCCI/IBT.
The key is votes; when you have something run in a particular way and it needs to be changed you have to have the votes to do so, right now the current leadership has the votes to hold it and if you are not pleased with the older generations decisions then what needs to happen is you need to go into a membership drive campain and get the younger members in the group instead of driving them away, once you do then you have the majority of votes and changes will be made.
So all the bickering and such is not going to change anything except for driving members away and thus hurting the local chapters because ultimately they are the ones that are going to feel the backlash.

Sarge