Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
WBCCI Leadership

Anyone wanting to know more about the leadership and operation of WBCCI is welcomed to attend the following workshops to be held at the International Rally in Salem Oregon, June 28-July 4, 2006. The exact schedule for the workshops is not yet available, but will be listed in the rally program.

UNIT LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP SERIES

A series of four leadership workshops will be offered at the 2006 WBCCI International Rally. The workshops are open to all members and unit leaders in all positions are encouraged to attend. Recognition will be provided to those who finish each workshop. Those who finish all four workshops will be named Certified WBCCI Unit Leaders. Names will be published in the Blue Beret as a means of acknowledgement.

Workshop 1 – Basic Unit Business Operations for WBCCI Unit Officers
Covering the fundamentals of the business of WBCCI units, this workshop is critical for all unit officers and all members who wish to understand the administrative needs of their local WBCCI unit. Learn about: unit officer job descriptions; tips for conducting effective meetings; effective communications; the WBCCI organizational structure; the WBCCI Blue Book; unit bylaws and Policies; leadership transitions; standing committees needed; WBCCI Insurance; financial management; Merit Award Program; important due dates/responsibilities; Region and International resources. Open to all.

Workshop 2 – The Making of Great Unit Rallies and Caravans –
Creating Fun, Fellowship, and Adventure
Fun, fellowship and adventure are the heart of WBCCI. Learn about various ideas for creating successful unit rallies and caravans. Brainstorm with those from other units. Share ideas on such things as theme rallies or caravans; youth rallies; community service projects; joint rallies or caravans; intergenerational activities; special events and so forth. Discuss the general elements of a successful rally or caravan in small groups. Learn strategies for improving communication. Open to all.

Workshop 3 – Leading and Motivating Volunteers
Rally and caravan success relies heavily on the ability to involve members in ways that get them invested in the club. Effectively leading volunteers requires a different approach from leading paid employees. Learn strategies for motivating/leading volunteers and capitalizing on member talents. Explore the concept of the servant leader and various leadership styles. Discuss ways to build unity with in a club. Open to all.

Workshop 4 – Building Membership
Recruiting and retention are important to every WBCCI unit. This workshop presents membership boosting options such as participating in the adopt-a-dealer program; implementing a mentor program; utilizing the media kit and other public relations ideas; employing strategies for following up with potential members; developing a unit web site; hosting a unit open house; and orienting your membership toward recruiting. Open to all.

Sign-up for these workshops will held at registration at the International Rally in order to ensure sufficient availability of handouts.
Communicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Thanks! I noticed these in the schedule but didn't have any clue as to what they were about. These abstracts really help flesh out the program.

Do you know who is presenting these workshops, how the presenter was selected, and what is being used as reference and resource?

If this is like the caravan seminars, it will be some of the most significant unheralded benefits of WBCCI.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Great

Great! I'm glad you find them helpful.

I will present the first two workshops. I am a past unit president and currently a region 2nd Vice President who has conducted similar programs at the region level and various workshops in the public and private sector.

The WBCCI Membership Chair will conduct the session on membership and the 2nd VP from another region will conduct the session on leading volunteers. He was a professional trainer who has previously facilitated sessions on leading volunteers in the public and private sector.

We are all energetic forward thinking members of WBCCI and happy to be a part of this series of workshops!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
That sounds like a great idea. We are unable to attend international, but might be able to drive down for one of these workshops. Would we be able to attend, if we're not attending international itself? If not, I'm sure some of our other unit members will be able to attend.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Stephanie, I think you might be stepping into another 'touchy.' From what I can tell, the I'Rally doesn't support day passes or similar temporary or short term or partial participation. It's a single registration.

This does simplify the collections and records and the fee really isn't that much in terms of the market for such things but some folks do want to limit things a bit and save on the cost of admission. I don't think WBCCI is doing this as the I'Rally but then I may not know the latest official word as I am not in the loop.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
That sounds like a great idea. We are unable to attend international, but might be able to drive down for one of these workshops. Would we be able to attend, if we're not attending international itself? If not, I'm sure some of our other unit members will be able to attend.
If it were up to me, I'd say come. I'd love to have you at the workshops even if you can't come to the rally, but it is not my call. I have a call in to try to get an answer for you. I'm on the road so it may be a few days before I can get back to you.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #7

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
There's plenty of time to find out. Like I said, if we can't go, I know many of our unit members will be there and some of them can go and let us know how it is.

There's just not enough vacation time to get everything in this year!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Communicator
If it were up to me, I'd say come. I'd love to have you at the workshops even if you can't come to the rally, but it is not my call. I have a call in to try to get an answer for you. I'm on the road so it may be a few days before I can get back to you.
Would it be possible to obtain copies of the seminar materials for those of us interested in the seminars but unable to attend?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Would it be possible to obtain copies of the seminar materials for those of us interested in the seminars but unable to attend?
Sorry I've taken a while to respond. I've been camping.

I'm glad you are interested even though you cannot come. The best bet would be to have someone from your unit to attend and pick up the materials for you. They would then be able to fill you in on the material not covered in handouts.

I am responsible for the first two workshops - 1) Basic Unit Operations and 2) Creating Fun, Fellowship and Adventure. The first workshop has a lot of handouts and discussions in breakout groups will provide more information and idea sharing. The second workshop will rely a lot on discussion and the ideas of members so handouts will be somewhat limited.

Other presenters are responsible for workshops 3 and 4 and I will pass on your request to them. If you are unable to have someone pick up materials for you, send me a PM with your name, WBCCI number and email address and I will see that you get the materials. It might be after the workshops.

Happy Airstreaming!