Old 08-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' International
2010 22' Interstate
Carol Stream , Illinois
Oh man, I don't even know what WBCCI is, where 2015 will be and when and how to get involved. I'm only a three year Airstreamer.

John Millner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Attendance or participation....It's always the 80/20 rule. We attended the International in Madison ...out first ever. I had a great time; My wife not so much...camping on pavement is not her thing. We have not gone farther afield due to health reasons, and the cost of health insurance out of country following recent cancer treatments. But we will definitely be at Escanaba all other things being reasonable. We absolutely love the UP, using it to get to Thunder Bay Ontario from Southern Ontario and getting there for most from the south, east or west is not such a big deal. Straight up 75 in Michigan; a little more complex through Wisconsin, but either way it is a day plus of travel from the bottom of Lake Michigan to the UP and another short day in the UP.

Hope to see some of you there!

JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
You will likely need your badges to see the entertainment. I think you will find it worth the effort!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
WBCCI # 3518
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
If you won't wear a badge, don't expect anyone to address you by name. But rather, hey you.

Oh heck, I guess we'll get into the full swing of the experience - at least once - and go with an open mind. My wife tends to bristle when faced with rules, so it will be interesting. Packed in tight will be tough, but I used to love the old NCHA rallies for the great camaraderie they generated and hope to get a dose of that again.
"Don't let perfect be the enemy of better."
TCwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2005 30' Classic
Brigham City , Utah
Well, I have to add my 2 cents! WBCCI, IMHO, is all about the Units, and to a certain extent the Region. WBCCI is in the FELLOWSHIP business! We have never been to International, but we plan to in 2017 as part of a previously planned trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba and Fort William (Canadians will appreciate this!) in Ontario going on to the UP and then down to Dearborn MI for the Henry Ford Museum. WBCCI can stand all sorts of members; super casuals who attend very few Rallies on up to super politicals who are into EVERYTHING.
jrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:59 AM   #20
Rivet Master
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Originally Posted by switz View Post
We did our first and last International this year.

We are not WBCCI politically inclined and see no reason to attend again. We are approaching the local region rally this fall in the same frame of mind.

For us, the fun is not in mob scenes, but the smaller local events and individual trips to enjoy nature.

Have not been too pleased in the sardine commercial RV parks either.
Very well said!
For some folks RVing is not about any singular or social aspect - rather it is about individual appreciation of the wonders this country has to offer. We have made many friends through this forum as well as WBCCI, but also enjoy being "far from the madding crowd".
~~~~~~ mefly2 ~~~~~>>>
AIR 44105 /WBCCI - formerly 2015-1; Yamaha XT250
:>) ducts are now in a row w / 2015 ducted air :>)
* 2015 Duramax 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member
2005 30' Classic
Brigham City , Utah
AMEN to that MT Streamer! Hope to see you at the 2016 Region 10 Rally in Kalispell MT!!

jrolls is offline   Reply With Quote