Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Can anyone tell me what constitutes sponsoring a happy hour? I was under the impression that they were BYO. Is it the tent rental?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Region presidents have sponsored a "Happy Hour" for the last few years - They bring the food and in general get to know the members/officers represented at the rally. With the VAC being the largest intraclub, I believe the interaction is of value.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The sound and lighting budget and spending is phenominal. How about fireside theater? Entertainment should be arranged by participants, imo. You couldn't pay me enough to sit in a hot humid auditorium with all geriatric entertainment on a bleacher with sparse attendance and excruciating jokes about being ancient. I am no way a spring chicken but insults and commiserating are not my idea of a fun evening. And doing so to witness our camping or caravan club officers and spouses parade in formal wear on stage in spotlight is equally underwhelming and a definite skip on my agenda. I am curious to this year's presentations and the reviews.

photography
Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Region presidents have sponsored a "Happy Hour" for the last few years - They bring the food and in general get to know the members/officers represented at the rally. With the VAC being the largest intraclub, I believe the interaction is of value.
I have often wondered if WBCCI officers are interested in non-Vac Airstreamers that are within the general membership. While we are "allowed" at some VAC or officer events we do not have any representation of our own. perhaps that is why it may be a small group and difficult to recruit or maintain within the club.

Leo you are saying the current region happy hours are damage control for the abuse of VAC officers making their report? Well now maybe I guess I don't mind being left out.. .

Seminar is over but comment about tabs need taking over. What's a TAB? A diet drink?

And to all a good night...

photography
Old 06-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks for your narration and information, Miss Carol. And Leo.

Maggie
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Considering I am not at either the Birthday Bash or Gillette it was a good entertainment option for today. Sorry it was Windoze and not Mac friendly. At least it wasn't morse code. Who do you think is Ying and who is Yang?

photography
Old 06-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #47
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Sorry you had a problem Carol, my Mac worked fine.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Sorry you had a problem Carol, my Mac worked fine.
Actually, I had the problem with the Mac. However, courtesy of Buttercup's kindly tech support, a free download allowed me to listen to the last couple of hours.

Maggie
Old 06-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post

Marketing Committee -- where do you think they learned how to mass-email club members? Howie -- are you out there buddy!

__
Howie is here at the Bash. He doesn't have internet access here.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Vote of NO CONFIDENCE to IBT

For those of you who may have missed today's seminar at Gillette one notable exchange was between Fred Brugmans and the IBT.

The vote of NO CONFIDENCE was delivered officially to the IBT today by a representative of the New Jersey Watchung Unit, Fred Brugmans at the seminar meeting. Oh if only more members and officers would stand up rather than down and be the members' representative the WBCCI would be a much better club for everyone. Good for you Fred Brugmans and to all the members that stand with you. I am sure there are many more across all the regions.

FB: "Fred Brugmans Watchung Unit New Jersey. I am not quite sure if this directly relates to this but I am told by my membership to tell that our group Watchung, 65 members worth, have NO CONFIDENCE in the IBT. That's a pretty strong statement. I'll try to lower it down a bit, the biggest issue is, which I am sure everybody knows, or should know, is the decision made by the IBT in the January meeting to oust one of the members of Metro New York, without any comment, without any further back information, and that really upset Metro New York, New Jersey, Washington DC and Toronto or Ontario.

IP: "Let's please stay with the...the

FB: "No, no, what I am trying to tell you...

IP: "Its not germaine to the issue of the membership...

FB: "Well the membership, you are losing membership. That is germaine to the membership. We have right now 20 people...64 people who will not renew at the end of October. That is a disasterous statement and the reason is there is no information forth coming from the IBT on issues like this in the Blue Beret and that's our only source of information. And I think you people should take that into consideration and change it too."

IP: "Thank you for your comment."

The audio clip is temporarily available for download at YouSendIt.com File size is 2.2 MB

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_act...MGsyWGV4dnc9PQ

photography
Old 06-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
The audio clip is temporarily available for download at YouSendIt.com File size is 2.2 MB

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_act...MGsyWGV4dnc9PQ
Hoo, boy, Carol, you gonna be in a heap o' trouble. You gonna be hearin' (again) from WBCCI's lawyers for violating their copyright on their audio. The $29,000 legal budget just went up to $30,000.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I do hope someone takes a picture of the members wearing their "Reinstate Leo" ribbons!!! If you misspeak you land up in trouble, if you directly speak you land up in trouble, and if you quote someone who is misspeaking or directly speaking you still land up in trouble. Tagged, bagged and gagged where does it all end?

photography
Old 06-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #53
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Wow the best one was the "vote of no confidence" you gotta give that guy a lot credit for speaking out.

29K for legal??? that constitutes 527 members dues

In a short while that expense will at least triple.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
hey gang, sorry I could not be out in Gillette, but had to attend job interviews here in CT.
and this weekend, I was lucky enough to attend a fantastic close by rally by Charter Oak, and had no internet access.
I am AMAZED (well I guess not really) that Region restructuring is still "being looked at".
As you all know, as our club grew, so did the management, to it's peak in '76-'78. at what? 40k plus members? The world has changed, in so many ways, back in those days there were no mid/hi end Motorhomes, 5th wheels barely existed. Now things are different plus the general population are not joiners the way they were then.
there is no way we will get to 40k membership again, yet our management is at that level!
This is such a no brainer.
I am so very tired, as I'm sure you all are, of "surveys", "round tables", and "commitees's" being formed.
There have been at least 2 if not more surveys in the last 15 years.
How many times can we be asked, and how many times can we tell them????
I'll be there tomorrow (if I can with my Mac) and here as well.
Dan
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
29K for legal??? that constitutes 527 members dues

In a short while that expense will at least triple.
Harassing members and former members with lawyer letters costs the club money; but I believe the defense against this lawsuit will be covered by the club's insurance.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Harassing members and former members with lawyer letters costs the club money; but I believe the defense against this lawsuit will be covered by the club's insurance.
Maybe members should take out insurance riders against leadership for legal assistance or wouldn't that also be covered in the WBCCI same insurance policy????

photography
Old 06-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Insurance might mistakes but I doubt it will cover acts of stupidity and failure to apply standards of fiduciary responsibility.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Insurance might mistakes but I doubt it will cover acts of stupidity and failure to apply standards of fiduciary responsibility.
You know, HowieE, comments like these are what give the impression that your and others' ultimate goal is to destroy the WBCCI.

Maggie
Old 06-28-2010, 05:25 AM   #59
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Maggie, what Howie is perhaps saying is even if there is insurance, it doesn't guarrantee coverage for all/any wrong doing.

Howie is very dedicated to saving the club and has spent a lot of his time in the effort with Defend Wally.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Okay, Bob, I'll take your word for that.

I believe that lawsuit insurance covers the suit/damages, etc., rather than separating out actual found liability---but I could be wrong.

Maggie