Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Am I paranoid, or are they out to get me?

Hi, I finally pulled the trigger and sent in my application to the WDCU - about six to eight weeks ago. Haven't heard a word back.

I've made a few comments last year about the expulsions and later semi-secretive reinstatements. Is it possible that I've made myself persona non grata to a point where I'm not wanted in WBCCI?

Paula

Old 03-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Hi, I finally pulled the trigger and sent in my application to the WDCU - about six to eight weeks ago. Haven't heard a word back.

I've made a few comments last year about the expulsions and later semi-secretive reinstatements. Is it possible that I've made myself persona non grata to a point where I'm not wanted in WBCCI?

Paula
Paula,

Did you send the application in with a unit selected or as MAL?

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:

Paula
Paula,

First, from every indication I've seen, you ought to fit right into the WDCU.

And second, given recent membership losses, I am sure that WBCCI headquarters will welcome with open arms anybody whose dues check cashes!

Can any of you WDCU folks tell Paula what happened to her application?

See you up the road,
Nuvi
Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #46
Certifiable

. , .
Kids these days...

Quote:

Paula
Here's the president of the WDCU. Send him a pm and/or slap him upside the head when you see him at the Cherry Blossom Rally. IMHO, the problem with this guy is that he's younger than his trailer. And just to make extra-special sure that everything gets done the right way, squeeze this guy's nose and tell him he'd better take real good care of you too!

Whippersnappers...
Old 03-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Here's the president of the WDCU. Send him a pm and/or slap him upside the head when you see him at the Cherry Blossom Rally. IMHO, the problem with this guy is that he's younger than his trailer. And just to make extra-special sure that everything gets done the right way, squeeze this guy's nose and tell him he'd better take real good care of you too!

Whippersnappers...
I think that it is safer to send him a PM rather than a hit upside the head. He is a Marine who can kill you 20 different ways without making a sound.

And you are correct, never trust an Airstream owner who is younger than his trailer.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:49 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Outer Circles

Do I think Phil’s stuff was good reading? Sure for what it was worth. Will it make a difference? No. As Ed said, “They have the car keys”. Not to turn this into a political discussion, but most of the IBT, EC7, etc… work the same old tricks that many political leaders do and what’s sad, the tricks work most of the time for many of the folks standing on the slide lines that “really” don’t dig into the issues and believe everything the “drive by media” (Blue Beret, IP, etc..) tells them.

Most people have more things to do in life than to worry about how someone may or may not be running a camping/caravan club. For the most part, they just want to feel like they are part of a “club” that is of the same interest they have and shoot the poop with others of like mind. I’m glad there are those that want to make the club “All it can be” and are willing to work hard to make sure it is here for others to enjoy. Let’s hope the work that everyone has done and will do keeps it going long after I’ve gone to the campfire in the sky.

Do I agree with much of the “goings on” of the IBT, EC7, etc “No” Do I see anyway of changing it either for the “inside” or “outside” “NO”. Trust me, they know who is playing the game for the sake of playing and that’s only going to get you to the “outer circle”. As for calling them names, that just get’s you to a different “outer circle”. Sheep know what a wolf in sheep’s clothing looks like and they know what a wolf looks like. Either way, you maybe able to pick-off one or two, but you will never get the whole herd before they have a chance to repopulate. Like sheep, they will all fall in line and follow the leader even if they don’t know where they are going.

Maybe someday we all will see the day when an “International Rally” has kids, pools, bouncing stations, dances with music for all, no white shirts, ties, blue pants and berets, but don’t hold your breath!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #49
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
The Politicians' Creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Not to turn this into a political discussion, but most of the IBT, EC7, etc… work the same old tricks that many political leaders do and what’s sad, the tricks work most of the time for many of the folks standing on the slide lines that “really” don’t dig into the issues and believe everything the “drive by media” (Blue Beret, IP, etc..) tells them.
Good points. It took me a while to figure out the politicians' motto:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time. . . and that is sufficient."

The mess the country is in right now provides ample evidence.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #50

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time. . . and that is sufficient."

That about says it all

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #51
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
It is March eleven, that is eleven days from spring. My mind is on camping not who has the best leadership philosophy.

Leo, good luck to you. Just so you know, most people do not care for having a finger pointed in their face... the reception is usually negative. Perhaps you might want to consider a slightly less aggressive approach.

Carol, go ahead defend him now, it is expected.

Quote:
Maybe someday we all will see the day when an “International Rally” has kids, pools, bouncing stations, dances with music for all, no white shirts, ties, blue pants and berets, but don’t hold your breath!
Paul, if you come, it will happen. There will be the coolest kiddie pool right outside my trailer. I will set it up right next to the moon bounce we can pool our money on and rent for the week. I now have 182 days of music on my computer, so there should be something for everyone. I am bringing my two kids, Rob is bringing his three, Steve is bringing four... How about you bring Miss Virginia and help us make your dream a reality. No, breath holding needed.

I personally am going to make the best of "it", what ever "it" is.

Poor Mrs. Schwamborn must be rolling in her grave at how her club has become... everyone fighting over who is right and who is wrong.... Just go camp why don't you.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
I just wanted to wish Paula good luck. You seem like a straight shooter... let those of us without red numbers know how it goes for you.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Leo doesn't need defending, he holds his own very well. He's a stand up guy and doesn't need a posse to do or speak what he thinks is right. If I seem to be underfoot around these discussions it's because I share many of the same viewpoints as Leo has. It's not all that remarkable a stretch considering we had those ideas together many years ago and have each continued to regard them. I have been wrapped up and following along long enough to have more than a passing interest in the direction the WBCCI takes. This to me it is not about the people. I am not summarily supporting a person or group. I support or challenge the ideas or the principal behind them. Some I think are good and some I don't agree with. We all oscilate between ideas and platforms or beliefs. It's a process and we never stop evolving.

I joined the thread because I liked the articles that Howie posted. I don't take the time to jump into threads solely for the purpose to tell people how wrong they are and how I am so tired of their WBCCI threads and actions and dialog. You guys aren't getting a kickback from the EC7 to heckle are ya? Naw, I am teasing you, I know you do it just for the fun. Me too!

The reason I personally thought Phil Pons articles were so very good, aside from how well they were written is that he is writing from the standpoint of a member of the IBT and with direct experience and knowledge of various situations and a gamut of members throughout the club. To me his comments were welcome as a substantiation to what many have been referring to as wild claims of outsiders.

I will go sit down now, no better still I will go find something to do and let you others speak for awhile. Poor Leo, don't hang him with the likes of me. He's better than that!

Paula it might take a while to get onto or off of the e-mail list with WDCU. I had to do some e-mailing and checking to straighten out my membership. Are you kidding, not want you!! They are lucky to get you. You will fit right in that busy happy group who I am sure will get back to you as soon as they can. Are you planning on attending the CBR?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Only time will tell

Frank,

You are correct in what you say that you make your own fun. I know when MaryKim, Virginia and I went out to Springfield, MO a few years ago, everyone went to bed and when they got up the next morning a 12’x3’deep pool with 1750 gallons of water was sitting in front of our trailer! There was even a picture of it on the front cover of the VAC magazine a few months later. It was hot, but we had fun in the 3amp area. Not sure if we will make the trip this year, work, the balloon biz and wanting to hit a couple of other rallies will make International tuff to make.

Anyway, the bottom line is this:

The WBCCI has a great bunch of people at “ALL” levels (including the IBT and EC7). We all just need to remember that everyone has an opinion of “how” something should be done and the reason behind them. Let’s just hope everyone will play nice, be respectful and always keep the best interest of the WBCCI in mind when doing so. One thing we do know, the current way of doing things “are not” keeping members in the club and nothing of a “vision” has been put in place to change it. I really don’t care who does what as long as we make the club something that “Everyone” who owns an Airstream will want to join and take part in going forward.

“Build it, they will come”
Old 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Build It!

Quote:
“Build it, they will come”

Very,very true
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Not this time of year! (at least in Wisconsin)

Quote:
You can trust a naked truck driver!
That's a scary thought!

Anybody particular you had in mind?