Old 09-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #43
1 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Chipley , Florida
Look at post #34. Florida Big Bend Unit has invited you to our weekend Rally at Bainbridge, Ga. (September 12, 13, 14) Also noted, we will have another weekend Rally in Carrabelle, Fl in October.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #44
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Unit

Well...I have been getting a couple of e-mails here lately but most of the units are out of state.One that has caught my eye though is the Florida unit.They seem to have quite a few families in there and that is what I am looking for.Now if SilverCabin can help me out here.Yoohoo.SilverCabin

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #45
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Hey

Hey There Chipley.
I am sorry to say that I wont be able to make it.I am still working and I wont really get to start doing things until the end of October.I wish I could but I gotta work.Thanks Again for the invite and when something does pop up in my vacation time I will gladly try to make it.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Inquiry from the GA Unit

Minnie's Mate -

I'm from the GA Unit. Sorry you haven't been contacted. I'd like to discuss it with you. We are relatively new to the unit but becoming more active recently. The rallies have changed quite a bit in the last year and we are still looking for ideas. We are also looking at some off season campouts (not at the TOP).

I think we met last year at the Falluminum. We will be there again this fall.

Matt
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman View Post
The only thing with me though is that I dont have the time to do things from March 1st to October 31st.That is when I work a lot but from November 1st to Febuary 28th I am free to do what ever almost.(The little one is in School then.)I do have the weekends and maybe some of the weeks but it can work out.
Honestly though.If I were to join a unit,My only thing is that I still do so much that I would not be able to help the unit out. ... .I am just still wanting to have fun and go camping.Plus play with my little girl which by the way I am pretty sure when you saw me at last years Can Opener she had me on a leash.

Devoman,

Most units would be glad to have you as a member, regardless of how much you could do. Your participation in what you can attend would be welcomed. Having fun, playing with the kids (while they still welcome that) and camping is what it's about.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #48
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Finally Decided

Well...I finally decided to choose one but I am not going to say who and what the unit is right now.(The drums a beating).
But I do have to say I think I made a good decision in doing this.Once everything goes thru and I finish everything I will tell you all who I went with.

I did finally start getting e-mails yesterday and got quite a few of them and I thank you for the invite into your unit.I know I can join as an affiliate so you never know.

Thanks Everyone.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Congratulations! It was interesting to see your search progress. I wonder if your internet exposure hastened the e-mails to any degree. Enjoy and hope you find lots of nice playmates for Brianna. I think she will also be spoiled by many adoring adoptive "grandparents."

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #50
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Numbers

Well...I am in the waiting game right now and trying to find out what numbers I will be able to get.It is getting closer to the final finish here.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Swoope , Virginia
I'm glad you decided not to let the politics hold you back. I haven't joined yet because I still don't have a title to my "new to me" trailer. But, I am really looking forward to becoming friends with the great people I met at the VAC rally that I stumbled into. I will be joining as soon as I "officially" own the tradewind that's parked in my backyard. Good luck on your choice and hope to SYDTR.
Mike
Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #52
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Wbcci

Thanks...
I am not worried about the politics of it because it really does not intrest me at the moment.What I do want to do like I posted earlier is to just have lots of fun and camping with my Daughter.I just want to be in a club that is fun.That is the side I am wanting to be on.There are a lot of units out there that are doing that and changing in a big way within themselves.It will take time for the whole club to change and joining this club is just helping it one more step in the process.It can happen but with time.
I look at it like watching TV.If you dont like it turn the channel.There is always another channel or another unit let just say.Just dont get rid of the TV just because of one channel..

Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Kudos for joining the WBCCI. I was put off by club politics at first too, but in the whole scheme of things the politics are now insignificant compared to the fun I've had. Regardless of what unit you have choosen, I'll be proud to camp with you at any rally with any unit any time.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #54
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Wbcci

All right everyone.I have got my numbers on hold for the moment and I am now set up.I finally picked a good unit that was close by.I already knew a couple people in there so it turned out great.There are a few families in it but the great part is that it is close by...Well,7 hours or so close by but it is still in Florida.
I have joined the Florida Unit and will have the numbers 6637 posted up on the Airstream soon.Thank you to everyone who sent me e-mails for the invites and thank you Florida unit for excepting me.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #55
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Several months ago the Blue Beret had an article about using the clear static cling sheets to put your numbers on and then you could apply the sheet to the front and rear of the Airstream when you attended WBCCI events and remove them when you weren't. I think it was in "Phred Sez" This was so the numbers wouldn't be "burned" into your Airstream's clear coat. He said the sheets had stayed on at speeds up to 200 MPH on race cars, so they should work fine on an Airstream. If you drive faster than that, I don't want to know about it.

In the 2 plus years I have been a member of WBCCI, I have never applied my numbers and accidental threw the issue of the Blue Beret that had the web site where you could order the cling sheets by the inch so I haven't used this approach. I think this is the way I will go with our numbers. I have looked at craft stores in our area, but no one really knows what I'm talking about, much less have the stuff. But if someone has the issue and can post the web site, that might be the way you want to go.

On Edit, I found the article myself on the WBCCI website:

http://www.wbcci.org/documents/Phred...ept%202007.pdf

or

http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageSRC=Maintenance

Sept, 1, 2007 issue.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #56
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Numbers

Ok...So I am waiting on my new numbers and it should be here in about 2 weeks give or take a couple days.Well...When I was thinking about them earlier I decided to try a new type of vinyl I have.It is a red chrome diamond plate vinyl sticker.It is made of a thin metal type material and has an outdoor life span of about 5 years depending on where you live.It also reflects light very well so I would think you would be able to see it down the road for quite a ways.Here is what I have done so far.This is only the backside of the Airstream right now.I will do the front here shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9155124.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	67443