1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
Hello Devoman. I have been a member of the Akron Unit. What a great

bunch of people. I have talked to others and they have great memories

also, the unit has had buddy and joint ralleis, all where a loads of fun. I

personally see no point in joining unless you join the local unit. That is for

me. I have been to Intl Rallies and camped with the Vintage club. You

can even on these forums have contriversies. I have had such a great

time in our local unit and at Big functions.

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Huntington , Vermont
Devoman,

We also felt a 'need' to join this group (WBCCI) that has so much history and so many problems. We picked WDCU!

Since joining a bit over a year ago we've not yet met another DCU'r, but we've met and camped with the Texas Highlands unit, the Top of Georgia unit, and members of NEU. Our first real WBCCI rally will be with NEU this month. Later this fall or next year for sure we'll meet up with WDCU.

What I'm suggesting is, join WDCU and use the next year or two to investigate the possibilities both near and far. You can always change units during renewal, but in the meantime you'll be able to vote on WBCCI issues via the internet.

Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

http://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
This is like pledge week. Wonder what Steve will decide... You are popular fellow.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #32
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
E-mails

Hey 2Air...
So far I have sent one e-mail out and that was to Big Bend.Funny how you said those things because My e-mail was sort of like that.I asked about how fun the units are and do they do a lot of outdoor activities and such and do they have families that are in my age range.I am looking at doing a local unit if I can.Being a MAL wouldnt matter with me.But if I can at least find a unit that would be fun with the same type of attitude then I am in.I need a unit that has kids and like to go bike riding or hiking in trails.Meeting new people is great also.I would like to meet some in my age bracket though but it seems that the younger it gets the harder it is to find.So I will keep looking and e-mailing until someone answers.
Now this will be the fun part.Who will be willing to answer back and how long will it take.This could get interesting.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #33
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
E-mails

Hey Silver Cabins.You are gonna be at the Can Opener right?
I just sent an e-mail to the man in your unit.I am pretty sure he will get it shortly sometime this evening.It seems that the website your unit has is pretty nicely set up.A lot of others are really simple but do not give out a lot of info.This does with pictures and everything.Looking at the pictures I noticed a few people with kids and I am sure or hoping that is not everyone in the group and there are more to be seen and meet..Thanks and still looking.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Chipley , Florida
The Floeida Big Bend unit has most of their members in and around Tallahassee, but four members are from Chipley and we have two members from Panama City. We have about nine monthly unit rallies within about 150 miles of Tallahassee. This coming weekend we wil be at the KOA Campground in Bainbridge, Georgia.(Sept 12, 13 and the morning of the 14th) We would like to invite you to this rally if the storm does not cause a problem. The KOA phone number 229-246-5802. The October Rally will be in Carrabelle, Fl. and the November we will be in Thomasville, Georgia for our Installation meeting. We have on average 15 to 19 units at our Unit Rally. Our President this year is Walter Culley and he will the Third VP for Region 3.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Kids? In an Airstream? In the WBCCI?
We have 2 kids, 14 and 16. They are in between young members and grandchildren at most events. There are definitely some kids in most units.

Our 14 y.o. loves to play cards and talk with the older members. She is always finding something new and different. She often wins 1 or 2 games at our unit rallies. Our 16 y.o. has been to 2 Internationals. In Perry, there were 15 or 20 teens. Unfortunately in Bozeman, he didn't find many friends. He still enjoyed the time there and actually helped out with the younger kids (there were quite a few).

Try several units.

Matt
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
This is like pledge week. Wonder what Steve will decide... You are popular fellow.
Great observation. You got me laughing

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman View Post
Hey Silver Cabins.You are gonna be at the Can Opener right?
I just sent an e-mail to the man in your unit.I am pretty sure he will get it shortly sometime this evening.It seems that the website your unit has is pretty nicely set up.A lot of others are really simple but do not give out a lot of info.This does with pictures and everything.Looking at the pictures I noticed a few people with kids and I am sure or hoping that is not everyone in the group and there are more to be seen and meet..Thanks and still looking.
We're planing on it but haven't made reservations yet. The FL Unit has a few families in your age group with children. You have met one couple already at the Can Opener, Wendy the Health Chic and her husband Bill. I'm working on our unit rallies and trying to make them attractive to your group. The Can Opener is the model I would like to achieve--minimal business, mostly fun and fellowship.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 AM   #38
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Health Chic

I wonder if Wendy and Bill will make it to the Can Opener.They probably already know about it and i am pretty sure they will come.

That is exactly what I am looking for.A group who is close and has several families in them around my age group.
The only thing with me though is that I dont have the time to do things from March 1st to October 31st.That is when I work a lot but from November 1st to Febuary 28th I am free to do what ever almost.(The little one is in School then.)I do have the weekends and maybe some of the weeks but it can work out.
Honestly though.If I were to join a unit,My only thing is that I still do so much that I would not be able to help the unit out.I would not mind doing it sometimes but then I would be overloaded with to much.I am just still wanting to have fun and go camping.Plus play with my little girl which by the way I am pretty sure when you saw me at last years Can Opener she had me on a leash.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #39
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Replies

Well...So far there are no replies from the units.I am gonna send out some more and see what happens.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Steve
At least U have Units within your reach. We don't have a unit here The LOCAL Cincinnati UNIT DIED.
Thats why I told ya there will never be RED NUMBERS ON OUR TRAILER
I don't need em.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #41
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
e-mails

I have sent a few more e-mails out tonight.Now it is starting to go into other states.If nothing happens here in the next few days I will stop and not worry about it anymore.I would have thought at least 1 e-mail would have come thru though.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #42
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Frustrating isn't it...so many units want you, but aren't near you and the ones that are nearest you...well, the IBT wonders why our membership is shrinking every year.

It goes all the way up from the unit to the IBT, the WBCCI isn't responsive to the members or prospective members. When we inquired with WBCCI, we were contacted by the Georgia unit; when we joined, we camped at the "Top of Georgia" once and haven't been contacted by anyone from the Georgia unit to see why we haven't been back or why we haven't been to any of the unit rallies. I want to be a part of the history of the WBCCI, but it really doesn't seem that there is anything there for us. This may be the last year that we renew. I guess I'll decide between now and next July.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote