Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Below is correspondence received from President Beu this date:

"Forest"

"Thank you for the clarification. I think you have explained one of the causes of misinsformation. I agree that the Region 11 Board did not have to vote on the proposed Constitutional amendment, as stated in the Oct. Region 11 minutes. I disagree that a vote was neccessary to ratify to votes of the Region 11 Units if Section 1 was intended. Only a certification by President Neumarkel was necessary. See Art XVI, Section 1, third sentence. 'The proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the originating Unit is a part, that the amendment has likewise been approved by a majority of the Units within that Region.' But as you know, a Board Meeting was held, and a vote was taken."

"Region 11 President Newmarkel submitted a letter, dated October 9, 2010 to Headquarters. The first sentence reads, "The motion to amend ARTICLE IX of the WBCCI Constitution was RATIFIED by a MAJORITY vote of the members present at the Annual REGION 11 BOARD MEETING, with a quorum present." Seems clear enough to me. I accepted the accuracy of this statement."

"Please review Art XVI, Section 2, fourth sentence. 'The proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the originating unit is a part, that the amendment has also been approved by a majority of the members of the Region Board of such region.' Unlike Section 1, Section 2 procedures do require Region Board action and are for proposed amendments intended to be considered by Unit Delegates at the June 30 Meeting."

"Subsequently, Region 11 President Neumarkel submitted Motion 5, replaced by Motion 5 (Revised) to be considered by the IBT during the Jan 24-28, 2011 Mid-Winter Meeting. As it stands, Motion 5 (Revised) is his to present as is, revise or withdraw, as he wishes."

"Regards"

"Norm Beu"
"Presidnt, WBCCI"
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Here is my reply sent today:

"Dear President Beu,"

"As I’ve been saying, the maker of the motion (DENCO Unit) should not be held responsible for processing errors made after it has left the maker’s control. Below is the letter I wrote to President Neumarkel, with Cc to all Region 11 Unit Presidents, on September 9, 2010, prior to the Region 11 Board Meeting. Pay particular attention to the sentences in bold."

"You returned the motion to the maker (the DENCO Unit) stating that it must be resubmitted despite all available evidence that the Units in Region 11 submitted letters of certification according to instructions from WBCCI HQ. The problem is not on our end, we have not withdrawn our motion, and we should not be required to resubmit it."

"Sincerely,"

"Forrest McClure"
"DENCO Unit Trustee, Past Unit President"

"From: Forrest"
"Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:41 PM"
"To: [Dan Neumarkel]"
[Email addresses removed]
"Subject: Re: Motion to amend WBCCI Constitution"

"Hello everyone,"

"The majority of units (5 out of 7) in Region 11 have indicated that they have voted and approved the motion to amend ARTICLE IX of the WBCCI Constitution."

"This is a "grassroots" initiative, intended for the membership of a unit to vote on and not the IBT or the Delegates at their Annual Meeting. Some have suggested that the IBT might be the "faster" path to get the motion through, but then it would be subject to all sort of opportunities by those who oppose it to modify, delay or table it. The motion is not intended, nor should it be voted on at the rally by the Region 11 Board (composed of unit presidents or their representative and the Region Executive Committee). One reason for this is the very real possibility that not every unit will be represented. This is likely going to be the case with the DENCO unit. Also, as has happened in the past, an insufficient number of units have attended, and without a quorum business cannot be conducted."

"Of course, there is nothing wrong with the motion being on the agenda for discussion. Never-the-less, that is not how the motion can be ratified following the procedure as outlined under Section 1 of Article XVI in the WBCCI Constitution."

"I wrote Cindy Reed, WBCCI Corporate Manager, concerning this and asked what process satisfies "certification" as it is used in Section 1."

"She wrote that, 'A written, signed letter from the Unit President indicating the motion has been voted on and approved by a majority of the unit members is required. Please email it to your Region President (Dan Neumarkel) and also send a hard copy via snail mail to him. The letter does not need to be notarized.'

So, please follow through now with a printed version, with your signature at the bottom, indicating your unit's vote. Failure to follow this procedure will make your unit's vote meaningless. Mail the letter to:"

"Region 11 President Dan Neumarkel"
[address removed]
"Thank you for your cooperation and best regards to all of you,"

"Forrest McClure"
"DENCO Trustee & Parliamentarian"
Old 01-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I hope all this correspondence is Via e mail so as to be current.
Should be interesting listening to the feed tomorrow.
I also think it is interesting that the letter referred to in post 20 was distributed by constant contact got to Forrest on the 21st and didn't show up here until today, 3 days later.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
I also think it is interesting that the letter referred to in post 20 was distributed by constant contact got to Forrest on the 21st and didn't show up here until today, 3 days later.
Maybe they ought to call it "intermittent contact".
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
It looks like the WBCCI could use a "Constitution Interpretation Committee". It could be the 12 region presidents making up the committee with the IP voting only in case of a tie. Kind of a Wally Supreme Court.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini View Post
It looks like the WBCCI could use a "Constitution Interpretation Committee". It could be the 12 region presidents making up the committee with the IP voting only in case of a tie. Kind of a Wally Supreme Court.
That is already what the IBT is and the duty they have.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs up GReat News from Mid-Winter IBT!

I have just recieved a telephone call from a member of the Executive Committee that a "special meeting" of the IBT was held today. President Beu has reversed his position due to the concerns of the Region Presidents. I have been assured that on Friday, Region 11 President Neumarkel will withdraw his motion #5 with the assurance from President Beu that the Constitution & Bylaws Committee will issue its letter of recommendation and the DENCO Unit motion to amend will be sent out to all the other Units of the Club.

I'm feeling pretty pumped!

Be sure to tune in Friday for the IBT simulcast!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Forrest,

That is great news, any time limit on the letter of recommendation?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I have just recieved a telephone call from a member of the Executive Committee that a "special meeting" of the IBT was held today. President Beu has reversed his position due to the concerns of the Region Presidents. I have been assured that on Friday, Region 11 President Neumarkel will withdraw his motion #5 with the assurance from President Beu that the Constitution & Bylaws Committee will issue its letter of recommendation and the DENCO Unit motion to amend will be sent out to all the other Units of the Club.

I'm feeling pretty pumped!

Be sure to tune in Friday for the IBT simulcast!
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Great news! Good job, all!

Hope springs anew.

Maggie
Old 01-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Super news, Forrest!

Lynn
Old 01-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
I've just had a phone conversation with Region 11 President Neumarkel, and he believes all of this will be announced during the IBT Seminar scheduled tomorrow.

The seminar will serve as President Beu's confirmation of the agreement. Since Motion #5 is near the end of the agenda it is possible the seminar could carry over into Wednesday.

According to the WBCCI website:

"The Tuesday, January 25th, IBT Seminar will be broadcast from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The session usually breaks for lunch from 12 noon to 1 p.m."

"The Executive Board will meet on Monday, January 28th, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to be followed immediately by the International Board of Trustees meeting. There will be a break for lunch from approximately 12 noon to 1 p.m."

"Audio for the meetings will be streamed live. A windows Streaming Server is being used. Anyone who wants to listen to the meetings must use Windows Media Player and connect to the audio at http://WBCCI.primcast.com/WBCCI"

"The feed will begin approximately 10 minutes before the meeting begins. The microphone will be closed during recess and music will be played during this period."
Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Forrest,

That is great news, any time limit on the letter of recommendation?

Bill
That detail may still be something to work out, but March 20th is the deadline.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
A big THANK YOU goes to Dan Neumarkel, Bob Moss and other IBT Region Presidents and yes, members of the Executive Committee. This would not have happened without them.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Thankyou very much, to Region 11 President Dan Neumarkel and International Treasurer Bob Moss, and all other Region Presidents.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Yeah!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Hopefully we're back on track . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
A big THANK YOU goes to Dan Neumarkel, Bob Moss and other IBT Region Presidents and yes, members of the Executive Committee. This would not have happened without them.
Agreed, Forrest, thanks are due to many of our leaders. And Thank YOU for your persistence in getting President Beu's misunderstanding straightened out.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #57
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Forrest, Thank you for all your work on being on top of all the roadblocks they put in front of the Denco unit. You fought fire with fire and they knew you had them over a barrel. Yes, they could have ignore you but I think there were to many unit presidents who sent e-mails to our region presidents and Bue with our concerns that ignoring this issue will cost them members and lots of members. The Internet is a wonderful thing.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #58
Rivet Master

Forrest, your tenacity and instructionalism enlightened the International Board. Without your expertise, "Blue Pearl" struck the nail on the head. If the EC-7 didn't reconsider, IMHO, there might have been a mass exedus of members not renewing.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
What I find troubling is the fact that this group of experienced and capable officers/leaders of this organization have so much trouble reading and interpreting their own by-laws and constitution. A working knowledge of the constitution and by-laws should be a prerequisite of election not an afterthought.

Maybe I just expect too much. Dan
Smartstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #60
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I've never read the WBCCI constitution and bylaws, but part of the problem may be that they are poorly drafted and need a team of lawyers to understand them. Whenever there are ambiguities, that leaves plenty of room for people to interpret them in a way that supports what they want to believe.

Anyway, glad you guys got your amendment moving along. I don't think it will solve all the problems, but it's a start and you've got to keep at it.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, president's remarks, wbcci