Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
Wiley 4573
Hyde 3649
Garvey 1237
Abstentions 1525

Do you think someone will get the hint?

Damon
Somebody might get the hint, but likely not those who need it most.

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #17
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Good showing Mark, if Leo had not been expelled by design he would have likely made it.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #18
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am going to say that I am not heckling or poking fun. I have been following along trying hard to understand. This is a sincere question...

What has changed? If I follow this voting correctly the two candidates selected by the IBT won. Did I miss something? Also all the motions that people on this forum objected to were voted "yes" and all the ones wanted by the people on this forums were voted "no." Did I read this wrong? Am I misinformed?

Don't lash out at me, I am trying to understand. These questions are not harassing, I sincerely want to understand what is going on. My numbers, though a black stripe through them, are still on my rig, my name still appears in the book, I still have my flags, and I still have my beret I use to wear proudly.
Click image for larger version

Name:	VAC Fall09 ToPrint lr proof_Page_05.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	106116
Though I might not be in "good standing" and many of you label me a "quitter" I want to know. Educate me, do not voice your own frustrations on me.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I feel it's about member representatives speaking out publicly regarding dissatisfaction with the current state of the WBCCI, and movement in a more positive and member-satisfying direction, Frank. All of the broadcasts demonstrated elements of that.

The powers-that-be cannot, IMO, continue to try to attribute dissension and dissatisfaction only to the vocal few on the Forums and elsewhere. It is clearly bigger and more widespread than that.

Maggie
Old 07-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Our members expressed the concern loudly and unanamously! Our vote was the result.

Hats off to our UP!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Losers apparently keep right on trying. That is my understanding Frank. As far as the outcome of elections, way to go Mark!!!!!!What the results show to me is a changing in the general climate and not a total stranglehold. I thought it was great and hope to see more candidates in the future. I believe next year there will be a full blown effort from the gentleman from Wisconsin.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #22
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am asking for snarky replies, educate me. What does the proceedings distill down to?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I am asking for snarky replies, educate me. What does the proceedings distill down to?
Frank,

Then I won't give you a snarky reply, but instead ask how you would define change in the WBCCI. What events would you consider change for the good and how long should it take for those changes to take place?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #24
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Bill, I was not looking for my opinion out of this. You asked me two questions that require opinion however.
I would like to see an inviting club. One that is welcoming to anyone even if they are just curious about Airstreaming and the life style associated with it. One that realizes that working people someday become retires also. That working people want to be a part of things too.
I would like to see a club where grievances are not needed to be filed in order to control the opinions of it's members. Where issues can be corrected like real men in face to face discussions. Where a grievance hearing is unheard of.
I would like a club that has it's main rally of the year so that people from all walks of life can enjoy it. Where even the children have something to do. Where maybe renting a moon bounce or a pony would take higher priority than having a cocktail party at the most expensive joint in town for a few of the higher up. Where the rally fee benefits every attendee equally.
I would like to see a club without so many rules and procedures. Where a blue book is not even a thought.
I could go on and on on, but won't. What I want is not what is important, it is what all the members want that is.

You ask what changes I see for the good. I see that people are finally talking about things and are getting off their hands. However looking at these voting statistics, what I see is not as promising as some do. 10, 984 votes were cast. The out cry over Mr Hyde, here on this forum, was significant. He received 33.63% of the votes cast. 1/3 of your club must be just fine with him. Mr. Wiley received 41.63% of the votes cast. 13.88% of the votes were abstained. Not sure why this is a victory, but Mr. Garvey got 11.26% of the vote. I know Mr. Garvey was a last minute from the floor candidate and to even get that much is a good sign that some were not happy with the two choices sent up by the IBT. However combining the abstained and Mr. Garvey together and calling it the voice of opposition, still is only 25.14% of the votes. Just shy of 75% were just fine with the IBT' choices. Mr. Hyde still wins more votes. So what does this show me? Most of your members still support the IBT's choices. it shows me that the very vocal opposition to the status quo does not actually have the support it believes it does. I also see that all the motions people here opposed went right on through. I am basing these things I see on the voting statistics, not on my preferences. Do I see any change? No I do not. That is my honest answer.

When do I think change should take place? I think you know my answer to that one. Maybe it is time to re evaluate what some are up against. Don Quioxti never gave up, I think others will take the same position. I honestly wish you Godspeed.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Back in April, our unit had its business meeting, They voted to back the nominated slate of officers with only one vote against. (mine). I accepted this with out making waves simply because at that time there were no candidates running from the floor. The year before we tried mail voting so the unit has some provision for it, however only 5 ballots were returned so it would appear no one cares,
The delegate is sent out with the instructions to vote his conscience.
End result is everything gets rubber stamped and is not necessarily representative of the feelings of all the unit members.

I suspect that there are many more who would have voted for Mark if there had been a way to do it on such short notice. While the abstentions don't mean much in the results, It does show a lot were not happy with the slate offered.
It seems to me the whole system is badly flawed until there is a way that everyone has the opportunity to vote if they choose to.
Based on this election I think it is an indication that the number of unhappy members is growing as more become aware of what is happening
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Bill, I was not looking for my opinion out of this. You asked me two questions that require opinion however.
I would like to see an inviting club. One that is welcoming to anyone even if they are just curious about Airstreaming and the life style associated with it. One that realizes that working people someday become retires also. That working people want to be a part of things too.
I would like to see a club where grievances are not needed to be filed in order to control the opinions of it's members. Where issues can be corrected like real men in face to face discussions. Where a grievance hearing is unheard of.
I would like a club that has it's main rally of the year so that people from all walks of life can enjoy it. Where even the children have something to do. Where maybe renting a moon bounce or a pony would take higher priority than having a cocktail party at the most expensive joint in town for a few of the higher up. Where the rally fee benefits every attendee equally.
I would like to see a club without so many rules and procedures. Where a blue book is not even a thought.
I could go on and on on, but won't. What I want is not what is important, it is what all the members want that is.

You ask what changes I see for the good. I see that people are finally talking about things and are getting off their hands. However looking at these voting statistics, what I see is not as promising as some do. 10, 984 votes were cast. The out cry over Mr Hyde, here on this forum, was significant. He received 33.63% of the votes cast. 1/3 of your club must be just fine with him. Mr. Wiley received 41.63% of the votes cast. 13.88% of the votes were abstained. Not sure why this is a victory, but Mr. Garvey got 11.26% of the vote. I know Mr. Garvey was a last minute from the floor candidate and to even get that much is a good sign that some were not happy with the two choices sent up by the IBT. However combining the abstained and Mr. Garvey together and calling it the voice of opposition, still is only 25.14% of the votes. Just shy of 75% were just fine with the IBT' choices. Mr. Hyde still wins more votes. So what does this show me? Most of your members still support the IBT's choices. it shows me that the very vocal opposition to the status quo does not actually have the support it believes it does. I also see that all the motions people here opposed went right on through. I am basing these things I see on the voting statistics, not on my preferences. Do I see any change? No I do not. That is my honest answer.

When do I think change should take place? I think you know my answer to that one. Maybe it is time to re evaluate what some are up against. Don Quioxti never gave up, I think others will take the same position. I honestly wish you Godspeed.
Frank,

I know that you were not looking for your own opinion, but I was and thanks.

I think that part of the problem is the same as the US population's opinion of congress. "They are all rotten and should be voted out of office, but my guy or gal is great."

I believe that the membership at large thinks that the international leadership may be out of touch and "rotten" (must be careful with my words or a grievance about promoting disharmony will be filed against me), but my local unit and friends are great.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #27
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
but my local unit and friends are great.

Bill
... as are every Airstreamer I have ever met in person. I am still a newbie to this all having only three seasons of Airstreaming under my belt. I have however gone to a lot of rallies and gatherings(more than the average bear). I have yet to meet someone at any that I did not though ally enjoy.

Bill, now answer me this: What is it about the politics involving the wbcci that makes all this so toxic?
Old 07-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I don't now if any others are surprised at the eleventh hour candidacy and success of Marks Garvey for the position of nominating Committee but I think all in all for a new comer and late announcement he made a stellar and encouraging showing. I hope to see more of this and that we can campaign in advance for next year's elections and vote a candidate into office from the floor. It is never too soon to start preparing for the future and if Ed Emerick is still considering running with an additional slate of officers for 2011-2012 I am going to gladly pay my dues and fall in behind him.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote