Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
WBCCI e-mail account

I recently joined WBCCI and one of the perks is that all members get a wbcci.org e-mail address. I found information saying your address is your first name plus your member number @wbcci.org but I can't find any information about how to set this up.

There was nothing in the new membership packet. The Southern Illinois Unit e-mail page says you find your temporary password "on page 3 of this issue" which looks like it was copied from the Blue Beret.

Anyone where to get your temporary password so I can set up my WBCCI e-mail account?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but supposedly you can get a WBCCI.net email address through your unit webmaster, who has to set up your email account. The process is described on the WBCCI.net home page. Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) the Airstream RV Owners Association - Websites for Units, Regions, Intraclubs, Caravans and Rallies

WBCCI seems to have 3 different domains, WBCCI.org for the headquarters web site, WBCCI.net for the standardized unit web sites, and space on that used Airstream dealer's web site for the new, definitely not improved, WBCCI member forum.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
If you received a copy of the unit directory for Southern Illinois, you could look up the webmasters phone number. It would be faster to work by phone than to use his e-mail address which is on the Unit's website. He could do the whole thing for you in a couple of minutes and he could get back with a conformation with a week. Unless they are using Google Docs and a controlled distribution for some of their documents another e-mail address is not that useful. Most of my members never bothered to set one up.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
. . . another e-mail address is not that useful. Most of my members never bothered to set one up.
I didn't mention that, but I agree. I am eligible for email addresses from numerous organizations, but fail to see any point in it. I don't offhand know of any members of our unit using a wbcci.net email address. (And yeah, it's gmail.)
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Thanks for the help. I've contacted my unit webmaster.

My hopes are to try to bring my unit up to speed technologically. They were doing well a few years ago by posting photo galleries, but that ended in 2007.

I posted last weekend's rally to the Airforums rally calendar and brought five non-WBCCI trailers to the rally. One signed up and two are considering it.

Using the wbcci.net address will be a good way to help promote the club. I'll have it set up to dump right into a single inbox so it won't be cumbersome.

Again, thanks for the help.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Hey Steve, we signed up too. I sent the papers to Linda on monday. She called international and found out that the numbers are available so our trailer will be 16832 again. Kind of appropriate since it started out with that unit.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Congratulations on joining WBCCI! Nick got the original numbers for his trailer too. I contacted the unit webmaster to get my wbcci.net e-mail address but haven't heard back yet. Gordon and Louise are both working on the issue too.

Tags
e-mail, wbcci