Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh My - I'm in.....

Lets see Canada day.... Red and White...

Well I am white and if I buck the system and just go in the buff I may blush so does that count as a shade of RED...and If I bid on that Berret - and win then I will be set for the Independence day as well - so what more does a girl need in the way of a "dress" code........
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
I am COBO on weekends dose that mean I can wear shorts and flip flops?
Sounds appropriate to me!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Oh My - I'm in.....

Lets see Canada day.... Red and White...

Well I am white and if I buck the system and just go in the buff I may blush so does that count as a shade of RED...
There's nothing more patriotic on Canada Day than a WASP with a sun burn!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
By the way - Carol, that is a cute cat. Is it yours and does it travel well?
Hey Tim, great job as member chair in the VAC! Our Kee Kee wandered into our garage this past fall. Things are simpatico here, sure he has his foilables, then don't we all? Since we never had a feline before, he thinks he is a dog and we think he is an alien.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wanderer.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	54558   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7156w.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	54559  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
From the "up yours" generation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leipper
interesting bit of paranoia here.

there is no 'dress code' for the WBCCI. it is rather difficult to change something that doesn't exist.

There are matters of respect. Respect for others. respect for your organization, respect for yourself. One way to show respect is in how you present yourself.

This generation is one of the few that has taken the 'up yours' method of expression to new heights in self presentation, even to the point of creating rules to flout where they don't exist to start with.

interesting paranoia.
I know this is a couple days old but I want to respond to it, as one of the "up yours" generation.

First: It has nothing to do with the amount of respect I have for the club. It has EVERYTHING to do with how I want to spend my vacations: generally, I prefer to relax on vacations. Dressing up is (generally) not relaxing, at least for me. And I wear a button down shirt and dress slacks to work every day, no tie (I work for the government); I don't want to dress that way on vacation and have to worry about getting my clothes dirty or even damaged (dressy clothes are harder to clean and cost more). Sure, if I'm going to a nice restaurant or something, then yeah, I'll put something nicer on, but I'll put jeans/shorts and t-shirts back on ASAP.

However, I wonder if the problem isn't as much a dress code or whatever but the fact that we're having a meeting or ceremony in the first place. Retirees use the term "fixed income" - well, I'm working, so I've got "fixed vacation." That is, I have a limited amount of vacation time I can use each year, so I like to make the most of it. I mentioned I work for the government, so you can bet I spend a lot of time in meetings, workshops, lockups, Tiger Teams, premeetings, facilitated sessions, and probably a few others I've managed to block from my mind. Having them during my vacation just isn't what I want to do.

Second: The "up yours" generation? Please.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #66
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I would have to agree with Skater. Myself, Im young, and Im not saying I know everything, but I have to agree that I dont want to spend my vacation in a dress! I like to have my jeans and a sweatshirt on, and enjoy myself, cant do that as much in heals.

I think as for the "Up Yours" generation, that I think is personally rude! I work with older people all day, and my work is something that makes me feel good. If you plan on judging, maybe older people should look at more their age, they arnt always the easiest to deal with. However, Im not going to say something that us rude back, because two wrongs dont make a right, I did learn that when I was a child, guess my parents didnt do so bad after all.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
"up yours generation"

Folks, Having been on the opposite side of many discussions with Leipper...

I do not take his phrase as an insult or rudity but as a way to convey his perceptions. Much like I used "Hippies and Summer of love." to convey mine.

Don't let our use of such terms offend you please. We were trying to convey thoughts in a medium wherein voice inflection and facial expression cannot be used.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:57 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater
Retirees use the term "fixed income" - well, I'm working, so I've got "fixed vacation."
That's the quote of the day!

Way to devise an analogy regarding the issue that both generations can identify with.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #69
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Folks, Having been on the opposite side of many discussions with Leipper...

I do not take his phrase as an insult or rudity but as a way to convey his perceptions. Much like I used "Hippies and Summer of love." to convey mine.

Don't let our use of such terms offend you please. We were trying to convey thoughts in a medium wherein voice inflection and facial expression cannot be used.

I would have to disagree with you. I think it is rude, calling someone a Hippie, and then calling someone a kid of the "Up Yours" generation, I think is diffrent. I dont see anything by being called a Hippie, but being called apart of the Up yours generation, I think its rude. So many people treat is younger people like we are dirt, and that we are not deserving of being members of the WBCCI, but I dont let it get me down, because I want to have fun!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #70
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
as a card carrying tree hugging hippy I am not offended by being called anything. My attitude is "up yours" to anyone that thinks they have room to judge me. With so many people, from so many different points of view, there is bound to be differences in opinions, differences in values, differences in direction. The sooner we all stop thinking the other guy is wrong, the sooner we all can be right. If some of the club members want to go formal, so what? what does it matter? Does it really cause a problem? If some of the members want to wear birkenstocks and cut offs, so what? Has it effected anything? Get over it!!!

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! WEAR WHAT YOU WANT.... NO ONE CARES. IF THEY DO, SO WHAT?
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #71
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura you were right, your parents did a good job teaching you to be polite and not to repay unpleasantness with same. I also found the comment inflammatory. But I don't think Bryan was regarding a generation but addressing the collective group of people he disagrees with how they show no respect for traditional ways of the club and the leaders and in their manner of expressing themselves. At first I didn't know which generation that could possibly be. There is no such thing??? You really need to think hard and then harder when Bryan speaks. You are AOK in my book (and I am sure Bryan adores young people too.) I know you would find more support here than the occassional grouch that you may have had the misfortune to stumble upon in the past, many people of any age are not judging others for their age. That's the problem with language as used it could be hurtful and appear mean. Guess us oldsters have calloused up through the years. Yup, you don't let that bother you, we love younger people at the rallies. When we see through your eyes and catch your enthusiasm and see your energy you lighten our steps and we all have fun. You put the fizz in the mix!

photography
Old 02-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I love that phrase "Limited Vacation." It sums it up perfectly.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #73
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! WEAR WHAT YOU WANT.... NO ONE CARES. IF THEY DO, SO WHAT?
An Airstream Camper's words to live by
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #74
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Just heard about the new dress code for members at Bozeman. Don't forget your eye patch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-shirts0001T-shirts.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	55079   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-shirts0002T-shirts.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	55080  

photography
Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #75
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
What are you talking about Carol?

Old 02-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Since the motorhome issue is going to be readressed I thought it appropriate that we were dressed appropriately. I belive it was Paul Wadall of WDCU that first presented his units flag in ceremony wearing the eye patch as a pirate. Someone on WBCCI mentioned black arm bands in protest but I think the pirate flag and patch is always within the measure of good taste.

photography
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #77
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
I have a ton of Pirate stuff!!!!!