Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Originally Posted by Over59 View Post
WBCCI not owning their own forum is about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. This is what happens at all levels of the club when a handful of people need to keep absolute controll.
No one ever said the folks that run the WBCCI/IBT where or are in touch with the internet world or the members.
Sadly the new website is as useless to me as the Blue Beret magazine.
But as long as we have units like the 4CU I will just keep having fun with them and let the one that run the WBCCI have their fun thinking they are running the WBCCI.

Jimmini :
AKA : TUMBLEWEED. Just an old buzzard with a itch to yonder.
Man has only those rights he can defend
Old 09-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Achy Breaky Blues There's plenty of activity from Gibson's forum now.

WBCCI Forums are not WBCCI's

Old 09-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
I knew there was something wrong from the very beginning. I was contacted by Greg back in June - before the website was launched to the public- to start a virtual unit via the new forums. I of course said that I was a happy member and officer of the WDCU and had no reason to charter another unit. Then I posed the question: Wouldn't a new unit have to be chartered through headquarters? and got the response: no we could just start a virtual one via the forums! At this point I severed communication with this individual.

The whole thing is bad news- we have a great forum here to talk about everything Airstream- not just WBCCI- and let the units of WBCCI develop their own forms of communication (facebook, yahoo groups, ect).
April & Andy Hershberger
Old 09-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
2009 19' Flying Cloud
Bordentown , New Jersey
Just to let everyone know this is why I dont belong to WBCCI and any other "you do as we say" organization. Quit or shut up... this is lame and getting no where. Stop whinning and get a life!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There are a few bad apples in any organization. It is up to the members to let the leaders know that there should be some corrections made. If the leaders do not do it, then the general membership should make a bigger noise so the leaders are aware how many members are upset. To crawl under a rock is no way to solve the problem.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
Rivet Master
1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Uh...I actually prefer forums that aren't owned by the organization in question. I find them to be much more impartial. For example, if you're on a forum owned by XYZ Corp, and you say something bad about a product, sometimes XYZ Corp will delete the posts... quite stifling for discussion. Not every "independently" owned forum is better, mind you - some will bow over to demands from the organization in question - but usually they are.

And I doubt he's making money on it. He's lucky if he is breaking even. I say this as someone that runs his own forums for the B-van (which I don't have ads on - I pay for it out of my pocket, because I know I'd never sell enough ads to make it worthwhile) along with two other websites. I pay about $200/year for my hosting, and my sites aren't even that popular - something like the WBCCI forums, with more users, would certainly cost quite a bit more.
1995 Airstream Classic 30' Excella 1000
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Old 09-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
In an effort to keep things positive around here, I am going to close this thread and also put a ban on the WBCCI forum discussions on AIR for the time being. If you want to talk about this stuff just link to it and talk about it on another site. It's doing nothing but create bad vibes between a bunch of people and that's not good for all of us enthusiasts. Thanks for understanding.

AIR # 2 - 1961 Bambi - Jeep Cherokee
Campground Reviews: Submit and review campgrounds around the US
Closed Thread

greg gibson,